Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Comics news 2006-7

Writer in 'No reading comprehension skills shocker!'

PS Check out today's blog where he comments on my post yesterday talking about, in Newsarama's words, how Marvel's percentage is the biggest since Diamond started measuring. He literally just pretends Matt Brady didn't say that yesterday even though it's right there in the article if anyone reads. Mental. This is a guy in serious pain.

Hang on, where does it say that?

You said it was the biggest percentage difference between the two since Diamond's records began. Newsarama says it's the biggest percentage difference between the two for months.

No, Matt's article said it's the biggest percentage of the Diamond era (see below)...

"From a Market Share standpoint, Civil War and Stephen King’s 1-2 punch helped Marvel register two of the highest unit and dollar shares in the current Diamond era, 47.38% and 42.35%, respectively."

Can anybody foster a guess as to when this anniversary celebration for all things grendel is going down? I heard there were some hardcovers en route so anybody in the know,please lemme in.

It's not gonna happen but I would kill for hc's of the first Batman/Grendel and Grendel tales:devils and deaths.From what I heard there's also gonna be an"Art of Grendel" book similar to what Dark horse put out in regards to Sin city and Hellboy.

I dont know if this qualifies as new news.

According to Mark Millar it was "Top Secret" although he was happy to throw it around to everyone.

He's scottish like that.

Mark Millar's and personally more importantly Bryan Hitch's next project together will be on the Fantastic Four!

Apparently, Millar is already nine issues in and Hitch has already finished pencilling the third.

According to Mark millar it was "Top Secret" although he was happy to throw it around to everyone.

He's scottish like that.

You appear to have confused the terms "scottish" and "a self-aggrandizing dickhead".

According to Mark millar it was "Top Secret" although he was happy to throw it around to everyone.

He's scottish like that.

You appear to have confused the terms "scottish" and "a self-aggrandizing dickhead".

:happy:

More so than Ellis?

Anyway, I didn't see him rape anyone either.

Having just reread Ultimates Volume 2, I heart Bryan Hitch/Millar combination .

He's scottish like that.

Perhaps that not's confusion. :lol:

According to Mark Millar it was "Top Secret" although he was happy to throw it around to everyone.

He's scottish like that.

Mark Millar's and personally more importantly Bryan Hitch's next project together will be on the Fantastic Four!

Apparently, Millar is already nine issues in and Hitch has already finished pencilling the third.

I give it, maybe, two issues until something terribly misogynistic happens to Sue. And I give it one issue until we start hearing about delays.

Is this the regular F.F. book, Ultimate F.F., a mini-series, a spin-off, or what?

I read the regular F.F. title. Right now, it could use some shaking up.

Millar's not my favourite writer, and I don't want to see Sue anally raped, and it would probably be delayed.....but if Millar is kept in check, I wouldn't mind seeing this.

I just read that someone has finally picked up the rights to Trade Bill S's Stray Toasters series (originally from Epic).

In this case, that someone is Image Comics.

For anyone who doesn't know, Stray Toasters was without a doubt the best book to come from the Epic imprint and you do need to own it.

Also, Image has a GN called The Surreal Adventures of Edgar Allan Poo (by Dwight MacPherson?) coming out this August. It takes place towards the end of Poe's life and explores the impact his creativity finally took on him. It sounds like a serious story, but the title makes it sound like a light comedy, so I'm confused. It could be great or it could be (uhhh) crap.

I'm always interested in buying any books about Poe.

ANNNDDD....

DC has finally decided to collect the Denny O'Neil Question series from the 1980s!

Is this the regular F.F. book, Ultimate F.F., a mini-series, a spin-off, or what?

It's the core Fantastic Four title.

That said is "4" still running?

Millar's already launched and written run Ultimate Fantastic Four (Ultimate Four would surely suffice), so it's not that and he claims he's nine issues in so far which prevents this from being a mini.

I don't want to see Sue anally raped

She could be invisible so you wouldn't have to.

But I'm touched by everyone's concern for the integrity of Sue Storm's arsehole.

In his defense, Millar hasn't displayed any overt misogany during his two Ultimate Fantastic Four runs, Ultimates Volume 2, Wolverine and Civil War runs (That said Civil War displayed very little talent either).

In his defense, Millar hasn't displayed any overt misogany during...Civil War

Ah. You failed to notice the "letter to Reed" scene, then?

In his defense, Millar hasn't displayed any overt misogany during...Civil War

Ah. You failed to notice the "letter to Reed" scene, then?

Or I failed to recall it.

Please explain.

Flash: The Fastest Man Alive ends with issue #13. But that's ok because it will return as The Flash with writer Mark Waid and artist Daniel Acuna. It is unknown which Flash it will be.

Story here on Newsarama

I could not be happier. The Flash will be good again. I may have to start buying it again.

I think with the return of

Wally West
in the latest JLA, it will probably be him.

I wasn't entirely sure where to post this - it quite possibly belongs in the "Comics In Other Media" folder, to be honest, and if some enterprising mod were to move this post, I wouldn't object too violently - but it amused/annoyed me in roughly equal measure, so I thought it was worth mentioning:

What the fuck is it with Frank Miller and da wimminz, anyway? (item #2,873 in an ongoing series)

I wasn't entirely sure where to post this - it quite possibly belongs in the "Comics In Other Media" folder, to be honest, and if some enterprising mod were to move this post, I wouldn't object too violently - but it amused/annoyed me in roughly equal measure, so I thought it was worth mentioning:

What the fuck is it with Frank Miller and da wimminz, anyway? (item #2,873 in an ongoing series)

Yeah, Miller is a tit.

The new cover artist for Storm Shadow is someone other than Sho Maruase.Hire this woman soon Devils Due,she's perfect for that or interiors.

The new creative team on Ghost Rider starting early next year is Jason Aaron as writer and newcomer Roland Boschi on pencils and inks.please don't let it suck I just did my "I might just get a new book to be into,happy,happy dance."

The impossible to find Savage Sword of Conan (B&W magazines) are going to be given the "Essential" collection (meaning big, B&W, affordable books) by Dark Horse starting in December with the earliest issues.

I heard about that. It would've really been for the best if they cancelled all other Spider-titles and just published Amazing once a month. Then maybe they could actually get the character back on track.

This explains about the writer-situation though.

I originally read that Dan Slott was scheduled to be the new ongoing writer when they went to the new format (which sounds good, because Slott can take Spider Man back to how the character is supposed to be), but then I read that there's a different creative team on the book the following month....

But, I guess it's really like still like having three distinctive Spider-titles a month, only they're all called Amazing now....Strange.

It makes sense that Slott couldn't keep up that kind of schedule alone!

I'm wondering how jarring this will be though, with 3 (or 4?) distinctive writers writing each issue each month.