Sign in to follow this  
Mark

Comics news 2006-7

I heard about that. It would've really been for the best if they cancelled all other Spider-titles and just published Amazing once a month. Then maybe they could actually get the character back on track.

This explains about the writer-situation though.

I originally read that Dan Slott was scheduled to be the new ongoing writer when they went to the new format (which sounds good, because Slott can take Spider Man back to how the character is supposed to be), but then I read that there's a different creative team on the book the following month....

But, I guess it's really like still like having three distinctive Spider-titles a month, only they're all called Amazing now....Strange.

It makes sense that Slott couldn't keep up that kind of schedule alone!

I'm wondering how jarring this will be though, with 3 (or 4?) distinctive writers writing each issue each month.

they do seem to be throwing a fairly nice chunk of artists at the whole thing.I'd love it if they did X-men in the same fashion they appear to be trying here.What's Going on over there recently looks vaguely intriguing with names like Carey,Brubaker and a few others involved,but it seems kind of all over the place.

They're bringing all of the X-books together right now with the cross-over.

And Wheedon is leaving Astonishing X-Men by the end of the year, and they plan they bring that title more in line with the other X-titles once Ellis takes over.

The cast of Astonishing is currently involved in the cross-over, even though the book itself is not.

I don't usually like such tight continuity in most titles....I'm still a little unsure about Amazing Spider Man doing that...but I love seeing tight continuity in the X-books.

I'm wondering how jarring this will be though, with 3 (or 4?) distinctive writers writing each issue each month.

To begin with, it'll be one writer writing each issue for a month. How they'll handle it afterwards hasn't been decided.

Bob Gale said the editor "...decreed that for the first four months, we'd each do a month - I'm month 3 - but after that, we all just talk about what we want to do and try to figure out what makes sense, who should do what, and when. It's basically controlled chaos."

This is a groovy cover image: http://www.newsarama.com/Comic-Con_07/Marv...dey/Larroca.jpg

The impossible to find Savage Sword of Conan (B&W magazines) are going to be given the "Essential" collection (meaning big, B&W, affordable books) by Dark Horse starting in December with the earliest issues.

Weren't a couple of those in the Marvel Essential Conan bind up? I'm pretty sure "The Song Of Red Sonja" and "The Frost Giant's Daughter" at least were from the magazine.

I don't think The Song of Red Sonja was from SSofConan...but yes, every so often, Roy Thomas was late with a script on the monthly title, and they'd reprint a story from Savage Sword in colour to fill in for that month.

I just read about it y.d., and looked it up at Amazon today, and it's official:

Jack Kirby's OMAC (hardcover)

$24.95

May 6, 2008

Fucking A. That's great news.

Now all we need is The Demon, affordable non-Archive versions of Kamandi, and 2001: A Space Odyssey!

Hey,where do the rest of you go for previews of new titles or new issues?

The only ones that I am familiar with are newsarama.com and popcultureshock.com so for the most part that's where I check,any suggestions?

I go to comicbookresources.com and get a copy of Comic Shop News each week.

Yeah,my favorite shop is a nice enough place that they throw in a copy of comic shop news,which unfortunately is not the norm as I understand it.

Thank you both for some quick suggestions,I'm bored to tears and newsarama is not working tonight for some reason.