JohnMcMahon

The Hellblazer Trade Paperback Thread

Did you check somewhere a few inches from where you usually keep it? (Hey, that's how it worked for me. After like, 10 months.)

HAHA, yes I did, and with no prevail!!! Eh, I guess I'll buy another one. If I do find it afterwards, I'll give it to a friend. And just my luck, because I had happened to lose Dangerous Habit the last day of skool!!!!!

And the Empathy is the Enemy TPB is out as well.

Whaaah? WHat happened to stations of the cross? For those of us who cant get every issue that comes out because nowhere in the whole bloody county stocks them, there must be coherence! Last I saw, John's throat was bleeding and he had amnesia. Now he's fine. Gragh. Someone please tell me I'm wrong and have missed a tpb?

Stations of the Cross will be out next month. And no, you haven't missed anything - DC's just playing silly buggers with the solicits. I imagine they'll be alternating between Mina and Carey trades until Carey's all published, in order for the Mina trades to be just a few months behind the floppies.

Two more Carey trades to go, by my count.

Curse ye and yer trades. I'm gonna go read #10-#40 (the Un-Traded Happyland, as I like to call it) again.

Finally got around to Staring At The Wall. In short I quite enjoyed that. Nice little climax to the twists and turns of the story. The end of days or at least an attempt at the end of days was pretty well visualised and written I thought. The whole deal with the "dog" was a nice little bit of writing misdirection methinks, or maybe Im just not that bright and didnt see that twist coming.

Gemma is certainly more of a fleshed out character, which I like. Swamp Thing was badass and the kid from those Books of Magic what not Ive read was a nice cameo I guess. Im guessing he would have recovered "off-screen" along with the rest of humanity...on the other hand, judging by the ending Im not entirely sure how over the entire story is, what with apparent amnesia and all. Bare in mind Im not reading HB on a issue-by-issue basis...

I'm pretty sure they used that scene with Tim Hunter as the basis for the "Books of MagicK:Life During War Times" series, for how Tim ended up in an alternate universe....

....But I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure they used that scene with Tim Hunter as the basis for the "Books of MagicK:Life During War Times" series, for how Tim ended up in an alternate universe....

....But I'm not sure.

No, Tim was conned into going into some interdimensional hiding by a John Constantine from another dimension.

...yeah.

Just pre-ordered stations of the cross off Play.com for £6.99 inc delivery. BARGAIN!

Anyway what comes after stations of the cross, i started with the One-shot before Down in the ground where the dead men go, so have i caught up?

Nope. If Stations of the Cross ends with issue 200 ("the war was just beginning") then you have a one-off story called Event Horizon and the four-part Reasons to be Cheerful before you get to the one-off you bought (that is the one with the black-and-white cover, right?).

Nope. If Stations of the Cross ends with issue 200 ("the war was just beginning") then you have a one-off story called Event Horizon and the four-part Reasons to be Cheerful before you get to the one-off you bought (that is the one with the black-and-white cover, right?).

Thats right mate, cheers, also paid 9.99 and got it on friday after realising with how long play delivery takes coupled with the bank holiday i would have it oooooohh february.

I just re-read Warren Ellis Haunted arc. Every now and again I go back and read my favorites, and although I loved it, I had not counted this as one of my favs. Boy howdy was I wrong. I love it. Ellis nailed Constantine. It is a pity that he didn't stay on the book longer.

spoilers

I love how all he had to do to help her was get the ghost from the club to lead her onto the afterlife... that he was indulging in his own adrenaline and anger in his retribution on Josh. And damn that retribution kicked ass. Was that five hits they dosed him with? An abandoned dark room, a morgue drawer, and the once Scarlet Woman decomposing underneath you while your hands are behind your back? Fucking sick retribution. Do not piss this man off.

Anyone know where I could pick up a few tpbs? Amazon says its got them, but after having it say that 4 times, and then after 6 months getting an email saying 'whoops, we were only kidding, we actually have nothing you could possibly want but why not buy this Barbie magazine instead' I need a new source. So, web addresses anyone? I'm going for Ennis, as I've got all the rest, but still missing

Tainted Love

Damnation's Flame

Son of Man

Oh, and does anyone know whether they're planning to make a tpb of one-shots any time?

Edited by Apocsol

Surrey in England, and all the local shops have one Hellblazer tpb IF you're lucky, and no actual issues.

You should get a bus into town.

The streets of London are paved with Hellblazer TPBs.

Except those streets drawn by Marcelo Frusin.

... he was indulging in his own adrenaline and anger

That's exactly what I like about Haunted. Its one of my favourites. I think I'll have to read it again.

Just stopped by the largest comics shop in Calgary. They have the full run of the trades. I got Rake at the Gates of Hell. My catchup for the missed past 15 years slowly continues B)