Sign in to follow this  
James

STEWART LEE INTERVIEWS ALAN MOORE

Comedian Stewart Lee (Fist of Fun, This Morning With Richard Not Judy) is interviewing Alan Moore (some comic book guy) for BBC Radio 4's Chain Reaction show, in which each interviewee gets to choose someone else to interview later on, that their choice gets to interview someone etc. etc.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/whatson/tickets/shows..._reaction.shtml

Apparently it's happening next Thursday at 7:30 pm which is a right pain in the arse because I'm apparently on some kind of training course Thursday and Friday. So... do I skive off to go to this one or wait for the future recording when Alan Moore interviews a person of his choice? And how many of you peeps would be able to attend? Tom? Ade?

I've applied for tickets online, but I'm not too hopeful.

Arse. Well, there's always the "Alan Moore interviews..." one.

To be honest, I'd be pushing it a bit if I went this Thursday anyway - even though I could get into London in time for the interview, it'd be early in the morning before I even got back into the centre of Leeds and I have a 6:00 start the following morning.

or a moment, i misread this as "Stan Lee inerviews Alan Moore".. now THAT would be fun to watch!

You can't - it's radio.

But you can hear it at bbc.co.uk/radio4 once it is broadcast.

Thanks Adrian. Sorry for the messup, I didn't realize what I typed until after it was posted. Is this interview series something that may be put on CD?

No, but I'm going to see if there's a way to record streamed media as an mp3 to save it for posterity.

I'm reliably assured that there is, but jiggered if I know how to do it meself.

TMWRNJ: Acronym for the TV series This Morning With Richard Not Judy.

Explaining the meaning of that title is a long story though suffice to say that it was often shortened to TMWRNJ which was pronounced kinda like

TumWrenJer

TMWRNJ: Acronym for the TV series This Morning With Richard Not Judy.

Explaining the meaning of that title is a long story though suffice to say that it was oiften shortened to TMWRNJ which was pronounced kinda like

TumWrenJer

And in one of those strange twists of fate, as any New Zealander will tell you, We had "This afternoon with Judy, but not with Richard" down here.

We had a LONG time TV News Frontspeople Duo of Richard Long and Judy Bailey on the National TV channel. It SUITED Grandma and Grandpa to have them read the news, day in , Year out. " There was a Typhoon in the Phillipines Today " says Our Judy. Richard looks out into viewerland at the people eating their tea, and he looks concerned, and a little sad " Ohh Ahh, it be a TRAGEDY then " says Dad. "Doesn't Judys HAIR look lovely" says mum.

Then the nasty bean counters did the numbers, and found that they didn't NEED Richard, and he got the arse.

Yours sounds like a DELIBERATE work of comedy, eh?.

;)

I will listen to the interview, if it is still available. That's what I like about you guys, always finding interesting ways and topics for me to fritter my life away on. :p

It was a comedy spoof of a real program called This Morning which was hosted by husband and wife team Richard and Judy.

They hosted it for years and it became a bit of an institution so the name sort of unofficially changed to This Morning with Richard and Judy. One series though Judy had a hysterectomy or something and so was off for most of the year.

So at around the same time comedy duo Lee and Herring did a spoof version which they titled appropriately enough This Morning with Richard not Judy. I picture one of them dressed up as a woman but I don't think that actually happened did it.

Remember there being an item on the show about milk and how we could milk women and possibly even men and one of them drank a small glass of 'Man Milk'.

So at around the same time comedy duo Lee and Herring did a spoof version which they titled appropriately enough This Morning with Richard not Judy. I picture one of them dressed up as a woman but I don't think that actually happened did it.

That happened in the intro. The joke being, of course, that one of them is called Richard (Richard Herring) and the other one isn't called Judy (Stewart Lee).

Remember there being an item on the show about milk and how we could milk women and possibly even men and one of them drank a small glass of 'Man Milk'.

It also had someone mouthing the phrase "what the fuck?" in slow motion at 12:30 on a Sunday afternoon. Now that's comedy.

No, but I'm going to see if there's a way to record streamed media as an mp3 to save it for posterity.

There is a way that Adrian can record it from digital radio and then copy it to you.