JohnMcMahon

Worldstorm

I'll be checking out Wildcats, Authority, Midnighter and Deathblow.

Morrison on Authority will be sweet.

of course! Ex Machina has been a fave title of mine since it came out. i mean, BKV and Tony Harris....how can you go wrong? in my opinion its the most consistantly entertaining read out there.

and yea the Boys has been fun so far but im a sucker for over-the-top-Ennis-superhero-bashing. ill be keeping those titles along with Desolation Jones, and Wildcats, Authority and Midnighter are also going to be added.

ive always been a fan of the Wildstorm U, and now with Morrison at the helm of the "big two", its even better!

issue 7 is solicited for Oct 18th, although sadly it wont be J.H. Williams III on art duties. i think it may be a different artist for each 6 issue arc, although im sure i read an interview with Ellis saying Williams wanted to stay on board for the whole run. either way im still getting it.

It's my main man Danijel Zezelj on art chores. Not sure for how long though.

I'll stick with Desolation Jones and The Boys also.

I've never been a huge fan of any Wildstorm Universe stuff (Ellis' Authority run aside), but I'll probably check out most of the new stuff via the magic of online piracy, and picking them up in trade if I like 'em.

I'm a hardcore, old-school, Wildstorm freak.

I have (quite literally) boxes stuffed full of old WS comics, being so far unable to toss them out. The entire Team 7 concept was gold and offered a strong foundation on which some pretty good stuff was built..at least in my nostalgia drenched mind.

I'm in for all of the new stuff, though I fear the artists involved (and the fact that the writer seems to be scripting a dozen monthly books right now) will lead to shit shipping schedules.

I'm a hardcore, old-school, Wildstorm freak.

repreZENT! and here i thought i was the only one......I think im going to whip out my Grifter costume for this years halloween in celebration of the triumphant return of the 'Cats. as far as shipping goes i think it will help having the big two titles on a bimonthly schedule.

Guest spiderlegs

I am rather new to the Wildstorm universe (3 or 4 years). I was endoctrinated by Ellis' STORMWATCH, then the finer world of THE AUTHORITY. I read more WIldstorm currently than VERTIGO which was what I was reading as a late 20s adult just getting into comics. Still not a huge fan of superheroes, but the WILDSTORM heroes are fuck-ups--excessive powerful demigods rationalizing (justifying?) their strengths to destroy evil villains who would destroy or enslave the earth.

Wildcats pushed back to the 18th of October!

Hopefully this is more down to them wanting to get three or four issues in the bag rather than a delay on putting the very first issue together.

Didn't Wildstorm have some Star Trek books out a few years ago? I'm pretty sure they did, and that I have some of them around here - somewhere....

Wildcats pushed back to the 18th of October!

Hopefully this is more down to them wanting to get three or four issues in the bag rather than a delay on putting the very first issue together.

Hopefully, aye. Given who's involved...probably, no. :(

Guest spiderlegs

Those darned 'best laid plans' again...'gainin' aft aglay' like there's 'aglay to be gainin' aft!'

Isnt the Authority going to be Bi-monthly and WildCats going to be regular monthly.

No. They're supposed to switch off, each being bi-monthly.

WildCATs in Sept. (umm...Nope. Nevermind.)

Authority in October.

WildCATs in November. (umm....Maybe....?)

Authority in December.

etc.

Is Authority #1 still scheduled for October or is that now pushed back a month too?

No word on the Authority being shifted back so hopefully it's still on track.

Speaking on his Blog, Whilce said that the rest of the original crew should be appearing before the end of the opening 10-issue arc. Jester baby, fuck yeah!

I am very excited about this stuff. I love the Wildstorm U. Its my favorite superhero stuff (except DD). And with the writers they have on tap this should be awesome.

I heard Wetworks sucked though.

(Sleeper is a fantastic book btw. Anyone who likes wildstorm but hasn't read this needs too.)