JohnMcMahon

Worldstorm

This is defently going on my pull list. A long with Authority.

Those pages do nothing for me. Just looks like bog-standard superheroing to me, but even more garish than usual.

Bit confused about the timeline. What's this worldstorm thing? Is it anything to do with resetting the Wildstorm universe?

What's this worldstorm thing? Is it anything to do with resetting the Wildstorm universe?

I believe so, yes.

By the end of the Armageddon series, Captain Atom (from the DCU) had wiped out half the WSU characters. Void (from the Wildcats) then showed up and basically reset the WSU. Worldstorm #1 is out this week, presumably that'll shed a little more light on exactly what happened.

Just looks like bog-standard superheroing to me, but even more garish than usual.

That's a dead-on description of the original WSU and why those pages appeal to me.

Ah, right. I'll stick to my brown Vertigo nonsense then.

Did he actually outright kill a bunch of Wildstorm heroes, then? Sounds a bit hardcore for a DCU boy.

Those pages do nothing for me. Just looks like bog-standard superheroing to me, but even more garish than usual.

Bit confused about the timeline. What's this worldstorm thing? Is it anything to do with resetting the Wildstorm universe?

Bollocks!

WILDCATS: WORLDSTORM #2

Written by Grant Morrison; Art and Cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams; Variant cover A by Erik Larsen; Variant cover B by Jim Lee

A deadly super-villain escapes from a prison space station — by leaping to Earth.

The Wildcats must use all their cunning, strength and brains in order to capture him and

still maintain their covert status quo. All goes according to plan, except for one little hiccup — he kills them all on live television!

How is THAT "standard Superheroing"? It's the 2nd issue and he kills me off..on LIVE TV.

Did he actually outright kill a bunch of Wildstorm heroes, then? Sounds a bit hardcore for a DCU boy.

Yep, most of The Authority, for starters but then given that the whole thing was just a set-up for a reboot of the core universe, it wasn't really a ballsy move at all.

If memory serves, the original Wildcats #1 started with Emp as a down-and-out drunk, so some parallels there with Grifter's current situation.

I just meant that it sounded out of character for DCU good guy Captain Atom, but then I don't know much about him, so maybe he's a killer after all.

Does this mean Captain Atom is tougher than everyone on the WU?

Oops, I've only skimmed the issues my brother downloaded, if memory serves he (Atom) wake up in the WSU and gets attacked by everyone in sight, so he returns the favour and pretty much stomps everyone in his path.

Bad news, John; it seems that the spazzy dayglo pages were a cock-up on someone's part. Going back to Newsarama will get you the corrected versions.

WildCATs #1-Well, this wasn't good at all. A lot of action, but it read like the original WildCATs comic. No hint of Grant Morrison's unique style. It's a relaunch of the series starting with #1, but they expect you to have a working knowledge of who all the characters are. I've never liked the WildCATs....and I don't think I'll keep buying this series either.

Authority #1-Much better! It was written Warren Ellis style, so nothing seemed to happen in the first issue, but it got me interested in the plot. I want to come back to see what's going to happen, and it seems much more cosmic (ala Morrison) than WildCATs. I'll be back for issue #2.

Well, I got both WildCATs and Authority also, and I didn't quite enjoy both of them really. It seemed nothing at all happened in Authority, and I didn't care for anything that was going on and I don't feel like picking up issue 2, but something tells me to anyway, just to check out how it progresses. I was looking more forward to Authority out of the two, too...

WildCATs, as I said earlier, I didn't really enjoy much either, but I felt it established much much more. We actually know what might go on and all that. I'm willing to pick this book out next issue, much eagerly than Authority.

Did you read WildCATs before, Balt?

I've read Alan Moore's run, and didn't even enjoy that....and I really have no idea who most of the characters are.

I was completely lost. I felt like I needed to know these characters and their past to comprehend the story.

Did you feel this way?

The guy....the alcoholic from the beginning of the story?....I get the feeling his plot would have been really touching if I had any idea who he was!

I've just never been a fan of the WildCATs, and this first issue acting as if the reader knew who everyone was just served to alienate me from wanting to give this version of the title a chance.

I was as lost as you, Christian. I have no idea who was who, I couldn't care less for them really. But I feel that this issue at least set up stories to come, but whatever. I wasn't too impressed, but I think this book was only for the fans of the previous books.

Authority's starting off slow but we'll give it some time.

Haven't read Wildcats yet.

Anyone check the last few pages of 100 Bullets #77 for the Deathblow sneak peek? This looks like it will be good.

Guest spiderlegs

So when did the AUTHORITY get killed and how did I miss it? The last thing I read featuring them was REVOLUTIONS. Did something come out after that? I picked up AUTHORITY #1 today. This WORLDSTORM jazz isn't like CIVIL WAR or 52 is it? I don't feel like buying WILDCATS or the WORLDSTORM title to keep up with the goings on. Just want to read Morrison's take on the AUTHORITY.