JohnMcMahon

Security-Man

Security Guard just stopped me coming in the door here, cause I had a Forbidden Planet bag and he wanted to know if the new Doctor Who magazine was in.

Normally said bag would contain suitably high-brow reading, this being the one week when someone asks what's in it and I have to say "Superman and Batman comics".

Normally said bag would contain suitably high-brow reading

This would be what is generally referred to as "a lie", yes?

I've gotten stop by two security guards a few months ago when I was visiting my college, one of those tour things. I think what I had in bag were Ghost Rider, X-Men, Batman, Daredevil, and I think a Spider-Man also. They started conversing over how much they loved comics when they were younger and now seeing me with them, maybe they should start... :huh: It was pretty weird if you were with me.

Does Forbidden Planet sell anything that would be considered 'high-brow reading'?

It doesn't sound like the security guard was a literary snob so I doubt he'd look down on you for reading super-hero comics.

That just makes me wish there were a chain of Forbidden Palnet stores in North America.

It doesn't sound like the security guard was a literary snob so I doubt he'd look down on you for reading super-hero comics.

My post was meant to take the piss out of myself more than him, he's a solid chap who doesn't have a snobby bone in his body.

Does Forbidden Planet sell anything that would be considered 'high-brow reading'?

For those who consider literate, complex and wonderfully written genre fiction/comics as highbrow, yes. Otherwise, no.

I myself am like a pig in shit when I'm in that shop.