Guest spiderlegs

TRANSMETROPOLITAN "Webisode"

Guest spiderlegs

Actually, it was from a project that has already been scrapped. This is the only product of Sony's brief flirtation with the Transmet creative team.

The animation is so-so. I prefere Daricks art an version of Spider though.

Yeah, Darick and Ellis decided against piercings when designing Jerusalem because they made him look too much like King Mob.

I dug it, fun stuff, good bit with the dog - don't think that was in the comic scene that's lifted from but it's very Ellis.

If I remember correctly, the webisodes were going to be made prior to that issue being drawn, so Ellis must've re-used it for the comic.

There's a bit in a different issue where a fat man crushes a dog and Jerusalem cackles "I'm having that for my dinner!" Shame they didn't use that bit of dialogue.

no thank you. Didn't care for the style of animation at all. Transmet would work as an anime if the looks better.

I wonder how or if Transmet would work as a TV show. Hmmm....

Guest spiderlegs
I wonder how or if Transmet would work as a TV show. Hmmm....

On his board, Darick has said that he would like it if Transmet could be made as an HBO-like series, a la Deadwood or The Sopranos so the mature themes and series theme could be maintained concurrently. It would make more sense than a Transmet film.

Man...when you have an artist like Robertson, really stripping down the characters and world he created to almost negative detail feels very "off." The City should look completelt batshit insane at any given moment...and I just didn't feel that here.

And the use of The Doors is unforgiveable. What a hack band.

The Doors were a great band, even if Jim Morrison was a [over-used word].

Let's not start another "hack" discussion thread.

The MUSIC may have been decent. Morrison is fuck-all as ANYTHING.

Just sayin'...in my opinion, definitely an act that doesn't deserve their "legends" status.

i'm with James on this one - Morrison may have been a jerk, but an entertaining one (couldn't stand his poetry, though...)

I'm not a fan of the Doors, at all (not even a little bit, OK) but James is right about the 'hack' thing. Call Morrison a shit poet, call him a [over-used word], call him a self-obsessed arsehole with little or nothing to say, and I'll back you right up. Call him a hack and you lose me, I'm afraid. It doesn't mean anything, and adds nothing to a debate.

The MUSIC may have been decent.  Morrison is fuck-all as ANYTHING.

Just sayin'...in my opinion, definitely an act that doesn't deserve their "legends" status.

I agree wholeheartedly with you here, The Doors are a band that seemed to exist on sheer inertia after their hit parade period passed them by and their songwriting started to descend into nothing more than tired displays of self-indulgence rather than anything that could be deemed as avant garde, if anything i would be more inclined to put the Velvet Underground far above them where experimentation in music was concerned, give me anything on their White Light White Heat album or their eponymous album anyday over anything on their Soft Parade, Morrison Hotel,

and Strange Days albums anyday.

Its probably best to call Jim Morrison a "wasted talent" because it was evident the talent was there, he had a strong and characteristic singing voice, he could write poetic lyrics and had a great deal of stage presence but i think as his career went on, the music got more and more desperately bad with the band trying to paper over the cracks with needless horn sections and 6 minute keyboard solos and what not.

I think The Doors could've become a great band or could've been a great band but we'll never know anymore and i think Jim Morrison certainly doesn't deserve the iconic status thats been bestowed upon his name over 30 odd years.

One person i can never understand who gained this same iconoclastic status as Jim Morrison achieved was Sid Vicious, he was a guy who possessed absolutely zero talent but his looks were what made him an iconic image for the punk rock age.

As a Sex Pistols fan, its always angered me whenever i have mentioned the Sex Pistols as being my all-time favourite band, the first thing a lot of people have said to me is "oh thats the band that Sid Vicious was the singer of isn't it?" :icon_rolleyes::angry::mad:

If you're a medicore musician, just be sure to die relatively early, and you'll be enshrined for all eternity as some kind of bastion of "how good it was," no matter how poor you actually were at what you did.

I don't know what other's perception of "hack" is, but to me, someone passing off middle school-level poetry at best as the diatribe of some new blues-powered sexual revolution is more than "hacky" enough for my liking.

I'll give him he looked good in a pair of leather pants. And Oliver Stone made a GREAT film about him. Other than that...meh.

I heard about these Transmetropolitan webisodes that supposedly featured Patrick Stewart doing the voice for Spider Jerusalem, did these ever happen?

I can't imagine the man who provides the voice for Picard and Professor X doing the voice for someone as manic and foul-mouthed as Spider Jerusalem, mind you would be a good bit of casting if they ever bothered to adapt Transmetropolitan into a TV series.

There ya go Spidery one, i steered the thread back to its rightful place, happy now?

Guest spiderlegs

:D

Yes, he was very much into doing these webisodes, and for playing Spider in the film/TV series if they ever came about. But Sony didn't offer the creators jackshit, so Warren and Darick said fuck off, and this webisode is all that came from that flirtation. In all, Warren and Darick have been approached 5 times to various degrees about either a film or cable TV series but to no avail. It seems Transmet shall forever remain as a comic book masterpiece. Seeing what they did to Hellblazer, I hope it does just remain a comic book masterpiece...I couldn't bear Spider Jerusalem getting the Constantine treatment. Would that be called Constantine-pation?