Suicide_king

Annihilation (Spoilers)

I looked through the first 4 pages of posts and couldn't find a topic about this awesome event. Am I the only one reading this?

I got the third issue today. It was very cool. It reads like a good sci/fi war movie.

I really like the characterization of pretty much everyone in the book and now it looks like we are gonna get at least a Reed Richards guest spot if not more. Nova and Peter Quill mentioned the Avengers as well.

Speaking of Peter Quill, anyone know anything about the Starlord? I had never heard of him before this.

I looked through the first 4 pages of posts and couldn't find a topic about this awesome event. Am I the only one reading this?

I got the third issue today. It was very cool. It reads like a good sci/fi war movie.

I really like the characterization of pretty much everyone in the book and now it looks like we are gonna get at least a Reed Richards guest spot if not more. Nova and Peter Quill mentioned the Avengers as well.

Speaking of Peter Quill, anyone know anything about the Starlord? I had never heard of him before this.

He's never really been a big wheel, I don't think. Wonderful character, but he's only ever been in a few series (and I mean back ups and bits and pieces in anthologies rather than minis) and I think he was replaced by another Starlord in the early '90s. I could be wrong about the latter, though.

Am I the only one reading this?

Quite probably, I'm open to convincing though and your enthusiasm does add to the appeal.

The preview pages on Milehigh have been almost as dark as the art in Moon Knight, which is a shame cause as much as I like the colour black, it really doesn't do much for me in terms of storytelling.

^heh

It's sort of overshadowed, seeing as how Marvel decided to run a big cross-over event with lesser heroes at the same time there's a mega company cross-over event going on.

It's not a bad idea for Marvel to relaunch and reorganize their cosmic heroes (ala what DC has been doing with the different genres of their superheroes), which seems to be the purpose of this event. It's just bad timing.

I'm not reading it, but I've always like Annihilus, and I thought it was cool that Marvel finally decided to make him into a bad-ass villain, who's a major threat.

^heh

It's sort of overshadowed, seeing as how Marvel decided to run a big cross-over event with lesser heroes at the same time there's a mega company cross-over event going on.

It's not a bad idea for Marvel to relaunch and reorganize their cosmic heroes (ala what DC has been doing with the different genres of their superheroes), which seems to be the purpose of this event. It's just bad timing.

I'm not reading it, but I've always like Annihilus, and I thought it was cool that Marvel finally decided to make him into a bad-ass villain, who's a major threat.

Funny thing about that is I have way more interest in this then Civil War. From the reviews coming out about Civil War it sounds like I backed the right horse too. Plus, how are Galactus, Thanos, and Silver Surfer lesser than anyone?

Yeah, those guys are pretty popular, although not in the level of Spider Man or Wolverine....but people like Nova, Super Skrull, and Ronan....

Anyway, from my reading on the X-Axis, it seems that this cross-over is far better than Civil War. It just doesn't have the impact of the company wide cross-over.

Eh, it's why books like Hellblazer sell low numbers while books like X-Men are top sellers.

Eh, it's why books like Hellblazer sell low numbers while books like X-Men are top sellers.

you said it! ive only read the first half of the mini series leading up to Annihilation so i cant really say much about the series as a whole, but it was certainly more captivating than any of the other crossovers the big two have put out recently.

Good show on starting a thread about it.

I love it, SK, only read #2 of course. The minis were all great and when they get traded, you folk should check them out. I can't believe Keith did such a great job gelling the minis into the awesome battle team that is currently getting their asses kicked.

I remember a blue covered magazine, oversize, from Marvel way back, Marvel Adventures I think. It had Starlord on the cover, blue background and him in a goofy blue suit, Keith ditched said suit. I was young so I don't remember the story. I bet I could find a cover shot on wiki...

So...Red Shift and Stardust are dead for sure. And for all intents and purposes Drax should be dead too.

Now Drax has already proved that dead doesn't mean much to him so we should see him back soon.

Speaking of seeing someone back from the dead, Super Skrull is alive. Good. I like him as a character.

Is Annihiliation gonna be the thing that ends Civil War? Quill said that the wave will get to earth in three months tops. They mentioned both the Avengers and the FF in this issue. I would like to see a little bit of a crossover.

The first three issues were awesome. How they can make Ronan a cool character is beyond my meager writing skills.

How do you figure the heralds are dead?

No way is Drax dying off-panel. He knew what he was doing and he is setting up for a major attack on Thanos. It's his raison d'etre, after all. Cammi is a great character.

No way the heralds can survive the Galactus blast that destroyed the planet.

I agree that Drax won't be dead, but he should be. It will probably end up being a Tyreese in the gym thing from Walking Dead.

Drax stole the show. What a badass. The action scenes as he approached the flagship, slicing and dicing the queen bitches, fantastic.

Thanos saw Death. Isn't she a little too Gaiman all of a sudden? Can they just do that? Regardless, he saw her, and he said

Spoilers

I KNOW

so I figure he has a plan, this is all part of his plan. As I told you in person the other night, the only person who can shut off the Galactus Bomb is Thanos, so he cannot be dead. Or at least not stay dead.

You know, Thanos and Death had quite a thing going for a while there. Hot couple. Hot. Thanos wanted to sacrifice the entire universe for her. Now, that's love!

She used to be a sekeleton with a purple robe, now she is a Gaiman rip off!

Mind you, she spent a while* as a cute purple haired honeypie in a leather catsuit back in the early '80s, did she not?

*(The last two or three issues of the godawful Claremount run on Man Thing)

There was an issue of Micronauts with the Man Thing and it was one of the first comcis I ever ownded. THAT must be why I haven't hated the Man Thing all these years (that being because I was a clueless child ignorant of comic book quality).

Hate the Man Thing? Heaven forbid!

I love the Man Thing!

Steve Gerber's Man Thing is one of the best comics ever written, in my opinion. It was far ahead of its time and helped open the door for the mature readers comics of the mid-80s.

The J.M. DeMatteis series from the 90s wasn't bad at all either. It just started to get really good when it was cancelled, mid-story-line.....