Sign in to follow this  
Balthazar

Hellboy Cartoon

I thought it was great fun. What do you think? I'd be surprised if you missed it, JMac!

It had the same voice actors from the live action film and I hear Mignola wrote it also.

HAHA! Guys, I only found out about it maybe an hour or so before it even started.... :lol:

. . .

Forgive me? :icon_cry:

Wait... so you mean that there is this thing called TV, and on it they have pictures that move and talk?

Sorcery!

is it a movie or an animated series?

Even though I missed the first 25 minutes, I still enjoyed the hell out of it.

Not quite everyone from the movie was doing the voices. Doug Jones, who played Abe while David Hyde Pierce did vocals, did the voice for the animated movie. Glad Ron Perlman is voicing Hellboy. Anyone else would be a crime.

Good ol' fashion fun adventure with monsters and demons. I like that Abe was used much more here than he was in the movie.

cool.I hope some channel here in argentina will buy the rights soon

Waitafuckingsecond.

No one informed me of a Hellboy cartoon on TV? It exists and No One informed me? Why the hell do I watch the news everyday? They don't say the news that interest me!!!

Links.

Now.

Oh crap, I'll check it myself...

Guest spiderlegs

:ohmy::laugh:

That torrent don't work... :angry:

But then, I had forgotten to look recently, and hello! It's everywhere...

hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/2454179/Hellboy_-_Sword_Of_Storms.part1.rar

hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/2455546/Hellboy_-_Sword_Of_Storms.part2.rar

hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/2460090/Hellboy_-_Sword_Of_Storms.part3.rar

hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/2461980/Hellboy_-_Sword_Of_Storms.part4.rar

hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/2468888/Hellboy_-_Sword_Of_Storms.part5.rar

hxxp://rapidshare.com/files/2469413/Hellboy_-_Sword_Of_Storms.part6.rar

or

(I downloaded the one below, but the soundtrack is Russian. I'll leave it for the mad Serb, though, but you English speaking [over-used word]s will want to load the first one above )

hxxp://www.filefactory.com/file/1d8ae2/

hxxp://www.filefactory.com/file/796877/

hxxp://www.filefactory.com/file/eb8ca4/

hxxp://www.filefactory.com/file/668566/

hxxp://www.filefactory.com/file/b55bff/

hxxp://www.filefactory.com/file/61afb1/

hxxp://www.filefactory.com/file/67b987/

hxxp://www.filefactory.com/file/23b624/

Guest spiderlegs

23 minutes in and I'm not too impressed, Balthy. I will get back to you when it's done.

Guest spiderlegs

I was let down. It was cliche HELLBOY fights the big monster and saves the day. But I liked the spiritual quest he took through ancient Japan. And I've read each of those shorts (the floating heads, the mam spider, etc.). I think they made too much of a romantic moment betweemn Abe and Sara which seemed silly--so, she's teasing all the boys in the FBI, then? So, I guess the journey was more enjoyable than the destination--a formula HELLBOY tale in a very lovely and interesting setting which almost distracts you from the "oh, yeah--HELLBOY fight big monster. Raaaaah!" with all the requisite one-liners. I didn't care for the generic "Justice League" style animation, either. WHy didn't they go for Mignola's original look? It would have been kind of cool.

2.5 out of 5 stars.

I was let down. It was cliche HELLBOY fights the big monster and saves the day. But I liked the spiritual quest he took through ancient Japan. And I've read each of those shorts (the floating heads, the mam spider, etc.). I think they made too much of a romantic moment betweemn Abe and Sara which seemed silly--so, she's teasing all the boys in the FBI, then? So, I guess the journey was more enjoyable than the destination--a formula HELLBOY tale in a very lovely and interesting setting which almost distracts you from the "oh, yeah--HELLBOY fight big monster. Raaaaah!" with all the requisite one-liners. I didn't care for the generic "Justice League" style animation, either. WHy didn't they go for Mignola's original look? It would have been kind of cool.

2.5 out of 5 stars.

I think you pretty much hit it on the head, dragged it back to your cave, and had anal sex with it.

eBay, for whatever "it" is!

But seriously.... I thought the animation style was awful. After seeing the animated version of The Amazing Screw-On Head I figured we'd get more Mignola-styled goodness. Hellboy: SoS however, didn't even have "generic Justice League" style animation, it had total shit animation.

Same complaints as Spider with regard to the plotting, Liz's (Sara's?) interactions, her look, and all the plot holes, etc.

Same praises as Spider as well--- I liked the journey through the Japanese Netherworld and a few other things.

2/5

Nevertheless, thanks again to El Jefe for supplying me with a copy.

Tangentally, I watched the Hellboy film last night and I still think it's one of the better comic book films--- not that that's saying much. It was enjoyable and Perlman made a perfect Hellboy. I'm looking forward to the sequel, especially since Del Toro's grown as a filmmaker by leaps and bounds since he made the first installment.

Guest spiderlegs

Check out Del Toro's "The Devil's Backbone"--an AMAZING film that shows his love of comics early on in his career.

Hmmm...this will be out on DVD soon. Your reviews are less than inspirational. Maybe I'll rent it.

Oh and I agree with Trace that Hellboy was one of the best comic flicks to come out.

Do the K brothers spend so much time battling that they don't talk to each other? I don't think you're going to need to rent it, Lou.