The More Or Less Likely Poll For December 2004

23 members have voted

1. 1. The More Or Less Likely Poll For December 2004

• I am getting more likely to see this film
    • I am getting less likely to see this film
    • I was going to see this film and still am
    • I wasn't going to see this film and still amn't
    • I am Tom, you know the score

Constantine is looking more and more likely to be lumbered with a PG13 rating.

The first rake of reviews for the finished product have started to trickle in, with a recurring theme being the audience's lack of sympathy for Movie Constantine to the degree that most seem to view him as an unlikeable asshole.

I've voted "not going to bother," since I won't unless I can get it downloaded off the net or watch it on the telly or something. I wasn't happy with the script and the post-prod reshoots just make it sound worse.

Guest spiderlegs

I put less likely, since last month I thought I might. After reading some of the reviews and spoilers, I'll need free passes. It's as simple as that. I must be bribed into seeing the flick. (That's a hint for the WB shills out there...)

Guest spiderlegs

One of our local comic stores usually gets free passes to everything. They even had them for Spider-Man 2 which was unheard of. The problem with the free passes they get is that they are usually for some theater in the suburbs, and we live downtown.

i made up my mind - i will do all in my power to score free tickets for opening night, if not - i'll hold on until i can download a DVD rip. no penny of mine will stimulate the possible sequel...

Have to admit that, under normal circumstances, the word on Movie Constanine being considered an unlikeable protagonist would have had me intrigued, but then from what I've read he actually is an unlikeable sod.

I'm looking forward to seeing this new trailer, it should (finally) reveal the movie's rating and give us a proper idea of how they're going to market the thing.

One of our local comic stores usually gets free passes to everything.

I hope mine has them to give out! Al (the owner) knows I'm a big Hellblazer fan, so he may keep one for me if he gets any. I definitely want to see this in a theater but don't want to reward WB for making it with my precious cash.

Do you think WB will be more loose with the free passes if they are afraid Constantine will flop?

Guest spiderlegs

I'll work whatever angle I can. Like Rogan said, none of my hard earned greenbacks will pay for this "defamation of a character."

I am going to see this film and believe it will be the best movie I will see this year. I know it will be great because it has Dirty Harry of the occult, a fun and wacky sidekick and a girl in a wet t-shirt. What else could you want? And yet the filmmakers went out of their way to improve on the comic by adding much needed gun play and lots of CGI demons. I hope they do a sequel where John goes up against Blade. I can't wait!

Guest spiderlegs
I know it will be great because it has Dirty Harry of the occult, a fun and wacky sidekick and a girl in a wet t-shirt.  What else could you want?

How much time have ye got?

I know it will be great because it has Dirty Harry of the occult, a fun and wacky sidekick and a girl in a wet t-shirt.   What else could you want?

How much time have ye got?

Apparently too much on my hands...

I'll tell you what else you've got on your hands: THE BLOOD OF THE COMIC YOU MURDERED!

See? I can make fun of myself too.

I am going to see this film and believe it will be the best movie I will see this year.  I know it will be great because it has Dirty Harry of the occult, a fun and wacky sidekick and a girl in a wet t-shirt.  What else could you want?  And yet the filmmakers went out of their way to improve on the comic by adding much needed gun play and lots of CGI demons.  I hope they do a sequel where John goes up against Blade.  I can't wait!

This reads like anti-Constantine sarcasm. :p

I know it will be great because it has Dirty Harry of the occult

dirtyjohn.jpg

God, that's a sexy pic. Anyway of course I'm going to see it. And I'll take all of my friends with me so that all the Hellblazer fans here that will download it will be covered. Different question: Do you guys think this movie is going to be a succes ( as in: will it make lotsa money)?

Do you guys think this movie is going to be a succes ( as in: will it make lotsa money)?

Yep.

I hope John is right although I think it will be a crap shoot -- I will say that Keanu's

stock is rising on HSX and the Constantine stock is holding steady or going up slightly -- and the buzz seems to be positive for the most part --

I am with Shanice though -- I will see it -- but you will all be there nibbling at my ears as I watch -- ;)

The only strike I see against it making money comes from the comparisons to The Matrix - I didn't see them in the script or in any of the footage so far, at least not outside of Constantine's wardrobe (which was ill-advised for that very reason).

I will say that Keanu's

stock is rising on HSX and the Constantine stock is holding steady or going up slightly -- and the buzz seems to be positive for the most part --

HSX?