JohnMcMahon

Fuckbiscuitshitangels (Warren Ellis)

JohnMcMahon    589

While he does have something of a track record I do think that sales killed certain projects - the artists on both Fell and Desolation Jones were 'names' and I don't recall either title burning up the sales charts.  Really should've finished the second Desolation Jones story arc though!

Hey, maybe he could bring back Doktor Sle-

dogpoet    490
11 hours ago, JohnMcMahon said:

the artists on both Fell and Desolation Jones were 'names' and I don't recall either title burning up the sales charts. 

That's true. Did either name own any of the intellectual property or could they have been replaced, though?

JohnMcMahon    589

I'd have to go back and check but he tends to write for the artist so I doubt he'd be interested in continuing either project without Templesmith or Zezelj.  I'm not saying he didn't lose interest, just giving him the benefit of the doubt. 

Christian    789

Huh. I did not remember that Desolation Jones switched artists between story-arcs. I thought Williams was on art for the eight issues.

So, that probably answers the question of whether the artist owned any rights to Desolation Jones, as there was already a switch in artists. I wonder if Ellis was intending to switch between Williams and Zezelj with each story-arc, or if he intended to use a different artist for each story-arc.

JasonT    454

I wonder if he intended to use a different decade for every 8 issues.

JohnMcMahon    589

That does sound like something he'd do, he posted an image of Backlash from an upcoming issue of Wild Storm which is cool - I still have mad love for all the Team 7 crew.

Oh and Shipwrecked #6 is officially out.

dogpoet    490

It's no longer an upcoming issue, it's the current one. Lynch is in it as well.

Christian    789

I had just about zero memory of Shipwreck's plot, so I couldn't tell if #6 made a proper ending or not. I'll have to re-read the entire series at some point, but I'm not that driven to do so for the nonce. I liked the series when it started, but those long delays really killed the book's momentum for me.