JohnMcMahon

Fuckbiscuitshitangels (Warren Ellis)

I took that Midnighter/Apollo tease to be just that, a tease.  Everyone's expecting them to show up eventually, but since this is the only walk-on appearance they've made I don't think we're going to see them again.  Granted, they've not been seen in the DCU since around the time Rebirth happened, so who knows.  I also haven't read the newest issue of The Wild Storm yet, so they could be on every god damned page and I just don't know it yet, lol.  

They did have an appearance even shorter than the previous issue (one panel, no words), and the implication there is that they were created by Bendix

Something else that's identical to Ellis' run on Stormwatch/The Authority, then?

What a surprise. ?

The last issue of The Wild Storm definitely gives the impression that Ellis will be hurtling to the finish line with all the endgame threads he's setting up, and I'm guessing a lot's going to happen in these last six issues.

I have a feeling that Ellis will have Apollo and Midnighter make some grand, bloody entrance at some point in those six. Wonder how closely they'll resemble the original counterparts, given the adjustments the other Authority members got in this series and that the mainline DCU versions ended up pretty close to the original Wildstorm versions last time they were seen?

(maybe Ellis will have turned them black and called it a day)

Can you point out the one glaring thing that is socially unacceptable about this above post?

That's right. No one is going to admit to Antony Johnston being one of their favourite writers.

And yet, two of them have successful films with their female comicbook protagonists and one hasn't.

There are, I expect, quite a few folks who know the crossover between these three writers who are amused by it.