JohnMcMahon

Fuckbiscuitshitangels (Warren Ellis)

The solicitations for #13 claim that it will have the League fighting against demons coming out of a gate from hell. So yeah, I guess I won't be getting this after all.

Fell, on the other hand, sounds like it's gonna be pretty great (even if it is only 17 pages per issue, and it's from Image).

So long as he can keep up the quality on Desolation Jones and the remainder of Planetary, I'll be satisfied.

I quite liked it - as always, he overplays a couple of scenes and turns a two panel job into two pages but otherwise pretty good.

Three seemingly unrelated plot threads are laid out -

Louis & Clerk investigating a rash of suicides at Lex Corp. There's a funny sequence involving the aforementioned and Perry White, though Perry talking like Royce from Transmet is a little annoying.

Batman hunts for a killer armed with some kind of new military tech (hey, it's Ellis!)

Wonderwoman is greeting some new arrivals on Paradise Island when a chunk of it blows up.

My car broke down on the way to the comic store yesterday. So I went today and they were out of JLA CLassified #10.

:icon_evil: :mad::sad:

I picked it up yesterday and thought it was pretty good for the first part of a 6-part story.

I love the idea of Lois and Clark as Hepburn and Tracy, but the idea of a six-part story which "takes the time to introduce all the characters" as though we've never met them before sets my crazy-ass-decompression-sense a-tinglin'.
Damn I hope you're sense is off on this one because now I'm kinda committed to it I'm hoping it doesn't turn out that way.

I haven't dropped Iron Man yet but I might as others have said it certainly isn't a Planetary whose crazy ass schedule I feel actually adds to its appeal somewhat as each new issue feels like an event.

It was ok arc. But didnt like how he had Perry white acting like Royce. Thought some of it was ok. And we know this will get out on time, Ellis has had this story lying around since 2003.

After this arc I hear Gail simone has a story and then Maybe Garth Ennis has a Hitman story next.

Damn I hope you're sense is off on this one because now I'm kinda committed to it I'm hoping it doesn't turn out that way.

So do I, 'cos as JMac said, Ellis' Justice League Unlimited script was rather ace, so it's not like he can't write a good JLA story. If I'm hearing good things about this after the first two issues or so I'll probably end up picking it up, but for now I'm holding off.

What's this "Section 8" you speak of?

A pack of freaks who ran around in the background of Hitman, members included Dog Welder (welds dogs to his enemies) and Bueno Excellente (who fights crime with the power of pervertsion). Used well in Hitman but not the kind of guys I'd like to see pushed to the foreground for more than an issue or two.

What's this "Section 8" you speak of?

A pack of freaks who ran around in the background of Hitman, members included Dog Welder (welds dogs to his enemies) and Bueno Excellente (who fights crime with the power of pervertsion). Used well in Hitman but not the kind of guys I'd like to see pushed to the foreground for more than an issue or two.

Their only good if used by Ennis.

Dog Weilder, Six Pack, Friendly Fire, Beuno Excellente, The french dude with the stick, Shakes, and I think some other guy.

Classic moment of them facing off against the mob, and Dog Weilder puting a dog to a guys face. Comedy at it's best.

:lol:

Man, the more I hear about "Hitman", the more I think I need to give it another chance. I read some of the early issues and a few other issues, and it always left me cold. I need to find a cheap lot of back-issues and just read through some story-lines and see if it reads any better to me, because it sounds really good. I must've just been reading the boring issues or something!

It gets better and better has it goes. Tho a lot of the cameo by Super hero's is kind Ennisized. Green Lantern, Batman, Superman, Catwoman, Wonder Woman.

[ Spoiler :

another classic moment is when Tommy and his pal run into Catwoman. Tommy turns to his friend and replies with "You know, it's time's like these I wish I had X-ray vision." then his friends says "Yeah I know." then tommy makes a face like  8-)  :p  and his friend has a mad look on his face, then Tommy replies with "I'll tell you this though, I would crawl across a room full of broken coke bottles just to lick her bath tub clean." Or when he tried out for the Justice League.

]

I was rollin when Tommy put up that cat to call catwoman. And yeah that Giant cheeseburger thing was funny.

"KillthechickensandKillthechickensandKillthechickensandKillthechickensandKil

lthechickensand!"

The new Millarworld magazine (which is currently down) has an interview with Garth Ennis, he confirms a four issue 'lost' Hitman story will be appearing in JLA:C.

"KillthechickensandKillthechickensandKillthechickensandKillthechickensandKil

lthechickensand!"

The new Millarworld magazine (which is currently down) has an interview with Garth Ennis, he confirms a four issue 'lost' Hitman story will be appearing in JLA:C.

to be fair, I'd be more excited if he'd announce that DC is finally collecting the rest of the series in trades. bastards.

I'm hoping one thing might spur the other, it's such a fun little book, I'd love to have it sitting on the shelf (instead of Preacher, which is 50/50 on the great/shit scale with me).

Rockin' good news!

Hitman was constantly good, If you dismiss the characters besides Tommy and his crew of hooligans, Acting a bit OOC. But that's just it. I loved Hitman, and still need to finish it, but I'm missing 13 issues and then I need to get all the Preacher trades.

and then I need to get all the Preacher trades.

Nah, only the first 25 issues or so are worth a shit.

I have the first trade. Thought it was ok. Was a bit WAAAAY over the top at some points.

That Sherif guy actually fucking himself. And thought it had a few plot holes. Like the Saint of all Killers bullet not killing Cassidy but killing everybody else he shot's at.

What Lou said, and don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise. Preacher goes south in a truly depressing way after about the third trade, and given how good the first volume is, that's a real shame.

What Lou said, and don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise. Preacher goes south in a truly depressing way after about the third trade, and given how good the first volume is, that's a real shame.

Hey hey....Preacher doesn't completely suck after the 3rd trade. War in the Sun has some good stuff, as does Dixie fried. Salvation is ok when its not over the top. Overall, I loved the entire run (though I agree that the ending was WEEEEAAAAKKKKK)

You can skip vol 4 (Ancient History) completely. I mean that literally. You won't miss any of the story, as it collected the one-shots and mini-series, and they were shit.