JohnMcMahon

Fuckbiscuitshitangels (Warren Ellis)

I wonder what a Garth Ennis thread would morph into? A Gail Simone topic? A Grant Morrison Thread, a Alan Moore topic? Who knows?

In reality The Shadow is Lamont Braxton, fancy man about town.

Preacher really started to fall apart during Salvation - the inane wish fulfilment for Jesse ripped the guys out of the story, the lameness of the Meatman and the unsatisfying resolution to the Gunther arc helped fuck things up further.

War In The Sun was good mindless fun, "Need more gun".

See? He's crying on the inside, you know.

I was going to grab a couple of panels out of his Hellblazer issue but having just read it again, the last page is too funny to use for negative purposes.

Boy, do i hate Warren Pleece's artwork on HB...

it was somewhat acceptable in Kinetic, though.

In keeping with Matt's post, I broke down Friday and picked up Ultimate Nightmare - in my defence I was badly hung over and suffering through a killer cold.

Anyway, pretty crappy overall but one or two nice little scenes in there - the bit with the creepy long haired, unicorn horned Russian dude was well put together. The Ultimates/X-Men fight was silly though.

Is it definitely a Hitman story featuring Tommy and Natt, or is it just going to be an unused storyline bent until it fits the JLA?

I have the first trade. Thought it was ok. Was a bit WAAAAY over the top at some points.

That Sherif guy actually fucking himself. And thought it had a few plot holes. Like the Saint of all Killers bullet not killing Cassidy but killing everybody else he shot's at.

Cassidy's a vampire, so he's already dead.

Are you sure that's not the sequel to that liberal-hatin', Sean Hannity-lovin' comic that everyone has been posting here lately?

That cover's not just hamfisted, it's fucking MEATfisted.

GAH!

I just read the promo pages, and that was hideous!

"I love tacos."

Apparently he REALLY does, since his pal was out buying them even though they had several huge pizzas to eat already and not protecting them at all from hundreds of poorly drawn bullet holes.

Is it definitely a Hitman story featuring Tommy and Natt, or is it just going to be an unused storyline bent until it fits the JLA?

I have the first trade. Thought it was ok. Was a bit WAAAAY over the top at some points.

That Sherif guy actually fucking himself. And thought it had a few plot holes. Like the Saint of all Killers bullet not killing Cassidy but killing everybody else he shot's at.

[ Spoiler :

Ok then explain this. How was the Saint of all killers able to kill the Devil and acouple of angles? Arent they dead too?

]

Actually, Wolvy has a point with that last one. Especially when you consider what the gun turns out to be capable of in the final issue.

The angels and the devil (as with everyone else he kills) were all alive. Cassidy was not. You cannot kill what does not live, though you can sure as hell punch a hole in its gut.

A better question is where the vampires came from in the first place.

Ennis likes vampires. That's where they come from! :D

"I love tacos."

Apparently he REALLY does, since his pal was out buying them even though they had several huge pizzas to eat already"

:lol:

I really wanted to like this book too, dammit! How "liberal" can it be when a person who has enough pizzas to eat still wants tacos too?!

[ Spoiler :

Ok then explain this. How was the Saint of all killers able to kill the Devil and acouple of angles? Arent they dead too?

]

I always assumed that the Saint's bullet not ending Cassidy's existence was due to the Saint not knowing Cass was a vampire. He shot him wrong. :tongue: