JohnMcMahon

Fuckbiscuitshitangels (Warren Ellis)

Guest spiderlegs

For the most part I dug the entire GF series.

Desolation Jones, wwhile being good and typical Whozza, still took until the end of this issue to kick into something. Whenever I hear Jones' voice in my head, it's totally Kieth Richards.

Second issue of Fell suggests that the format isn't going to be too dissimilar from that of some of my favourite tele programmes - done in one stories that slowly build up into something a little more complex - the reappearance of the nun was a bit of a susrprise, thought he/she was just a throw away joke. Some great little bits in the art - the map scene, again, was fun as was the bit with the tomoato.

"Coming early next year from Avatar: 3 issues, illustrated by Max Fiumara, this cover by Jacen Burrows: zombies."

bg1.jpg

buggering buggering fuck. And no new Iron Man yet either. S'okay, I'm somewhat patient.

I mean, come on...when last we saw Gravel he was

fallen through a tiger trap and had his head and chest impaled by wooden spikes leaving the damsel in distress.

Fell #2 was good stuff. I like the format Ellis is using for this. The method Detective Fell used to determine who to question in the building next to the crime scene was awesome.

One word: tomato :sad:

I just picked up Fell #1 and #2 recently and have been really impressed by it, Templesmith's art irks me a bit sometime but damn the stories are fucking good, i also picked up another thing Warren Ellis did called Frank Ironwine and thought it was dire, wasn't at all enamoured by it.

Finally got round to reading Scars too. I was a bit underwhelmed by it, it was strong riveting stuff for about half the book and then it just pulled out all the usual trite cop thriller movie cliches and a rather predictable anti-climactic ending and then i wondered why Scars received all the favourable critical acclaim it got, a decent story yes but its Warren Ellis on autopilot if you ask me.

Guest spiderlegs

Picked up the first 3 issues of Tokyo Storm Warning for $1 each today. Also picked up IRON MAN 2-3. They had a ton of stuff including the HELLBLAZER: Secret Files for a measley buck. Now that's just good!

I really liked Tokyo Storm Warning. Monsters versus Giant Manga Robots and nothing more. Excellent artwork too.

I thought the exact opposite - rubbish story ("Anyone who likes giant robot stories is a baby!" - you're the one writing spandex, old man) and shit art (couldn't tell what was going on in most of the power armour vs monster stuff).

Bad period for Ellis that - back on track now though, Fell & Desolation Jones are both wicked and Jack Cross is a good artist away from being fun.

Wasn't TSW included in a split trade with Ellis' Red series? The former was pretty "meh," but I quite liked the latter.

Guest spiderlegs

It's very much like Gundam. I read the first 2 and the characters are too cliche for my taste. But for $3, I'll take it on the chin.

I finally fuckin' found a copy of Strange Killings Neuromancer #6!!! Huzzah! :biggrin:

Also scored Robocop #8.

There's a little comic shop by my new house that is good at getting the more adult stuff. My local is good but sometimes he drops the ball on my Avatar titles.

PLANETARY #24

Written by Warren Ellis

Art and cover by John Cassaday

For months Elijah Snow has been pulling back from his fellow Planetary agents, following a personal road map to his own mysterious agenda. Now the curtain will begin to be drawn back and the some of the deepest secrets will at last be revealed…like patterns in a snowflake. And if the last pages of this story don't leave you gasping for breath and begging for more, nothing will!

On sale January 18 o 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

Man....I don't want "Planetary" to end.

Even though it never comes out, just knowing that it's somewhere around, waiting for me, eventually is enough.

I only got in on the fun about 4 issues ago (which was actually 7 years ago now, but regardless). I always come into the best series near the end! I'm like J.M. DeMatteis..... :)

Jack Cross wasn't solicited again this month so that looks like being that then - killed after four issues. There was some potential in there but the art was rubbish, barring one or two script-mandated tricks (x-ray shots and the like).

His new superhero thing at Marvel looks shit!