JohnMcMahon

Fuckbiscuitshitangels (Warren Ellis)

Awww....It is a shame that Planetary is ending with #27....I was expecting it to go a bit longer.

Ah well, at least we know we'll be able to enjoy the thought of Planetary until Feb. or March when the final issue comes out. heh

If Ellis doesn't have the time to really work on Planetary, I guess it's best he ends it before too long.

I kinda liked Jack Cross. It's too bad Ellis won't be doing another 4-parter of it.

I bought Jack Cross too, liked it enough that I pushed it on my friends. A couple of well written convos throughout, but kind of silly with the etching of the skin. Still, I'd be up for another mini.

One of those online internet game things or a myspace type affair with virtual land rights at a guess.

One of those online internet game things or a myspace type affair with virtual land rights at a guess.

In other words, a wankfest.

Anybody pick up the Desolation Jones trade that came out today?

Nope, read the issues as they originally came out though and really enjoyed them, almost on a par with the best of Transmet in terms of characters and world-building. The ending was surprisingly brutal, in a nasty not shit way.

In other news, Nextwave wraps at #12 which is probably for the best, though the joke's still holding steady for me.

I picked up Desolation Jones #7 this week. It was sold out at the store last week and the reorders were in this week.

Well, at least there's one Warren Ellis comic I want to read now that Planetary is gone (one more issue).

The book doesn't really hold my interest. I forget about it between issues and then ponder if it's worth buying, but I enjoy each story I read of the series.

There's an undeniable atmosphere to the series that I greatly enjoy.

Guest spiderlegs

Yeah, it's almost forgettable after you read it but really cool while you read it. Some parts are memorable--the pheramone smelly goth woman was an interesting character.

Desolation Jones is an intriguing character who just hasn't had the right badass story in which to stretch out. Maybe this one will be it..?

And Lou, I know you really dig the artist, but I have a hard time knowing who is who in DJ#7, which I never found to be a problem in the previous 6 issues... :huh:

Oh yeah. I forgot to talk about the artist.

Everything is too dark, I think that's the biggest problem.

I know it's a brooding story, but there's hardly any colour at all, and I think that's why I can't tell who anyone is.

I had the same problem as you, Spider.

But, it seemed to be more a matter of, "Let's turn off all the lights and see if you can figure out who's in the room!", rather than the artist drawing indistinguishable characters.

I had expected it, and yet was still very much underwhelmed by Planetery #26.

A great series needs a great ending too.

Snow's plan really wasn't anywhere as clever as it should have been (I know the whole thing was held together by Dowlings arrogance but still).

Guest spiderlegs

Like sort of implying "ok, time to end this" while answering questions with "here, do you buy this? no? oh well..."

I want to enjoy Warren's projects more than I have been lately. DJones is cool, and PLANETARY rocked for most of its run, but OCEAN sucked to great lengths. Still haven't checked out FELL but Templesmith's art is kind of hit or miss with me. I'm used to Ellis teaming up with artists whose character's faces are unique and consistent (the key) from frame to frame. Other than all the characters looking like the 30 Days vampire and/or supercop(s), I guess it's ok...

Ellis and I are the same age, I recently found out. He's 2 months older than I am. When I met Voltaire, we also were the same age with sons who are the same age, as well. Just a little personal trivia that you might remember if you ever wind up on a "where were they then? or ever?" game show...

When I met Voltaire, we also were the same age with sons who are the same age, as well.

The Oh My Goth chap? I love his stuff.

How come you look like you're in your late 20s/early 30s and Ellis looks like he's 40+?

I wondered this exact same thing....

Comics is a hard business. It ages you.

You start writing comics looking 10 years younger....you're working in the business for a year...next thing you know, people think you look 20 years older...Sad.

I mean look at Neil Gaiman. He looks like a guy in his early 40s now! :lol:

Guest spiderlegs

I have exceptional designer genes... :blink:

It must be why Warren never calls me 'shuffledufflecakes' anymore...oh, we were so in love...until...her! :icon_evil:

:icon_redface:

:lol:

Dogpoet, yes, that's the same Voltaire. I booked him to play here in town last August and was one of the Djs. It was a great show, he's very funny and entertaining. And he was fun to hang out with after the show. I posted a pic of my wife, Voltaire and his ladyfriend in the pics thread a few days later. Someone took a pic of Voltaire and me together but I don't remember who it was...

It just seemed to easy of a fix and pretty anti-climatic

Considering the tight schedule PLANETARY keeps, can't you forgive Ellis just a little bit if he rushes inconsequential plot points like the deaths of the series' major villains to get the issue on the stands in a timely manner?

It just seemed to easy of a fix and pretty anti-climatic

Considering the tight schedule PLANETARY keeps, can't you forgive Ellis just a little bit if he rushes inconsequential plot points like the deaths of the series' major villains to get the issue on the stands in a timely manner?

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: