JohnMcMahon

Fuckbiscuitshitangels (Warren Ellis)

My birthday's on the 13th of November.

Just saying.

Write some superhero comics.

I'd offer you some sort of pseudo-mutilated-chest tribute, but I've sworn off posting naked photos of myself on the interweb for a while.

So, don't go getting your hopes up.

You could scrawl something on your toes and wear a particularly sexy pair of sandals.

Spaghetti straps and high heels?

Guest spiderlegs

Add a little mineral oil and some plastic and you guys are really partying now. This could be a money-making venture should you boys get REALLY daring...banana2.gif

LOL

My girlfriend made me a t-shirt with three panels of the Invisibles, Mob in Volume III, he shows up at a crowd of teenage fan girls, one pops open her top and says she'll do anything he wants. He asks her IQ, she says 120, and he drives off with 'forget it, retard'

Go Team Ellis!

I don't even know what my posts are getting at anymore...

Thanks, James, you're always there to help a brother out. Morrison, not Ellis, wrote the Invisibles! And here I chose kingmob for a handle.

The point was, the link to Ellis site has a similair chick writing Ellis in lipstick all over her bare torso. I am hoping Ellis is cool enough to call her a retard and speed away in his Ferrari. Make better sense?

That's why I said I don't know if my post is even making sense, see. Apparently I still have enough awareness to realise how little awareness I have.

I best take some more DMT afore I get into any real trouble.

Guest spiderlegs
According to Lying In The Gutters, Warren Ellis has some superhero thing coming out from Avatar that'll "Out Boys The Boys".

Is that real? OK, Ellis and Ennis need to grease up just fight. The winner gets the unwholesome deviant joy of pissing in the loser's ear....literally. Which writer's urine would stink the worst?

My girlfriend made me a t-shirt with three panels of the Invisibles, Mob in Volume III, he shows up at a crowd of teenage fan girls, one pops open her top and says she'll do anything he wants. He asks her IQ, she says 120, and he drives off with 'forget it, retard'

That wasn't King Mob it was...erm...I can't recall off-hand but it's from a short story about another character taken from one of the Winter's Edge specials.

Was it Gideon Stargrave with a haircut, maybe ?

Gideon Stargrave is King Mob in that they're both fantasy nom-de-plumes for Gideon Starorzewski (just that one is a little more alive than the other). That story is from one of the Winter's Edges, though. It's supposed to be set after the end of the series, when everyone's uploaded into the supercontext and living in their mad imaginary worlds (which sort of goes against the "all becoming one business, but shhh).

Gideon Stargrave is King Mob in that they're both fantasy nom-de-plumes for Gideon Starorzewski (just that one is a little more alive than the other). That story is from one of the Winter's Edges, though. It's supposed to be set after the end of the series, when everyone's uploaded into the supercontext and living in their mad imaginary worlds (which sort of goes against the "all becoming one business, but shhh).

It's also largely a retread of a prose short story Morrison had in that anthology he published around the turn of the millenium.

It's been kind of a fraught work

week, with one thing and another.

IGNITION CITY's now officially pushed

back from summer, as we can't

find an artist to fit it.

I cracked the last problem with

DOKTOR SLEEPLESS, but, again, I

don't have the faintest idea who's

going to draw that.

DESOLATION JONES is on a short

pause: after talking with Scott

Dunbier, we've decided to try and

push it monthly after all, so there's

going to be a bit of a gap, and then

a monthly march to the arc's

finishing line.

PLANETARY's coda will be done when

it's done -- it's part-written right

now, but it's not a priority while

I'm wrangling some other unrelated

crises that I'm not mentioning here

yet. Work crises, I mean.

I've got a stack of stuff here that

I don't have time to develop, ideas

just screaming at me: that which was

called WINTER but which is now

probably called DEADSPOTS, GUN

ONE, SEVERED...

BLACK SUMMER, which I haven't

really talked about yet, went through

a dramatic format change the other

week that is still eating my brain.

It's going to be a long night. I'll

probably be in and out of the Engine

from 10pm, we should do another

Saturday Night Open Mic there..

I've long suspected that the reason so much of Ellis' output over the last few years has been either [a] ridiculously delayed, utter shit, or [c] a devilish combination of the two, is the simple fact that he's got far too many plates in the air, and his ideas and energy are consequently being stretched far too thinly. Every time he sends out an e-mail like this, I grow more convinced that, for all that he prides himself on being prolific, he'd be far better-advised to pick a reasonable number of books and devote himself to writing them properly - the "try to do everything that takes my fancy, all at once" approach he's been taking recently hasn't been working too well for him, after all (Jack Cross, anyone?). As it stands, his career right now is a shining testament to largely-unfulfilled potential, and as a reader who really likes his work when he's on form, that annoys me.

As it stands, his career right now is a shining testament to largely-unfulfilled potential, and as a reader who really likes his work when he's on form, that annoys me.

Yes! I've always said that Wazza has the potential to be one of the greats, but he gets in his own way. He does to much, and he's too concerned with his image. However, he seems to understand the format in a way that others may not be bothered with.

However, he seems to understand the format in a way that others may not be bothered with.

I really doubt that, jay: even writers who don't appear to give a shit about the medium and its ins and outs have copped enough licks from Alan Moore and Neil Gaiman to be able to do a half decent job of faking it, and given his recent spate of glee over having a couple of proper books without pictures in the pipeline, I'm starting to suspect that Ellis may be one of these sorts himself.

He can stick his Planetary coda up his wrinkled old arse, it'll be done when it's done ? No-one cares any more, so don't bother dude.

Jesus that last issue was such SHIT.

Fell and Desolation Jones are bother really good books but their irregular shipping schedule is buggering them both - Fell's not so bad given its done-in-one nature but he even managed to bungle that one by dropping the back matter in the last issue for Casanova pages instead.

Bah!

Then there's the Engine - there's one or two top threads over there, like the recent one about DC/Vertigo sales - they're easy to spot, normally Warren and the mods aren't posting in them.

Guest spiderlegs

Add me to the long list of those thinking Ellis' plate's too full--by his build, one would suspect this is a recurrent problem in other areas of his life, as well...cheeburga.gif

After perusing yet another "SHOWMETHEMONEY" Millar post over on his forum, I have to at least give old Wozza credit for (the most part) being motivated either by story or desire to fuck with form moreso than the paycheque.

After perusing yet another "SHOWMETHEMONEY" Millar post over on his forum, I have to at least give old Wozza credit for (the most part) being motivated either by story or desire to fuck with form moreso than the paycheque.

Ellis does talk the talk in that regard, but would he still be doing superhero stuff at this point if he was walking the walk as well?

"Less of a mercenary [over-used word] than Mark Millar" is hardly a glowing reccomendation. But yes, at least Ellis shows the occasional glimmering of actual love for the medium, which is more than can be said for his illustrious competitor.