JohnMcMahon

Fuckbiscuitshitangels (Warren Ellis)

Does Jack Cross count?

The thing with Ellis is that his schedule is so erratic that there'll be no way to know whether he's left a series uncompleted until he dies. Which, the way he talks it up, will be next Wednesday.

What makes you so sure about that particular one?

The name alone!

I really like the name Doktor Sleepless... does anyone know what it's about?

I just read the first 4 issues of newuniversal, and I liked it. I think that the decompression may be a little carried away, but not much. Especially when you read the original Star Brand comic, where he gets the power on page 3 and is souring through the clouds on page four. That is what was wrong with the original, BTW. It wasn't that the characters sucked, it was that, for all the posturing on Marvel's part about how this was "The real world, with noo aliens, just a few super powered people, acting like real people", the books (well, what I've read of them,or my recent rereading of the 1st 3 issues of Star Brand) featured characters that did not act like real people, but like exagerations of real people. Oh, and there WAS an alien.

That Justice sort? Wasn't he hastily retconned not to be an alien anymore after the comic had been running for a year or two?

Well, the guy who got the starbrand (Hal Jor...er...I mean Ken Connell) got it from a dying alien (who told him that his lack of fear made him the best one for it). Later in the 1st issue, he was attacked by an alien. (In the original new universe title, not in newuniversal)

Right. I never read any Starbrand (my prior claims to the contrary, I did read a few copies of Justice now I think about it: I may even still have them somewhere, though I hope not). That does saound a bit Green Lantern, true enough.

Perhaps Ellis thinks that leaving stories unfinished is the most important part of Alan Moore's technique to imitate?

The thing with Ellis is that his schedule is so erratic that there'll be no way to know whether he's left a series uncompleted until he dies. Which, the way he talks it up, will be next Wednesday.

From the bird flu.

Guest spiderlegs

I'm too lazy to look, but has anyone else picked up BLACKGAS? I just read #1 this morning--I had forgotten I bought it a few months ago and was like 'hello.' It starts off OK, but looks like it might get bad in a hurry. What sayeth the ring of experts, eh?

Black Gas was OK. Standard zombie stuff except these zombies eat and fuck everything in sight and have somewhat of the base personality elements intact.

Guest spiderlegs

It doesn't seem like a Wazza book to me, though...well, until you read the dialogue supposedly spoken by Americans but in the English style: "Another hour should see us there." Yanks don't speak so keenly. We just point to our wristwatches and shrug.

Eh, I have a thing for cute Asian girls. Maybe that's why I was interested in Black Gas.

It was ok. I think I have multiple copies of the final 2 issues. If so, and if you're still interested in the rest of the title, I'd be more than willing to send them to you.

I'll let you know sometime this weekend.

Guest spiderlegs

Someone changed my spelling. When I posted "Wozza" it was spelt korctlee...

And 39 is not a bad thing, you cheekie pre-schoolers! Look at me... devilgrin.gif

The industry-based threads on the Engine as of late have been really good, Ellis has always been in his element when writing about the actual business of comics. There's a good spread of creators over there too so you get multiple perspectives from different areas of the creative spectrum on whatever the subject at hand happens to be.

Anyone else here have a copy of Come In Alone ?

He's only 39!

He is? I'd assumed from his "I was a goth before you was a goth" routine that he was going to be at least ten years older than that.

Guest spiderlegs
Anyone else here have a copy of Come In Alone ?

The My Bloody Valentine song?