it. You will see why.

DOKTOR SLEEPLESS will be launched

in July.

Stand by for further instruktions.

-- W

---

Sent via mobile device

sent from pub, street or road

how many months before he realises that the work load required for this 'massive backmatter' will be too hard and he gets bored? In like a lion out like a lamb just like planetary.

Fell went a whole one, possibly two, issues before the 'back matter' became a letters page.

I think I said something a few pages back about Sleepless never seeing the light of day and despite the content of the quoted mailer I'm still pretty confident that even if the first issue does ship, there's no way it'll even run twelve issues.

Warren Ellis.

Two names with zero credit when it comes to producing long-form monthly titles.

Stand by for further instruktions

I feel he deserves some grainy webcam shots of my cock for that alone.

Warren Ellis.

Two names with zero credit when it comes to producing long-form monthly titles.

What do you mean? He did Transmet, and...ummm....errr....I'm sure Desolation Jones is going to run forever, and....ehhh....does Planetary count?

Yeah, I'm with you. Based on Ellis' track record, Doktor Sleepless sounds like something he'll be jazzed about for a few months, which will then be placed on the back-burner, eventually to be forgotten about entirely.

I also suspect that it won't be very good, but perhaps that's just a knee-jerk reaction to the ghastly self-parody of the "Future Science Jesus" tagline. I don't actually know much about the series beyond that, and the few vague hints he's given in BAD SIGNAL over the last year.

Whatever happened to APPARAT 2, by the way?

It's become a series of OGNs, Creche is meant to be one of them.

Don't remind me about Desolation Jones, best thing he's done in donkies, shame it seems to have disappeared.

Haven't heard anything about Sleepless outside of the title and the cover posted on LITG last week.

It's become a series of OGNs, Creche is meant to be one of them.

I know it's poor form to point out typos, but the idea of Warren Ellis writing a graphic novel set in a children's daycare centre is just too delicious to ignore. It'd be worth it just to watch him trying to figure out ways to squeeze in the mobile phones and chain-smoking sweary cynicism.

Don't remind me about Desolation Jones, best thing he's done in donkies.

I would've agreed with your until the other day when some months after selling off the singles I got hold of a copy of the trade, it really isn't that good, looks pretty though.

Oddly enough, I reread the trade myself again recently and lurved it even more. The second story arc was a lot more interesting though...all two chapters that we've been graced with anyway.

Desolation Jones was just a handful of noir cliches with some lovely art and typical Ellisisms. I really enjoyed it, but it's really nothing special. I do think they could make a good TV show out of it, though.

Link_ZTP.jpg

Never let it be said that I'm not good to you.

That's true Tom although at the time I thought it was a work of genius (well for the first couple of years worth of it anyway).

It is quite an achievement though to produce two critically acclaimed comic book series of around 60 issues each pretty much simultaneously.

Preacher is overrated.

So are most comics that are any good in the first place: the comparison with huge swathes of shit leads to them getting overpraised.

Preacher is overrated.

So are most comics that are any good in the first place: the comparison with huge swathes of shit leads to them getting overpraised.

I still maintain that preacher is a brilliant story of friendship and betrayal hiding behind a buch of adolescent wankfest.

Preacher is overrated.

I still maintain that preacher is a brilliant story of friendship and betrayal hiding behind a buch of adolescent wankfest.

Preacher was ok. Hitman was 100x better. I felt more for Tommy then I did for anybody in Preacher. Sure Tommy was a prick, and sure he was a killer. But He was a likable guy.