JohnMcMahon

Fuckbiscuitshitangels (Warren Ellis)

And where the fuck is Strange Killings: Necromancer #6 for fuck's sake?!?!?!?!

:icon_evil:

Dont get me wrong, I loved the art. But I mean come on. The way the arc was going, it wasnt really impressing me. So far all i got out of it was.

[ Spoiler : Okay, so Tony invents a new kind of cell phone, meets with a druggie who says drugs are actually technology, then we find the guy at the end of the issue who got stabed with the new Extremis drug, Becoming somebody who justs decides to fuck over the feds and kill mass amounts of people, Tony only suits like like 2 times, once when he's flying around, and another time when He realized that the bad guy is killing people.
]

I mean shit. Warren You could atleast add action, and maybe get to the fucking point. In Captain America brubaker got us straight to the point in #1 and keeps us wanting more, Not to mention gets the book out of time.. Why cant ellis do the same. I dont feel like waiting 8 months for each issue.

Many readers like his work enough not to cancel after the delays (though I can certainly understand anyone who feels like Wolfy does about them)

What'd I say? :blink: I know I'm ranty, but I didn't think I bitched about Warren's lateness. Did I? :biggrin:

Guest spiderlegs

Did anyone participate in the 12 hours to stroke my ego fest? I went over and checked it out right before it "ended." That's a pretty vain conceit as far as an endeavor goes, IMHO.

Had a quick gander, nothing really grabbed my interest - there's an audience for a yearly reunion so I think it's a nice thing for him to do.

In other news, Joe Quesada has laid the blame for the delay in Iron Man on the artist and said that Warren Ellis has a new team book coming out later this year.

I'm quite amused that Ellis did the 12-hour WEF thing, but had no interest in actually taking part. 'Official'-type boards, or those in which creators regularly participate, tend to degenerate into "oh yes, <insert creator's name here>, you really are absolutely right about everything"-fests, and it gets boring pretty fast. Just look at the Bendis board, or John Byrne's forum, or pretty much any of them, really - horrible little nests of sycophancy, on the whole. It's probably a good thing Mike doesn't post here any more - it's interesting to hear his opinions, but he was quite right when he said that his presence would stifle debate.

Brian K Vaughan's forum is actually pretty decent. Thought they dont let you complain about other writers and artists. But still its pretty decent. I think Peter Davids Forum is also decent as well. Greg Rucka's is ok. Though sometimes he tends to go off on people who disagree with him. But he usually apologizes for it later on.

John Byrnes is prolly a little stupid because the guy has a ego the size of europe.

Ultimate Secret #1 - Ultimate Science-TechnoBabble, more like it.

and Ult. Captain Mahr-Vehl is in it. it sucked pretty badly. Nice art, though.

He's clearly half-arsing that Ultimate stuff though I'd love to hear what James would make of the crazy-insano decompression going on in there.

I thought Ocean #5 was dead good - the big future shock reveal was shithouse but expected, loved the closing scenes and am dying for the conclusion.

JLA CLASSIFIED #10

Written by Warren Ellis

Art by Butch Guice

Cover by Michael Stribling

Kicking off the 6-part “New Maps of Hell,” written by Warren Ellis (TRANSMETROPOLITAN, OCEAN) with art by Butch Guice (Ruse, OLYMPUS)! In Metropolis, Lois Lane and Clark Kent investigate a rash of suicides at LexCorp, while Batman tracks an assassin with a deadly weapon in Gotham City. And on Themyscira, Wonder Woman is playing host to newly arrived academics, when a massive explosion hits,destroying the tranquility of Paradise Island.

These three seemingly unrelated events tie together in ways that must be seen to be believed!

On sale July 27

Damn.

I said I was only buying JLC for the Morrison arc, then there was ICBINTJL, so that's another 6 issues. Now there's Ellis doing a 6 parter.............I was so disappointed with Ultimate Nightmare I didn't pick up Ultimate Secret - is it worth picking up JLC?

I'll probably have it.

OK, so I have no objections to 'acclaimed' (read: occasionally write something other than superheroes) writers taking on work specifically to earn money. They have to make a living, after all, and anyone who thinks superhero comics are, or ever have been, about anything more than the bottom line probably hasn't been paying enough attention. David Lapham on Detective? Great stuff - he gets a paycheque and some recognition, we get a top-notch Batman story, some people might check out Stray Bullets who wouldn't otherwise have done so. Ditto Morrison on Superman, Gaiman's 1602 (even though that was poo), and so on. Everyone wins.

But does this quote from Warren Ellis (spotted it on the often frustrating, but intermittently amusing fanboyrampage blog) about his superhero work at Marvel not strike anyone else as quite astonishingly arrogant, childish and unprofessional?

I'm the guy who gets paid many thousands of American pesos to fix up the house and then does a runner before the clapboard drops off and the pipes explode.

Maybe it's just me.

He's compromised his ideals and had to eat his words after years of waffling on he's now writing Iron Man and The Fantastic Four for a living - it's either try to regurgitate the same old "I hate superheroes me" stuff or suck on a shotgun barrell in despair, I reckon.

I've enjoyed a lot of Warren's work over the years, and he still occasionally does some top-notch stuff. I've just had to resign myself to the fact that, as a person, he would appear to be something of an arsehole. Shame, really.

Desolation Jones #1 is due fairly soon, as I recall. As near as I can make out from Ellis' livejournal feed, anyway.