JohnMcMahon

Fuckbiscuitshitangels (Warren Ellis)

Oh yeah, thought the first issue was real weak but credit to him for sticking at something anyway.

More Injection set for the end of the year, guess he's maybe got the bug again!

Read some of Jonathan Hickman's Avengers, a very Warren Ellis take on superheroes with an added layer of complexity thrown in for good measure. Didn't do a whole lot for old me but I reckon that back in the day I'd have gobbled it all up with a knife and fork.

Tweetdeck letting me know every time Ellis favourites something from a random sex worker continues to amuse, keep it up you dirty old man!

Also, read the second Injection trade, it's good - hope he sticks with it, really like the mix of characters.

Ellis? Stick with it?

Reality will break if those concepts are mixed, surely?

:wink2:

Ellis' next project is going to be a science fiction story about a group of people on the internet who discover that for the sake of the stability of the timeline they must find a way to prevent Warren Ellis from finishing his comic projects. The comic will end half-way through an issue when Warren Ellis discovers that the plot is true, and for the sake of billions of lives, he must not finish any comics he is working on. A footnote will start out each new comic series written by Ellis, wherein he explains why this new comic project must never be finished.

On that note, I was relieved to discover that Marvel's Karnak has fallen by the way-side. After explaining that the book was so delayed due to the artist, a new issue soon appeared, only for the book to never be seen again. Damn that luck, Ellis just keeps getting paired with artists who have personal crises which disallow them from meeting a deadline! Hey, four issues in 10 months...that's not too bad for Ellis! Unfortunately, issue #4 will mark the finale of the book, half-way through a story-arc. Such is fate.

• Upvote 2

Ellis? Stick with it?

Reality will break if those concepts are mixed, surely?

:wink2:

I think he got 10 issues out of it so far so that has to be good for him, right?

Either that or (as Christian suggest) he's just ushering in the Dark Gods from ultraspace to gnaw reality back down to the quantum foam...

Ellis' next project is going to be a science fiction story about a group of people on the internet who discover that for the sake of the stability of the timeline they must find a way to prevent Warren Ellis from finishing his comic projects. The comic will end half-way through an issue when Warren Ellis discovers that the plot is true, and for the sake of billions of lives, he must not finish any comics he is working on. A footnote will start out each new comic series written by Ellis, wherein he explains why this new comic project must never be finished.

that is actually a really nice pitch. absolutly insane, but i would buy it.

I mean there's nothing wrong with telling your tale in 6-12 issues, he's said there'll be a third volume of Injection and Trees is into its second year so it looks like he's got some continued interest in exploring those stories.

Has Karnak actually been cancelled mid-run ?

Warren's James Bond comic is still good stuff. It reads like the writer and artist have put a lot of care and skill into it.

Are these new stories, or are they retelling some of the novels?

John-Karnak hasn't been officially canceled, as of yet, but it was on the chopping block come October when Marvel does it's next bi-annual relaunch, and at this point, it doesn't look like we're going to see any more issues released before October. So, it seems to have been de facto canceled by Marvel. There's still a chance we might see more, but October is coming up quickly. There's no chance that Ellis will be able to finish it in time, and Marvel isn't going to continue publishing it after "Marvel NOW NOW" starts.

Thanks, Lou. It's a '50s/60s setting rather than post millennial, then? Could be worth a look.

Ahhhhh not so sure. it's post millennial with a 50s/60s vibe? Hard to describe but it feels like a blend of sorts. I think it's traded.

I think they're relaunching the book. The Ellis run is ending after 12 issues, and then they're relaunching the book with Andy Diggle as writer.

Had the chance to finally check out the Injection trades that are out at my library this weekend. The series picked up for me with the second trade and I'm interested to see where Warren's planning to take all of this.