James

Hellblazer 229

HELLBLAZER #229

HLB_Cv229.jpg

Written by Mike Carey

Art by John Paul Leon

Cover by Lee Bermejo

In this unforgettable one-shot story, Mike Carey and John Paul Leon (THE WINTER MEN) tell a twisted tale of things that aren’t what they seem. Constantine happens upon an argument between twin sisters that turns into a hunt through London for mysterious items to quell the sibling fire. But when a bizarre sickness begins to shadow him, he realizes he’ll need help from some “special” friends to get him out of this terrifying, deadly mess.

On sale February 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • MATURE READERS

Should be good - I liked almost all of Carey's (all-too-few) one-shot stories, so it's nice to get another one.

Ace cover.

I knew Carey would do #229.

So did I, figured it out right after Andy mentioned it in his Q&A thread a few weeks back - pay more attention in class, boy!

That's the most fucked up cover in yonks, so yeah, like James said - A+.

There's me returning after a four or five issue break, there. Ace cover and I'm looking forward to good old dependable Mike's albeit brief return. Like Mark, I enjoyed all his one off stories.

That was Abby Arcane's line when Swamp Thing unveiled his plot to get her pregnant using Constantine's body, iirc.