A. Heathen

Coming Soon

Feel free to add any highlights from the monthly solicitations.

And say what appeals (or not) about them.

Legion of Monsters: Werewolf By Night #1

Written by Mike Carey & Skottie Young; Pencils by Greg Land & Skottie Young; Cover by Greg Land. On sale February 21.

In the first of three high-octane horror comic one-shots, Werewolf by Night returns to the Marvel Universe! This shocking story by X-Men’s Mike Carey and Ultimate Power’s Greg Land (in the comic he’s waited his whole life to draw!) is a powerful, brutally terrifying tale that will redefine Jacob Russel forever! And as if that wasn’t enough - join writer/artist Skottie Young in a no-holds-barred look at the afterlife of the Monster of Frankenstein! It’s an extra-length comic at no extra price, and it’s destined to keep you sleeping with your lights on…till the upcoming Legion of Monsters: Morbius and Legion of Monsters: Man-Thing!

I am very much looking forward to this one.

I was a big fan of Paul Jenkins run with Leo Manco and as long as it steers clear of too much Marvel Universe, it'll be fine. But look !

legion_of_monsters_1.jpg

Pencils by Greg Land

Shame, I might have been interested in this otherwise.

only comic I truly am looking forward in the next couple of months is the Captain Marvel mini series by Jeff "Bone" Smith.

Is that the Marvel Capt. Marvel or the DC Capt. Marvel?

I'm looking forward to the Carey Werewolf by Night book now that I've heard about it. I also greatly enjoyed the Jenkins series.

Too bad this isn't going to be under the MAX imprint.

Any word on who'll be writing the Man-Thing book?

Is that the Marvel Capt. Marvel or the DC Capt. Marvel?

DC Captain Marvel. it's called "Shazam - The Monster Society of Evil". 4 part mini-series.

I love Bone.

Long standing suspicions, confirmed!

Girls wraps up in January but I'm reading that in trades, so one of the few comics on the horizon I'm really looking forward to is....

BRIT, VOL 1: OLD SOLDIER TP

story ROBERT KIRKMAN

art TONY MOORE, CLIFF RATHBURN & VAL STAPLES

cover CLIFF RATHBURN & VAL STAPLES

176 PAGES - JANUARY 17 - FC - $17.99

Meet the government's last line of defense when it comes to the really messy parts of keeping the world safe... BRIT. When super-powered menaces threaten our home soil, send in Brit. Brit is a one man killing machine, indestructible, unstoppable... and eligible for a senior citizen's discount. Now presented in FULL-COLOR!

brit_tpb.jpg

Nope, he's a Yank, it's set in the same universe as Invincible - readers of that shoudld really check this out as Invincible's current handler debuted in Brit, the alien invasion that takes up a few pages in one issue ties into one of the stories collected here too.

Everyone else should give it a gander as it's a fun beat-em-up comic.

Hurm, I bought a couple of the Brit trades and was thoroughly unimpressed. Too much cliched superhero stuff without the wit or heart of Invincible.

For everyone who was wondering about my earlier question about "the Legion of Monster:Man Thing book, who will write it?", which probably includes me and Just Me....the writer will be Charlie Huston of Moon Knight fame (What? That's not what he's famous for?! Ah, come off it!). Which should be interesting....His Moon Knight series made me drop the book after 3 months of nothing happening, other than confusion, but the writing showed promise and it was dark, so he might be a good fit for a one-shot horror book. I'll be buying it.

Oh goodie!

Christian, all of the action (and fun) took place in the last two issues of Huston's first Moon Knight run.

Dead West? Yeah, I've been meaning to pick that up for a while.