Mr. Tom Willecome

It's Bad News Week

My God. I knew it. The rivers of blood. The four horsemen in the garden. Noel Edmunds winning Baftas. The end of the world has come and its heralded by the destruction of Hellblazer fans souls everywhere.

Well lets hope that this time they actually get everything right.

Cant we do anything to help them improve their imagination?

I mean we should write them constructive criticism or the like, with respect but straightforwardly.

Did you wake from a cold-sweat with a rasping, torn voice in your head demanding that you "Check CBR now, check it and warn them, WARN THEM AAAAALLLLLLL!?" this morning then, Tom ?

ESB: Are we ever going to see a sequel to Constantine?

LSD: Yes, you might, you might.

IESB: With Keanu?

LSD: Yes, with Keanu [Reeves]. We have been working with a team of writers to come up with a story and yeah, you will.

IESB: What can we look forward to in the Constantine sequel?

LSD: We are really going to go for it this time. The area that we found is great...it's really scary, it's good…

IESB: Taking it to London?

LSD: No...another country though, you're right, it's outside of America.

IESB: Same director?

LSD: No, different director, but Francis [Lawrence] will produce it with us. We will try to maintain his vision.

I'm still well sceptical as to the chances of a Constantine 2 every seeing the light of day, or murky smellyness of your local cinema, but then that quoted section up above sounds like they're making some head-way on it. There's no-way TearsInRain (*cough*) will be able to resist the chance to show up and taunt us if he's in any way involved.

It's oft-held that when it comes to cinematic adaptations, any possible sequels tend to be more-faitful to the source (for whatever reason).

They don't care what we think. Never have. Never will.

That's a bit harsh, at least to a degree, I swapped a couple of mails with people at Warners about why the movie was so unpopular amongst readers of the comic.

It might almost be worth it to have a series of horrendous shitty HB movies just so some talented guy could come along and totally reinvent the tired franchise with a true to the original, totally badass and gritty classic a la Batman Begins.

But yeah, I don't know if I can take more crappy Constantine movies.

LSD: Yes, with Keanu [Reeves]. We have been working with a team of writers to come up with a story and yeah, you will.

A team of writers? It's a shame they don't have, say, over 220 issues of the comic to browse for inspiration or anything. Still, that's Hollywood all over, isn't it? Comission a sequel before you've even come up with a concept for it...

And at least it makes the following quote look extra absurd:

LSD: No, different director, but Francis [Lawrence] will produce it with us. We will try to maintain his vision.

Yes, right, because they're all about the artistic integrity.

That's a bit harsh, at least to a degree, I swapped a couple of mails with people at Warners about why the movie was so unpopular amongst readers of the comic.

I hope you used the words "shill", "TearsInRain", "please" and "sack" at some point during that conversation.

Did you wake from a cold-sweat with a rasping, torn voice in your head demanding that you "Check CBR now, check it and warn them, WARN THEM AAAAALLLLLLL!?" this morning then, Tom ?

Pretty much. I hate that voice.

That's a bit harsh, at least to a degree, I swapped a couple of mails with people at Warners about why the movie was so unpopular amongst readers of the comic

That's as may be John but did it actually have any effect on what was filmed?

Bah, let them do whatever they want.. we will never be happy with this movie! I'll see it and blame it at it's time, if it gets released some day.

Who is TearsInRain?

I just dont see why they would change the director. I think he was one of the films strengths (Along with the soundtrack and the supporting characters (Except ChaZ o course). Hope they let at least Rousselot stay, he made the film look very impressive, backed up by the designers and renderers.

I dont mind Keanu either, though.

If i would be them, i would go looking around for some really talented scriptwriter who has all HB issues stored at the upper end of his spine, or at least one who takes his job seriously.

And instead cramming too many ideas into one film, whick made the end result still a bit empty, embed one utterly strong one into it.

Plus try for an even more serious effort while maintaining a dry sense of humour. Dont forget to have superb dialogues and some food for thought.

Also, make it more unique and steer clear from cliches n ludicrousness.

Even tough i know that the film is upper-mediocre in sum, it still resides in a warm spot inside my heart, i dont know why. One reason is the genre, sure, i like trashy catholic horrors.

John: Were you the only one coming in touch with WB?

Would it be far too much to ask you to rebond that connection and form a neato letter to WB, from more side of views (Eg all of us who would joyfully chime in)?

What do you say?

Do you think they would give a hoot?

I seriously doubt there'll be a sequel to Constanteeeeen, at least one that has a big budget and stars Keaunuuuu. Maybe a straight-to-video movie.

I also can't see a Magneto movie being made. His character was already laid out in a nice summary by Singer in the first 2 installments.

Now, a Wolverine movie I could totally see happening. And I would definitely go see it as Hugh Jackman has done more for that character than anybody else since Chris Claremont.

That's as may be John but did it actually have any effect on what was filmed?

Well they were asking after-the-fact, so hardly!

We were (rightfully) dead-harsh on the flick here and they still came back for more, so there's always that, still it'll probably end up being just more of the same...hopefully they can get Shia back, after his star-turn in Transformers, to play Angel Chaz.

I hope you used the words "shill", "TearsInRain", "please" and "sack" at some point during that conversation.

I believe his alter-ego came up a couple of times, aye.

I happened to like the movie, which is why I got into the comics. The comics are much better, of course, but the movie wasn't bad.

Remember, guys, this isn't Hellblazer -- it's Constantine.

Any of you who have still spelled the name of the alleged film franchise wrong by the time I check this thread again will be banned. Get back and edit your posts NOW.

1) John Shirley's book

2) Scotland or perhaps Glasgow in peril

3) The Garden of Eden

How many people misread that first post to say a Certain sequel featuring Wolverine and Magneto? I know I did and got so fucking excited, until I read it over again....

LSD: ... We have been working with a team of writers to come up with a story ...

Yeah, that's the way to come up with a story. :icon_rolleyes:

Well, what the hell do you expect from a halluciongenic drug? They always think they're saying something deep and meaningful, when all they're really doing is spouting out meaningless mumbo-jumbo that only has any purpose in the internalized world.