Sign in to follow this  
dogpoet

Would it be bad form...

...to review a comic I've scripted a story for in CI, given that none of the other reviewers for said magazine are very likely to bother with the comic in question (Usher#5, due in February), and that the last time I mentioned any of Chimera press's fine Skywald pastiches in CI, I was told they sold rather better than usual?

It's a conundrum.

If you're open about your contributions to the issue in question, not necessarily (although you'd have to be very careful about how you do it).

If you're not open about it, though, absolutely yes - in fact, it'd go beyond "bad form" and into "this writer shouldn't be reviewing things for a professional publication" territory. So, tread carefully.

If you're open about your contributions to the issue in question, not necessarily (although you'd have to be very careful about how you do it).

If you're not open about it, though, absolutely yes - in fact, it'd go beyond "bad form" and into "this writer shouldn't be reviewing things for a professional publication" territory. So, tread carefully.

I'll just mention that it's out, I'm in it and rate it as a "10", then...

:tongue:

Since this is the same question you asked us about reviewing your own book on Amazon, I refer you to the same answer. :tongue:

Since this is the same question you asked us about reviewing your own book on Amazon, I refer you to the same answer. :tongue:

Fair point.