birdchild

New Constantine trailer

just got back from watching blade 3(which was very disappointing) and the new constantine trailer was on it.

it looks slightly better than my very low expectations, hopefully the trailer will be online soon

I'm tagging along with a buddy of mine to see the same movie. I'll have to explain my grunting and mumbled swears afterwards.

The most watched DVDs in my place (in order, from mostest down to most) are - Dog Soldiers, Blade II and Chasing Amy. I've a bad feeling about Blade III though, the company's insistance on using it as a platform for a Nightstalkers spin-off doesn't bode well.

Birdchild, how did the trailer position Constantine ? Was it all flash-bang-whiz like te teaser ? Was there a rating mentioned ?

i dont recall seeing a rating on it.

the trailer showed alittle of the story but seemed to focus more on the special effects of it. i thought there was too little focus on john himself. mainly just keanu talking about the deal between god and the devil & u see them they see you. they showed more of office scene where rach gets pulled out and keanu running with his holy "stupidass" shotgun. scene with him in the electric chair were papa throws water then jabs a stick into it then johns freaks out and looks up which was in the teaser but his face seemed to be messed with for some reason. scene where he slams his arms together is changed with the background going crazy. the dragon breath part was stupid, there was no chas which i think is a good thing since they have that retarded kid doing the part, him jumping in hell which i also didnt like, a window shattering and lucifer walking through it. it was okay but its just not hellblazer. you can really tell if keanu is playing him right b/c there is so little of him saying anything in the trailer.

That trailer was way better than the last one. (I liked the look of Gabriel(?)'s wings) I noticed there was no smoking in it though. Coincidence? ;)

Why the fugg haven't they bunged that longer, better trailer on the actual movie website? I checked, and they only have the old, short one there!

"MTV Exclusive" probably explains why it's not on the official site yet. Between that and the TRL bit, it looks like they'll be focusing a bit on marketting through MTV.

First scene is silly, but at least we know he doesn't actually stick his feet in the pot of water.

We thought the best way to avoid comparisons with Van Helsing was to make sure that the third scene in the trailer looked like it was taken straight out of Van Helsing.

"You...do...this...there's....no...turning...back" - Keanu Reeves takes a leaf from the William Shatner school of acting, should get im flocking to the box office!

Special effects are looking good, like the scene with Satan (?) near the end, the chap decked out in white who walks through the exploding glass door.

There isn't even a hint of Hellblazer to the trailer.

"MTV Exclusive" probably explains why it's not on the official site yet.  Between that and the TRL bit, it looks like they'll be focusing a bit on marketting through MTV.

First scene is silly, but at least we know he doesn't actually stick his feet in the pot of water.

We thought the best way to avoid comparisons with Van Helsing was to make sure that the third scene in the trailer looked like it was taken straight out of Van Helsing.

"You...do...this...there's....no...turning...back" - Keanu Reeves takes a leaf from the William Shatner school of acting, should get im flocking to the box office!

Special effects are looking good, like the scene with Satan (?) near the end, the chap decked out in white who walks through the exploding glass door.

Looked pretty good. In all fairness though, Beeman (the occult Q) was in the original script 4 years ago, way before Van Helsink. It's a common problem in such a small community. Ideas getting 'lifted' from script to script.

And come on, Captain Kirk kissed ass!

Now do you know that's satan decked out in the white unless yuou know someone who knows something...

"

Yep. Seems like they decided to make a movie about hell, and wanted a catchy name.

That said, i think it might well do a roaring trade, sure looks like nothing else thats been around lately.

Really, kr just is not cool enough to be JC, and he SURE AS FUCK isn't British enough.

Never mind, between us we can come up with some suitible punishment, I think. ;)

John, are we allowed to go and watch it, when the time comes/.

:tongue:

In all fairness though, Beeman (the occult Q) was in the original script 4 years ago, way before Van Helsink.

Ah, that's a shame but given that they've voiced a concern with comparisons being made, they probably shouldn't have given a related scene such a prominent position in the main trailer!

Now do you know that's satan decked out in the white unless yuou know someone who knows something...

Is that a fly crawling out of your tear duct ?

Haven't seen the trailer, but it sounds like a process of deduction:

We know what Rossdale wears from set photos, so it can't be him.

We know what Gabriel is played by a woman, so it can't be her.

The scavenger, Vermin and Ellie don't wear suits.

There aren't really any other bad guys, so...

Dunno, but I seem to recall that the plot of it involved Tilda Swinton starting out the film as a man only to become a woman halfway through.

Here's the plot:

Orlando, a man of ideal nobility starts his search for love, poetry, a place in society and a meaning in life, in and around the court of historical England in the late 16th century. The blessing of eternal life from Queen Elizabeth I enables him a long and deep philosophical quest, accompanied by the features of "noble" English life with a good taste for irony. Both sides of the coin are shown when Orlando, partly fed up and disgusted with how men think and act, returns from his embassadorship in the Far East as exactly the same person, let alone his sex. Orlando, a woman of ideal nobility continues her journey to realize the truth about life, love, and approaching one's own sex in the late 18th century England. For one who lived four hundred years and haven't aged a day, finding humanity's forgotten need for androginity as the key to the happiness of her own as well as her daughter's

Orlando was mentioned in LoEG volume II as well, now I come to think about it.

Anyway, back to the trailer.

Never mind Swinton's affinity for the androgynous, there are three things that make me conclude that it's the Devil we see in that white suit:

1. The person is way too buff for Swinton, body-wise

2. At the same time as wee see this, "Hell wants him" flashes across the screen. Not too subtle a hint, eh?

3. Though his face is hard to make out, it kinda looks like Peter Stormare behind all that broken glass.

I like the idea of the Devil in a white suit.

Aw...I'm kind of dissapointed with the trailer :sad: It doesn't show a story really. It's just a little bit of this and a little bit of that. And that scene with Rachel in bath seems wierd to me. Suddenly a bath explodes.....For those who read the script: how is it in context? Better?

There are a few scenes where you see Constantine sitting on the floor (with those feets coming in the screen)/ in a house (after Heaven won't take him) but not his. I wonder where that is....Anyone knows?

keanu says Whoa though :)