birdchild

New Constantine trailer

It looks lovely, but the dragon's breath bit completely shatters the mood of the thing... it's so completely goofy.

Shame they couldn't put together some kind of plot for the trailer, though. The only thing selling this film is that it looks gorgeous.

And I still hate the Power-Rangers arm slapping.

Alright we all know that the plot's going to be a choppy mess. However reading some of the negative reviews gives me a kernel of hope that a wee bit of the "real" Constantine will be hidden in the movie underneath all the SFX hoopla as nearly all the reviewers comment that the Constantine character is "unlikeable" who they "wouldn't want to spend any time in a room with". Ironically, this is the kind of stuff that drew me to the character in the first place. Now the movie Constantine still might be too heroic for my tastes but I at least give them props for making the title character unlikeable, or at least that is what I'm hoping for. I'll make my final decision when I actually get to see the film in its entirity.

Aw...I'm kind of dissapointed with the trailer :sad: It doesn't show a story really. It's just a little bit of this and a little bit of that.  And that scene with Rachel in bath seems wierd to me. Suddenly a bath explodes.....For those who read the script: how is it in context? Better?

There are a few scenes where you see Constantine sitting on the floor (with those feets coming in the screen)/ in a house (after Heaven won't take him) but not his.  I wonder where that is....Anyone knows?

keanu says Whoa though :)

The bathtub is a much longer scene where John practially dro... well, I don'tr want to ruin it but it's very intense and the explosion of the tub is the very end.

At the open Constantine is sitting in an electric chair from Sing Sing and Midnite is helping him go to the other.. well, let's just say surfing the internet is a little less painful

For you maybe, but that's because you don't have wires connecting from the computer to your testicles, giving you shocks everytime you load another page. OW!

OW!

:)

Back on subject: I don't get the criticism about a plot. Nary a trailer I've seen in the last few years has any pretense at a plot. They're all about showing cool clips from the movie.

Guest Tamed_Adapter

ARGH!

I can’t see the trailer: the film is flickering between normal frames, and black frames!

WHY is this only happening to ME!!??

ARGH!

I can’t see the trailer: the film is flickering between normal frames, and black frames!

Because you have bad luck.

The film looks good in the new trailer (except the ball-pen-flame-thrower), but as my brother says, it looks good "if you don't consider there's a comic behind..."

For you maybe, but that's because you don't have wires connecting from the computer to your testicles, giving you shocks everytime you load another page. OW!

OW!

:)

Back on subject: I don't get the criticism about a plot. Nary a trailer I've seen in the last few years has any pretense at a plot. They're all about showing cool clips from the movie.

Then you should not only go to action flicks! No really, in most trailers they give a vague idea of the plot like the day of tomorrow (yes, they also show cool clips. je sais) they begin to tell what's happening and all. In this trailer , the tagline is that hell wants him and heaven won't take him but they don't say that john is dying which is kind of important I think because that shows that time is running and that john has to figure out something before he dies (and in this trailer people don't know that that's soon so it might appear less exciting) Also if they so badly want to show creepy clips, I think a creepy music in the middle would have been appropriate. Now it's such an ::empty:: trailer.

Or is it just me? :ohmy:

Well, here's a list of what we get to know, if the trailer is the only thing we have to go on:

- Keanu Reeves plays a chap called John Constantine

- JC is into "the occult"

- Rachel Weisz plays some as-yet unidentified person who contacts JC for information about the occult etc.

- There is some kind of supernatural conflict going on between heaven and hell

- JC is caught in the middle

- JC uses several gadgets and weapons :D

Is this really so lacking in information?

Guest spiderlegs

Well, isn't there ALWAYS one? I mean, if you believe in that sort of thing...

Hellboy did (Nazis return to end the world), Spider-man 2 did (Peter Parker must reveal his secret identity to Doc Ock or Mary Jane buys it), National Treasure did (Nicholas Cage is following a trail of clues to find a treasure hidden by America's Founding Fathers), The Fellowship of the Ring did (hell, it was one step away from giving you the history of Middle Earth). And if you want to talk Keanu Reeves movies, Something's Gotta Give* did (Jack Nicholson only dates young women, but now he's going to learn how to cope with someone his own age). I'll skip Kill Bill because, well, guess...

Maybe Norway gets choppier trailers for some reason?

Well, here's a list of what we get to know, if the trailer is the only thing we have to go on:

- Keanu Reeves plays a chap called John Constantine

- JC is into "the occult"

- Rachel Weisz plays some as-yet unidentified person who contacts JC for information about the occult etc.

- JC is caught in the middle

- JC uses several gadgets and weapons :D

Is this really so lacking in information?

Yes. We don't know why Constantine is being contacted by Rachel Weisz, or why Hell wants him. There's no mention of a supernatural conflict, only of "the balance," so it's not clear why everyone's getting so agitated. We should leave the theatre at least knowing why Earth need Constantine so badly (just a brief line of dialogue about demons pushing through into our plane of reality would have sufficed). And I don't think a bulb would do that if you broke the vacuum inside the glass.

On the plus side, it does look really, really awesome. And the drippy feet are obviously ripped off of The First's cruciform entrance in the third-to-last issue of Dangerous Habits.

*A romantic comedy so humourless and unromantic that even my mum didn't like it.

"National Treasure did (Nicholas Cage is following a trail of clues to find a treasure hidden by America's Founding Fathers"

and people thought i was retarded b/c i thought it sounded and looked like shit.

btw- i agree that the dragon breath parts sucks big time, reminded me of harry frickin' potter

No we probably get the same trailers as you do. I just didn't think this one was very different from most trailers I've seen.

Oh well, it's not a big deal anyway.

Constantine Trailer

http://filmforce.ign.com/articles/572/572074p1.html

December 09, 2004 - The final trailer for Constantine, Warner Bros.' big-screen adaptation of DC Comics/Vertigo's Hellblazer graphic novel series, has hit online. You can dig on it here. Any early concerns that fans might've had about this flick should be vanquished by this crazy awesome. It's hot!

Trailer Park: Constantine

http://www.star-ecentral.com/news/story.as...9939&sec=movies

The teaser trailer had Keanu Reeves looking like he's stuck in another Matrix film but as the second film shows, there is so much horror just waiting to happen. Based on comic book Hellblazer, the movie tells the tale of a supernatural detective named John Constantine. Although you can't really tell that he's a detective or why he keeps telling Rachel Weisz's character to believe in the Devil. Never mind the story, do check out the visuals.

ARGH!

I'm having a similar problem. I can hear it but not see it. Rats. I'm going to have to wait until its in a downloadable version.

I'll have to work on that. Various websites are reporting a new international trailer available today on MyMovies.net but I can't get a response from that site to check for myself.