birdchild

New Constantine trailer

OK. I still can't see the MTV one. I think I must have the wrong kind of browser. But the new MyMovies one is here.

EDIT: - That site's been a bit busy today because it's also got the Batman Begins trailer.

I tried to watch the trailer, and also got a message saying I needed to upgrade to Media Player 9, because my Media Player doesn't have the required plugin to watch the movie trailer. Now, I already had Media player 9, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to get an upgrade if there was one available.

So I upgrade to Media Player 10. Another try - I still get the message saying I need to upgrade to MP 9. Okay, I hit the button again, just to see what happens... and get a message saying my Media Player version already contains the required plugin. Except it still won't play the trailer... :sad:

*sigh*

Maddening, that's what it is.

I tried to watch the trailer, and also got a message saying I needed to upgrade to Media Player 9, because my Media Player doesn't have the required plugin to watch the movie trailer. Now, I already had Media player 9, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to get an upgrade if there was one available.

So I upgrade to Media Player 10. Another try - I still get the message saying I need to upgrade to MP 9. Okay, I hit the button again, just to see what happens... and get a message saying my Media Player version already contains the required plugin. Except it still won't play the trailer...  :sad:

*sigh*

reboot should take care of it

Guest Tamed_Adapter

So I upgrade to Media Player 10. Another try - I still get the message saying I need to upgrade to MP 9. Okay, I hit the button again, just to see what happens... and get a message saying my Media Player version already contains the required plugin. Except it still won't play the trailer...  :sad:

*sigh*

Finally! I’m not the only one with difficulties to see the trailer! (Still don’t know how to solve it, though…)

reboot should take care of it

What to you mean? Reboot what? The computer?

Guest spiderlegs

It's been awhile since I've seen the first trailer, but to my recollection, there was nothing new in this one. I mean, come on!

Really? I don't remember the topless Keanu shot in the first trailer. I'll go and check again.

I upgraded to Media Player 10 before watching, and it worked fine for me.

EDIT: Well, its twice as long as the teaser trailer, and I have no idea if visually it's the same as the MTV one but the audio is certainly different. I'm not bothered about the MTV one any more, like Maddi.

The international trailer worked fine for me, though. So I'm not going to bother about the MTV one anymore... :p

At the open Constantine is sitting in an electric chair from Sing Sing

Sounds like a little borrow from Azzarello's Hard Time arc.

This movie could rock if they took out all refrences to John .

And if you like any and all action movies.

There are many things you can accuse it of (unseen) but it is not an action movie.

At the open Constantine is sitting in an electric chair from Sing Sing

Sounds like a little borrow from Azzarello's Hard Time arc.

It's actually taken from issue 2; it's the chair that Gary Lester was strapped into when John trapped Mnemoth inside him.

The newest trailer looks really great and is much better then the MTV one. I'm also quite impressed with the Keanu voice over. Even though i'm a ke-fan i thought a voice over by him would suck. The new Constantine logo is better too and it actually tells the story a little!!It could really be a prefect trailer.....

but the music is so WROOOONG!

Two things are laughable:

"I've seen Hell blaze through these streets."

"As long as I can remember, I have seen things"

And I liked the first snippet of music, but found the second lurching too far towards Kiddy Metal. Hard to tell for sure though.

I just saw the International trailer. Could not see the MTV one, simply don´t open in my PC. Well, about the new trailer, I really loved it! And liked the music at the end too. They need to put those trailers in Quicktime and better resolution asap!

Two things are laughable:

"I've seen Hell blaze through these streets."

"As long as I can remember, I have seen things"

And I liked the first snippet of music, but found the second lurching too far towards Kiddy Metal. Hard to tell for sure though.

Actually I hate the voice over in this international one, mainly because it sounds so detached from the film. That's probably because none of this dialogue is in the film. The MTV one at least uses dialogue from the film as voice over. Keanu sounds so fake in the international one. but i like the cutting and the hell images. why can't anyone do a Blade Runner any more - no dialoge at all, just provacative images put to some old 1920's song. Or better yet, John sitting in a chair smoking and talking to the audience like the piece of shits they are.

That's probably because none of this dialogue is in the film.

If you are claiming that they have excised those lines from the film, then well done that editor. However, the second line is still a fundamental flaw, as it has Constanteen effectively the grown up version of the kid from Sixth Sense.

"Oooh, I see Demons."

Cringe.

Or better yet, John sitting in a chair smoking and talking to the audience like the piece of shits they are.

Now that's the single best idea you have ever voiced here.

The International trailer is good at conveying a mood until the generic metal and ultra quick edits kick in. The voice over was very much in tone with the comic. Perhaps if they directly quoted the opening pages of #137-Haunted part 4.

"I'm everything that never happened to you. I've seen people fucked to death and shat into Hell for eight quid and change. I've seen people with their bellies punched like teabags and left with their guts streaming out on the pavement with the chip wrappers and dogshit, just because they walked funny. I've seen kids who testd positive for cocaine ten seconds after they were born: pale, wet things all broken inside, like their mothers. I'VE SEEN HELL BLAZE THROUGH THESE STREETS."

Guest darkandlovely
Reeves sounds like he's reading the first line from a cue card.

Is it me or does it seem like the movie could be as bad as the early reviews say? :o

The International trailer is good at conveying a mood until the generic metal and ultra quick edits kick in.  The voice over was very much in tone with the comic.  Perhaps if they directly quoted the opening pages of #137-Haunted part 4.

"I'm everything that never happened to you.  I've seen people fucked to death and shat into Hell for eight quid and change.  I've seen people with their bellies punched like teabags and left with their guts streaming out on the pavement with the chip wrappers and dogshit, just because they walked funny.  I've seen kids who testd positive for cocaine ten seconds after they were born: pale, wet things all broken inside, like their mothers.  I'VE SEEN HELL BLAZE THROUGH THESE STREETS."

That is such cool dialogue. How did I miss that in my readings? Perfect for a trailer of John talking, only excize the cuss words for the tivo.

"I'm everything that never happened to you. I've seen people fornicated to death and doodooed into Hell for eight dollars and change. I've seen people with their bellies punched like herbal-teabags and left with their innards streaming out on the pavement with the burger wrappers and dogpoop, just because they walked funny. I've seen kids who testd positive for cocaine ten seconds after they were born: pale, wet things all broken inside, like their mothers. I'VE SEEN HECK BLAZE THROUGH THESE STREETS."

Nah, ain't the same, Guv.