ShoppingTub

Hellblazer #181 tattoo translation

Hi all

I found this page on straight to hell http://www.insanerantings.com/hell/comics/...s/hb181ann.html and was wondering if anyone knows where i can find the translation mentioned in the article, i've searched the dc forum but cant find it. attached is a pic of the cover just to let you know what i mean

post-551-1164585496_thumb.jpg

thanks guys

I could have translated it myself, I had to study Latin in high school (when high school was actually high, a lot of years ago...). If you are asking for the source of the tattoo, I suppose it's some kind of grimoire or something.

But, be careful, people who appears on the forums asking for occultist stuff from the comics usually ends up being shot and killed by FBI or SWAT...

I could have translated it myself, I had to study Latin in high school (when high school was actually high, a lot of years ago...). If you are asking for the source of the tattoo, I suppose it's some kind of grimoire or something.

But, be careful, people who appears on the forums asking for occultist stuff from the comics usually ends up being shot and killed by FBI or SWAT...

:unsure:

Nah, they actually end up in conversation with Jay and Christian while the other members drop by occassionally to say, "You guys are nuts!" or "You don't really believe that do you?" at which point Jay chickens out and Christian begins to relate how the Zetas came down and taught him magic and told him to go out and save the world from the Anunnaki.

Nah, they actually end up in conversation with Jay and Christian while the other members drop by occassionally to say, "You guys are nuts!" or "You don't really believe that do you?" at which point Jay chickens out and Christian begins to relate how the Zetas came down and taught him magic and told him to go out and save the world from the Anunnaki.

Yes! Link to those threads! Link! To! Those! Threads!!!!

lol, I'll have to look out for those posts.

just intersted in what the tattoo said and unfortunatly latin isnt a strong point of mine(and the number of times I've used the spellcheck english isnt).

I've seen a couple of posts that have said this tattoo isnt perminant but after a re-read it looks as if it is but it is done in an old fashion way on needles or tattoo guns just something sharp and some ink.

I'm not to worryed about the FBI as i live in the UK but on a note about the occult stuff my brother is a druid which is very cool as I get to see all kinds of wierd and wonderful stuff that he can do.

I've seen a couple of posts that have said this tattoo isnt perminant but after a re-read it looks as if it is but it is done in an old fashion way on needles or tattoo guns just something sharp and some ink.

Ummm, you realize it's not a real tattoo on a real person, right?

yeah i know that, it was just a something I was saying as I've had a couple of tattos myself and seen alot done it different ways and in the comic its done in an old fashioned and very painful way if it was real

It's a henna tattoo. The translation stuff came from a website that I referenced on the page you've seen - it was a long time ago and I cannot recall the details of my version.

Actually you should just go with what is on the annotations page.

Just an interesting tidbit -

I met professional wrestler "Raven" http://www.theraveneffect.com/

at the Wizard World LA show this past and he is a big fan of that cover.

He had me send him the tattoo design so he could have someone paint it on one of his leather jackets.

Maybe someone can find a pic of him wearing such a thing and post it here.

I think that design would look pretty cool on a jacket.

Thoughts?

- Tb

So no SWAT, you say?

Tell that to TodesEngel. I'll be very happy if you find him.

Shopping, your brother's a druid? Genuinely? You got my interest. Tell me about that.

I was in the festival of my village, with street dealers selling teeshirts of 'I am a sunshine, I go out... and get high' , or Che flags, or Spanish flags pins, pendants, wallets, necklaces with your name, you know, that kind of stuff. Between all that, I spotted a couple of interesting and strange teeshirts... On one was the Leonardo da Vinci Vitruvian man, and the other was this:

mason.jpg

I think it's some of Masonery symbolism. I have no clue of who printed that sacred image onto a teeshirt, anyway I am very fond of it.

So, I like that idea of a jacket with the tatoo, at first sight.

If I knew someone good to do the job and had the money, I'd have all sorts of shirts made up with occult symbolism.

I did find a nice T-shirt with an ankh surrounded by flames, but they only had size X-L, which is too big for me. I found it in high school when I liked wearing long, baggy black T-shirts, so I got some use out of it.

I agree with Spain, it's a cool idea.

you are right it is latin but it's just mostly non sequiters with words like judge and war and time. it doesn'tdo much read to much into it.

I think it's some of Masonery symbolism. I have no clue of who printed that sacred image onto a teeshirt, anyway I am very fond of it.

saw a video on youtube abpout the history of that symbol... i don't have a link to it.

and yeah, the tattoo in the comic was henna. i had already drawn the page and then i saw tim's awesome cover (one of his best for me) and redrew the panel to maintain continuity. + tim's design blew mine out of the water!!

jock

i remember where i've seen the t-shirt symbol before its on a doller bill

post-551-1165338259_thumb.jpg

on the subject of masonry my mum is a nurse and she trained at the royal masonic hospital in london and when she qualified she was give this belt buckle to where on her uniform

DSC00544-1.jpg

Man, that's awesome. I'd almost become a Mason just for the trinkets. But I wouldn't be able to take all the kowtowing seriously, or care enough to move into a position where I was actually of any importance.

Yes! Yes! OK? The secret is out! America is a nation built by the Masons, for the Masons.

So we're all Masons here. So what? Does it really make any difference?

You still want to buy our products and spend our money and reap the benefits of our economic exploitation of Third World nations.

Do you think we could do what we do in the world if we weren't a nation of Masons? Think about that before you judge us!

Oh, so all those Third World nations that need more food than american weapons and less unfair diamond trade, only should have said, 'there's no help for the widow's son?' and BANG, all american citizens sending aid.

-black humor courtesy of NRA