Sign in to follow this  
JohnMcMahon

The Totally Off-Topic Movie Thread

Take a picture of that Jock Constantine t-shirt you have man!

SPeaking of t shirts, John, whatever happened to our website's official ones? Feel free to move this - I just wanted to post where it would be seen.

Awww, please don't get me started on Lord of the fucking Rings. I HATE that film! I hate it, hate it , hate it!! :icon_evil:

The only pro's on that were Liv Tyler and Viggo Mortensen, oh and that superscary spider in part 3, but that's it! And that's 1 pro per film!

Fjoew, dat lucht op.

Awww, please don't get me started on Lord of the fucking Rings. I HATE that film! I hate it, hate it , hate it!! :icon_evil:

The only pro's on that were Liv Tyler and Viggo Mortensen, oh and that superscary spider in part 3, but that's it! And that's 1 pro per film!

Fjoew, dat lucht op.

Wait a minute, someone here hates the adaptation of LOTR????? I thought Jackson was a genius in just about everyone's eyes, even hearing -- "If only they could adapt Constantine with as much care and thought as Jackson did with LOTR." So in other words some people will never be happy with seeing literature turned into moving pictures. Not that there's anything wrong with that opinion but it just shows you how tough it is for any writer/filmmaker/studio venturing into adapting successful books.

Fjoew, dat lucht op.

Wait a minute, someone here hates the adaptation of LOTR?????

(...)

Not that there's anything wrong with that opinion but it just shows you how tough it is for any writer/filmmaker/studio venturing into adapting successful books.

I'm not sure if Shanice has read the books at all, Tears. I think she may just not like the films.

At the old forum there was an big LOTR thread, and that showed clearly that most regulars at the forum have read the books, and love the LOTR adaptation by Peter Jackson.

it just shows you how tough it is for any writer/filmmaker/studio venturing into adapting successful books.

Nope, that is still a piece of piss.

It does show you how people have different opinions though.

We're beginning to see how the Hollywood Demographic machine manages to conflate "everyone" into simple lowest common denominator groups.

I really dig fantasy...AND lots of other stuff. But I was talking "within the genre". (Though whether HB and LOTR are in the same genre is certainly debatable...)

That's one type of fantasy, but all that demons and spells malarky is too.

Besides, Hellblazer's had almost all of the above in it at one point or another. (Never mind the Boggards - this is Hellblazer)

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is fantasy.

HOT! :lol:

naaah, I'm pretty sure James was thinking more (& more & more) of

aly61.jpg

Neither am I, 'cause my tongue's hanging out of my mouth in a very unattractive way and I'd only end up biting it off.

alyson_hannigan_06.jpg

And how's this for a perv's dream?

twowills.jpg

<cringes, waiting to be booed>

You guys think Alyson Hannigan is hot......?

I admit, she looks pretty good in those pictures but most of the time in Buffy......meh. Of course, I wasnt able to watch after the third or fourth season or something.