JohnMcMahon

Preacher the movie? Televangelism!

Gwilym    330

I'm still on board, but I hope they'll at some point decide to make an episode that's actually satisfying. Just as an experiment.

I enjoy the minute-to-minute stuff, but pretty much every episode's ended with me thinking "That's not a conclusion or a cliffhanger; that's where the episode should've started."

JohnMcMahon    562

I'm running an episode behind but I'm actually quite enjoying the slow pacing of it all - Cassidy mentioned a road trip to Jesse so they'll get there, quite probably timed with the Saint Of Killers showing up and sending them on the lamb. It wouldn't surprise me to see a High Plains Drifter-esque end to the season.

Like I said before, I'm finding TV Custer to be a lot more interesting than his comic counterpart, there's something more to this guy than cowboy morals and a good right hook.

Gwilym    330

Karl Suburban

Also am I imagining things or does Quincannon's right-hand man look like Walking Dead? (I've never seen that show, but I assume it's the main character's name)

• Upvote 1

JohnMcMahon    562

Picked up for a second season, 13 episodes next time out.

Latest episode was good, we've hit the everything-falls-apart stage which is always the best bit in any story!

kingmob    1

Dropped in to say Hi and throw my support behind this show, didn't think I'd dig it but I'm loving the style, story, and characters as much as I ever enjoyed the Vertigo book.

A. Heathen    1,129

Notice our Constantine buddy Dave Blass is in on Preacher?

He clearly has a great fondness for his job.

St. Apathy    140

So it turns out this show is in the same universe as Breaking Bad. Or rather they use that dam for shady transport.

tumblr_oavobnCFT31vzxnxso4_540.png

tumblr_oavobnCFT31vzxnxso2_540.png

Pooka    785

I'm going to finish this off then not bother next season. I'm not the world's biggest Ennis/Dillon fan but this has been a dissaoointment for me.

• Upvote 2

slinker    893

i'm with you!

i hope cinemax doesn't fuck up the Boys.

wolvy    57

It's been ok but not what I expected and the random flashbacks can be annoying and confusing at times.

Lou K    1,057

As a TV show it's OK. As a comic adaptation it's really not good. The Saint was the fucking business in the last ep though.

• Upvote 1

seventhcircle    582

havent seen the last episode yet.

i think its a cool show, its far away from the comic, but that mustnt be bad. i don't think you can run a succesful tv show on ennis' cynism.

i watch it with my best buddy and hes hooked, so thats nice.

slinker    893

I respectfully and totally disagree. Cassidey, Jesse and Tulip in the comic were way more interesting characters than the cardboard cutouts playing them on tv..

I'm not criticizing the actors, but the writers. They are written to be just uninteresting. the only part of the show with any interest to me is the saint of killers, and with one episode left, it'll either be a cliffhanger or won't happen til next season. i also hate that they've stayed in Anneville all season. the slow pacing is just killing me. they left Anneville in issue #1.

slinker    893

Tulip's not horrible, i guess. by far the most interesting of the 3 characters. i just don't find jesse likable at all. that's a problem.

I LOVE this show andIlove tulip,YES. I find jesse interesting if anything .but then again,i have NOT read much of the comic so maybe that's what it is.thenagain,i just saw 3 episodes--

i also learned form hellblazer to STOP comparing the shows to comics.appreciate it for it's quirks

slinker    893

that's fine for you. i would just rather have something more like the comic than just the characters have the same names.

Dave    265

That girl from the Constantine pilot really took care of her Mayor problem didn't she?

• Upvote 1