JohnMcMahon

Preacher the movie? Televangelism!

I'm going to save up all of the second season and binge through it - the first was a little rough in places but the casting's great and it's definitely got that Preacher vibe down.

It is a fairly broadstrokes adaptation and yet everything about it I feel could have been done by Garf.

So I'm curious, how much have they changed ?

Also if they do change anything, can they maybe nerf the Saint a tad ? Cause he was so absurdly overpowered in the original series where the only way to propperly describe it is bad writing.

i concur: the saint is the embodiment of hate. hate is unrelenting, overwhelming and powerful beyond reason. it can under some circumstances be appeased by love for a time at least and the saint does not have any love left to give,

does he? so the only thing to defeat him is to throw a ridiculous high bodycount at him to exhaust him. which basically is how the series ends.

and to answer your question. they have changed a lot. they still haven't been on the road so far and yet some of the story-arcs have taken place already in some way. and herr starr (or any of his associates) have not appeared yet as far as i remember. also the overall tone of the series is a lot more slap-sticky.

i concur: the saint is the embodiment of hate. hate is unrelenting, overwhelming and powerful beyond reason. it can under some circumstances be appeased by love for a time at least and the saint does not have any love left to give,

does he? so the only thing to defeat him is to throw a ridiculous high bodycount at him to exhaust him. which basically is how the series ends.

and to answer your question. they have changed a lot. they still haven't been on the road so far and yet some of the story-arcs have taken place already in some way. and herr starr (or any of his associates) have not appeared yet as far as i remember. also the overall tone of the series is a lot more slap-sticky.

Such as ? : O

arseface is there from the start and has already made some ergh trips, that werent in the comic.

the salvation arc is already finished in most parts.

I'd question that, actually. The comic series deliberately sets him up as a foil to Jesse's happy ending. He needs to be pretty ruined as a person to work in that role given some of the ghastly crap in the protagonist's backstory and the comic's storyline.

(Also, another dig at God, obvs.)

arseface is there from the start and has already made some ergh trips, that werent in the comic.

the salvation arc is already finished in most parts.

......Seriously now ?

Have they even bothered to do Angelville for one ? My guess is no.

And really, they're gonna bring this up now, and not later in the story when Custer is supposed to drift there as a broken man, both physically and mentally, and kind of be tempted to stay by finding his mother there, alive and mostly well, among other, very nice things ?

Nah.

That's the Comic.

This is a lovely work on the theme.

And fun.

Proves what Hellblazer could have been.