JohnMcMahon

Preacher the movie? Televangelism!

Red    467

Come off it, when he kills the devil and god, how is that remotely funny? Or interesting?

(And Sauron WASN'T invincible, which is sort of the point of the whole series, no?)

James    38
Come off it, when he kills the devil and god, how is that remotely funny? Or interesting?

Maybe those scenes aren't supposed to be funny? It's just a part of his story. Could you actually explain your problem with these particular bits of the book?

And I don't see how being in two shit scenes (depending on your point of view) makes him a rubbish character.

Guest spiderlegs   
Guest spiderlegs

(And Sauron WASN'T invincible, which is sort of the point of the whole series, no?)

Ugh! I thought "seemingly" was implied!

:wacko: :rolleyes:

Mark79    0

Just read on another board that Robert Knepper is considered for a part in Preacher (or has already landed it?). Dude's an awesome actor. Good choice.

electricinca    89

I can't find any news about that anywhere online but I agree that he's a very good actor. Not sue what part he'd be suited to in Preacher though. I guess physically he's a good fit for Cassidy but I wonder how his Irish accent is.

I can't find any news about that anywhere online but I agree that he's a very good actor. Not sue what part he'd be suited to in Preacher though. I guess physically he's a good fit for Cassidy but I wonder how his Irish accent is.

Oh he's a dead ringer for Cassidy all that's left as you said is the accent.As an Irishman who's lived his entire life inside the States,I'm gonna pretend like I would even have the right to complain as loudly as I no doubt will if they fuck this up.I really hope if they claim to be ready to do this on such a large scale(meaning issues versus hours)that they include all the tiny details that were my personnal favorite part of this book,such as Cassidy getting shot by the farmer for "buggering" his cattle,it's HBO they better keep that in there.

The series was not terribly dear to me but I enjoyed it and think this could be both alot of fun and a chance to show HBO,hollywood and whoever else that non superhero comics can be viable as options for movies/television shows etc.If this works out even close to the channels hopes I bet a dollar 100 Bullets is next.

As an Irishman who's lived his entire life inside the States

How does that work? :blink:

The Mayflower dude,those lower decks are fun up until we're the last ones jumping ship into icy graves.Until then it's all drinking,fighting and a few rounds of spin the french whore.

James    38

No, seriously. If you lived your entire life in the US then you're American.

Edit: No offence intended. I'm not sure how to stop that from sounding too aggressive without making it too wishy-washy. I think it's true, though. You can't really call yourself Irish (or Italian, or African or Greek or whatever) if you grew up in the US.

Atticus    164

Y'know James, you're harsh but ultimately correct.

Although in the spirit of "does it really matter" I'd allow that perennial favourite "Irish-American"

James    38

To be honest it was a bit of a [over-used word]y thing for me to say, since it pertains to nothing at all. Apologies all round.

I am right though.

Atticus    164

To be fair, I know plenty of plastic paddies who are English. But I've a feeling this thread is getting sidetracked. Don't want to incur the wrath of James :unsure:

James    38

It's all my fault. How could I get angry?

I'm just jealous because nobody wants to be English-American. :(

Heh,the funny thing is a little while ago when I saw all the reponses I wondered why we all weren't being chastised for a total derailment.Of course then I noticed that James was one of the culprits,the asylum is running that lunatic I tells ya.

Of course I should've said something akin to "of Irish lineage" or something along those lines,but that's my own fault for posting so quickly without realizing it.I don't think the man was being rude or anything,but for the record I thought it was an obvious admission of my ignorance to the proper terminology when I said Irish by way of the Mayflower,that makes little sense and it was just there for a chuckle.However you're all a whole roaming pack of the [over-used word]iest of [over-used word]y [over-used word]s(with rasberry [over-used word] filling)for not so much as a friggin smiley face thing for that icy graves/french whore joke.

Seriously though,Mark79 had a point.Knepper is perfect for Cassidy,even his voice(again assuming/hoping he doesn't butcher the accent)would be sweet in that part.I thought a few months ago he would have made a great joker,but this is much better.

James    38

I don't usually go mental over derailment unless people start arguing nastily with each other, or it turns into people being HELLA WACKY!!! LOLZ. If it turns into another discussion then I don't really mind at all.

electricinca    89

Back to Knepper as long as his Irish accent is not as bad as the Irish blokes in Heroes then I'm cool with it.

It's all speculation anyway as I've not come across any confirmation about him being in the cast let alone being cast as Cassidy.

James    38

I think the Knepper thing is down to people saying "wouldn't it be great if..." and then that somehow transforming into "he's up for the role". See every second Sun story about Doctor Who in the past three years.

jae    0

I don't think will see it in 08 as was said due to the WTG writers strike and by the looks the actors guild will probably go strike to so look for things in pre development to get squashed

Mark79    0

Yeah, it's the part of Cassidy that Knepper is up for. The guy is amazing with accents, so I don't think the Irish accent would be a problem at all.

James    38
I don't think will see it in 08 as was said due to the WTG writers strike and by the looks the actors guild will probably go strike to so look for things in pre development to get squashed

Which is one reason why it may never make it out of development at all.

jae    0

Which is one reason why it may never make it out of development at all.

which is a sad a lot of series are going to get grounded that I like... like lost and heroes and how i met your mother.... I'll figure I'll reopen my netflix account again

Mark79    0

Nothing new really, but someone posted this over at IMDB...

Used up my IMDb Pro trial and thought I might post what I got out of it. This is the Preacher info that's up at the moment...

Production companies:

HBO - www.hbo.com

BenderSpink - www.benderspink.com

Kickstart Productions - www.kickstartent.com

Producers:

George Augusto

Chris Bender

Michael De Luca

Howard Deutch (also director) - hrdprods@aol.com

Steve Dillon (also creator and writer)

Garth Ennis (also creator and writer)

Mark Steven Johnson (also writer)

Ken F. Levin

Jason Netter - jnetter@kickstartent.com

J.C. Spink - jspink@benderspink.com

James    38

Kickstart is apparently also doing an animated version of Ennis's The Pro, according to their website.