JohnMcMahon

Preacher the movie? Televangelism!

Really enjoyed the second episode, Jesse as conflicted preacher fighting against his violent nature makes him a far more interesting character than his comic's counterpart. Cassidy's ace, the church scene was wonderfully over-the-top in a funny way - giggled like an idiot when he had to scramble after the rogue arm. The angels (?) are interesting, that attempted exorcism (?) effort was different in an intriguing way.

oh you think they are angels? that makes sense maybe... i thought they would be associates of starr, but then the last scene doesn't make sense

I liked the Big Lebowski bit.

I was on Cassidy's side till he said he didn't like that movie. lmao

dat churchhouse scene

That was so good, it gives Daredevil's fights a run for their money , honestly.

That was alright, plenty there to work with but Jesse's haircut and Cassidy's accent have got to go.

I finally watched this, and my opinion was the exact opposite. Jesse's southern accent was atrocious. I liked the show overall, though. And yeah, the fight in the church was aces. I thought maybe that last scene was a flashback of some sort, but if those guys are supernatural in some way, that would make sense.

I guess maybe I should be more careful about comic references, yeah those guys could be anyone or anything - especially given the differences to the source material already.

The saint !!

i was so hyped and then the rest of the episode... nothing.

i hope they will change setting at some point like in the comic. right now it looks like they are setting up for staying in this hole for a while.

As yet I'm not really sold on it. I do like Eli Dingle* as Cassidy but agree they need to get out of Annville. I'll stick with it though.

* Emmerdale.

I'm guessing a multiple location shoot is probably unfeasible for the first season, especially given the potentially alienating premise. But I found the characters of the comic hard to like in the beginning, in part because of how they take the destruction of Jesse's congregation in stride.

Disappointed over the lack of saint, myself.

Do you reckon the vampire hunters from the pilot are the grail or something?

So that would have been our good friend Herr Starr watching that snuff film, right? I think the show is sticking with the town for the first season to show Jessie being an actual preacher, which the comic skipped right past obviously.

No, I was not all that impressed with last night's ep. They are all over the place in their story telling. Hope something happens quick

I'm enjoying it, but i'm not really sure why they kinda decided to make the sheriff a thousand times less of a total piece of shit ( other than maybe they're scared to have a character say " martian niggers " ) , and Tulip a thousand times more of a bitch ( although i'm actually enjoying Tulip as well. Ruth Negga has a charm of her own . ) It's taking quite a few liberties from the source material, but hey, so do most adaptations nowadays. These adaptations have to have SOME form of originality , otherwise they'd be a bit predictable, wouldn't they ?

I'm not really feeling this.

The show, not a direct response to Devil.

A bit of a slow ep, but I don't mind it too much. If I could handle a whole season of boring eps of Better Call Saul, I can handle one or two from this .

How do we all feel about Cassidy's accent ? My 100 percent Irish, born-straight-from-County-Meath dad thinks it's horrible. I, during his first scene anyways, found it laughably bad as well, but afterwards I kind of... warmed up to it, I guess.

I didn't care much for this episode.

Things seem to be dragging too much and I don't really care for some of the characters that I did like in the comic.

I don't really like Jesse or Tulip.

The Saint of Killers flashbacks are hella ropey. I'm guessing the big reveal of the season finale is that he's still around as heaven's bounty hunter.