JohnMcMahon

Preacher the movie? Televangelism!

That is not surprising. They could never get away with a lot of the stuff in the comic on basic cable TV.

Then there's the obvious chance of Rogan molding it into just another of his movies like he did Green Hornet (and the fucker still hasn't paid for that!)

I'm entirely OK with them diverging from the comic because, quite honestly, after the fantastic first volume I find Preacher to be a largely disappointing waste of an excellent premise.

• Upvote 1

And I do not disagree with you, Mark. But I'd feel a little bit better if it was someone other than Seth Rogan at the helm. Not that I really have anything against him, but just not sure he's our man for the job. We shall see.

• Upvote 1

he's a big fan of the comic, so I don't have a problem with it. a fan will do the comic justice, not just give lip service to being a fan like Francis Lawrence or Zach Snyder. or Joel Schumacher.

he's a big fan of the comic, so I don't have a problem with it. a fan will do the comic justice, not just give lip service to being a fan like Francis Lawrence or Zach Snyder. or Joel Schumacher.

The lip service may still be intact now know certain changes to a certain female character going by Bleeding Cool reports

Black Tulip? I don't think there's any problem there. It's an odd thing to specify at script-level, but it doesn't mismatch with any parts of her character that I can think of. It might make Jesse's flirtation with Cindy in Salvation seem slightly odd, but my guess is that whole section won't be in this anyway.

• Upvote 1

Black Tulip? I don't think there's any problem there. It's an odd thing to specify at script-level, but it doesn't mismatch with any parts of her character that I can think of. It might make Jesse's flirtation with Cindy in Salvation seem slightly odd, but my guess is that whole section won't be in this anyway.

Which is no different from Daryl taking up Tyresse's comic role as Rick's right hand man while the character became a meltoast pacifist that may as well sit in the kids table of poor characterizations w/ Lori, Andrea, Laurel Lance, and Barbara Kean. They basically pulled a Berlanti albeit merging her and Tulip as one thus either no need for Cindy to exist (and as you said that particular section) or they'll give her a different characterization to distinguish her from Tulip

for a preview of Rogan and Goldberg's style of mo0viemaking check out This Is The End. They collaborated together on that movvie. It's very entertaining.

Is it specified at script level or is it more of a casting thing?

Is it specified at script level or is it more of a casting thing?

Script and casting

Looks like Rogen may have been doing sneak reads from this past season Walking Dead scripts. Odin Quincannon is now Vyla Quincannon.

http://deadline.com/2015/04/elizabeth-perkins-cast-preacher-pilot-amc-1201412041/

Based on what I've read on the other changes, it looks like the majority of the comic's structure may been altered too much (I.e. Keeping everything in Annville and less to none traveling)

Man, from what I recall the whole Quincannon arc was a real low point of this series. We'll play the wait and see game.

Man, from what I recall the whole Quincannon arc was a real low point of this series. We'll play the wait and see game.

Going by the description it looks like they're merging Quinncannon with Grandma L'Angel and/or Jodie seeing as Rogen and Goldberg are tying Vyla to John Custer. At this point, I wouldn't be surprised if they rebranded Jesse's mother's maiden name from L'Angel to Quinncannon like Geoff Johns made Martha Wayne's maiden name Arkham for Batman: Earth One