JohnMcMahon

Should we shut down the movie section ?

Should we shut down the movie section ?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should we shut down the movie section ?

• Yes
    • No

At least wait 'til the movie opens and then probably after the dvd hits the forum will become redundant. The film is at least based on Hellblazer so there is some relevence. Hell 'Down the Local' doesn't add any enjoyment to Hellblazer and 90% of what is posted there is pretty much the same topics repeated ad nauseam every few months or so. The film will open sporadically throughout the world next year so at least give them a chance to weigh in their opinions. Plus it'll be a good place to convert any film fans to the comic should the oportunity arise.

No, because I quite enjoy rambling in here, and along with Monthly Title, it's the only forum I check each reply in.

Hell, at least keep it open until the film/DVD/game/whatever come out, and there's definitely no chance of a sequel.

What's the point in destroying it? does it really take up that much webspace?

No, because I quite enjoy rambling in here, and along with Monthly Title, it's the only forum I check each reply in.

Hell, at least keep it open until the film/DVD/game/whatever come out, and there's definitely no chance of a sequel.

What's the point in destroying it? does it really take up that much webspace?

Oddly enough the Game looks A lot like "Nightmare Creatures" for the playstation.. The Graphics an everything look almost Identical..

I say you should keep it up till the Movie/DVD/shit hits the fan/game comes out. ANd waite to see what the other people say of it. I mean A lot of the catwoman comic fans were pissed with the catwoman movie. But when it came out. It turned out to be a Total flop.. By everybody.. Kinda like Gigili...

So anyway, how long after the film comes out do you think we'll have to wait to hear this: "I thought the movie Constantine was so awesome that I thought I'd try out Hellblazer and it was nowhere near as good as Constantine. London is nowhere near as cool as LA, Chas(z?) is way too old and why do they all talk funny. They should make a comic book that's more like Constantine! That'd be wicked cool"?

Oddly enough the Game looks A lot like "Nightmare Creatures" for the playstation.. The Graphics an everything look almost Identical..

I say you should keep it up till the Movie/DVD/shit hits the fan/game comes out. ANd waite to see what the other people say of it. I mean A lot of the catwoman comic fans were pissed with the catwoman movie. But when it came out. It turned out to be a Total flop.. By everybody.. Kinda like Gigili...

And I'd like to hear from people who enjoyed the movie and discuss what they liked without having to search out Constantine-specific sites, or brave the shithole that is the imdb forums.

Nightmare Creatures was ace, though I'm not sure I see the similarity (except, perhaps, the "main weapon/supernatural smart bomb" setup).

What James said. If you want to convert new people both to join the forum and read Hellblazer, keep this section. It's where many new people will show up in the time to come.

What James said mostly.

And it's our outreach programme to the poor Keanu, Shia and Hollywood types.

(As opposed to the integillent ones who post here already.)

It's one of the busier sections - even allowing for interminably dull off topic arguments about Lord of the Rings.

If Hard Core Hellblazer fans don't get anything from this part of the forum, why, they can ignore it ! And I think that if we'd not read the script there'd be a bit more of interest in here.

Because I enjoy ranting about the movie and listening to Tears' spirited defence (even though it's usually completely wrong). I'm also interested to hear the opinions of others who read the script/see the movie, whether they're Hellblazer fans or not. And I want to see what kind of audience the movie will attract to the site.

If you want to snub the movie, ignore this section of the forum, don't ask for it to be nuked.

I didn't. John did.

I'm not that bothered either way. I can get my jollies with my constant jihad or by pretending that it doesn't exist.

I'm kind of enjoying the jihad a bit more though and it's not like they don't deserve it. :biggrin:

The constant jihad is funnier, too.

I got the impression that you were encouraging John to kill the forum since it would be a more effective "snubbing," but nevermind.

Well I do like that idea too.

I've got this suspicion that Warners would prefer that we were making negative comments over us making none at all and you know I'd like to do whatever pisses WB off the most.

They also seem to like playing the "These people hate this film because they are irrational nerds" card and snubbing would take a lot of the power of that statement away.

Because, as much as I piss and moan, this film really is below my (and our) contempt and I know that simply by entering into a discourse (let alone the amount of time and effort I've put in bashing it) I've given it more credibility than it deserves.

Yeah but the point is lots of new people have come to this forum because of this movie, and we've been able to "enlighten" some of them, haven't we. That alone is reason enough for me.

Any posts made by me after 6pm on a Thursday, through till about 6am on the Friday, should probably be ignored as that's my "night out with the boys"(*) and so I'm prone to typing a load of utter tosh when I crawl in the door.

(*) About as gay as it sounds.

Now you see why I want to move in with JMac (see Truth or Dare thread if confused/interested) :biggrin:

I agree with everyone so far. I think we should keep the movie forum around. The discussions are interesting, Tears and Tom are entertaining and I want a place to vent after I get around to seeing the movie, as I'm sure everyone else will. In addition, as Red said, some nice people come around here and end up staying/converted to the Hellblazer cause through the movie forum. So there it is.

Who're the other two 'Yes' votes ?  One of them might be mine.

Yeah, two weeks after the movie comes out in all the countries represented here, you should close this section down. Especially since WB dicked you over about providing you with content. I think we can have whatever little discussions people will want to have post-release will be fine in the comic section.

I wouldn't say they've dicked me about, can understand them giving preference to (MUCH) bigger sites like MTV and we were the first ones to get the teaser trailer and stills.

I honestly don't see any reason to shut it down. Many people post here and there are a couple of interesting discussions going on.

Dou you want to get rid of the Shia/Keanu/Gavinfans so bad?