JohnMcMahon

Should we shut down the movie section ?

Should we shut down the movie section ?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should we shut down the movie section ?

• Yes
    • No

Not too fond of this section, myself. Can't see the point in debating about a movie nobody's seen, regardless of the never ending injustices.

But I feel this section should stay. We've met a fine bunch of folks through the movie and this forum. Many of them have started picking up the comic. SO it's all good in the hood, as they say.

I think this section is often the most fun on the board. I don't want to see it shut down soon. If that happened, I can only think of less congenial places for those of us who want to continue the discussion.

I voted yes but in retrospect I may have been a little hasty.

I am spending less and less time in thi section though but perhaps when the movie has actually been seen by some people then the movie section becomes relevant again.

I think the movie deserves a separate forum at least until it's out in the countries of the various STH members, and we've had a fair chance to see it and discuss the pros and cons.

I imagine there will be many things to discuss amongst the forum members, and questions to be asked and aswered, once the movie is out. I know that some of the die-hard comic fans have declared they will definitely NOT see the movie, but I kind of hope some of them will see it anyway, and join the discussion. Well, who knows... After seeing the international trailer, I'm slightly more optimistic than before (of course they wisely kept little Shia out of sight...).

Also, I think the movie forum is more accessible for new folks who discover this site. Anyone looking for information about the Constantine movie and its connection with the comic will be seeking out the movie forum first. If you make it a part of the comics section, they might be discouraged from posting there (the comics section does feel like a forum for the in-crowd, you know... ;))

Plus it's going to be funny when all these new folk turn up, posting "I loved this film, I've never read the comic, that Holy Shotgun was soooo cool...etc" :biggrin:

Plus it's going to be funny when all these new folk turn up, posting "I loved this film, I've never read the comic, that Holy Shotgun was soooo cool...etc" :biggrin:

Hee. I didn't want to mention it... but I'm already looking forward to the reactions of the Forum lads to that stuff... :p

Did John ever compile that "Constanteen Lovers' FAQ" ?

1) The FUCKING Holy Shotgun is STUPID. No wait, it is FUCKING STUPID.

2) et cetera

Did John ever compile that "Constanteen Lovers' FAQ" ?

1) The FUCKING Holy Shotgun is STUPID. No wait, it is FUCKING STUPID.

2) et cetera

Actually I heard they just changed the nameof that weapon from the Holy Shotgun to the Demonic Shotgun from Antiarc. I'm much more comfortable with that and will now see the film twice instead of once.

Now, Tears, it's "Antioch" and I've been using that line since first news of the DREADFUL "INNOVATION".

Copying someone else's work, go to the back of the class.

Hee. I didn't want to mention it... but I'm already looking forward to the reactions of the Forum lads to that stuff... :p

I hope they do come here looking for more information about the comic. I figure if they're going to go to the trouble of seeking out the comic the film "Constantine" is based on, then they'll probably be bright enough to understand the differences.

That's the positive view. Of course, the negative view is that we get inundated with Shiafans after our blood. :huh:

Close the forum? hehehehehe... boy, John, you sure get wild ideas when you're drunk... remind me to buy you a few pints when i meet you in person ;)

WOW, thats like PSYCHOLOGY, that is. It's as if you two are unconciously awarding the males of this, your tribal grouping, the role of defense.

Or i am happy drunk.?

:wacko:

I'm kinda fixated on the mental image of a 13 year old Constantine-viewer being sectioned after reading Hellblazer #11.

Or at least developing a pronounced stutter.

I'd say that the Ennis issues were more of an problem, really. But could you really be blamed for that?

Voted no. I see it logical to wait at least until the DVD or until the film had been released in most of the countries.