JohnMcMahon

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

I know some folks got this for Christmas, so lets hear some tales of daring do.

My current team is pure grim'n'gritty 90's goodness...

Daredevil, in his black and red armour (!) costume.

Spider-Man in his black gear.

Deadpool in his black and red Weapon-X get-up.

Elektra in all black.

The game gives this group the 'Agile Warriors' group tag. Elektra is kind of rubbish so I'll probably drop her out for Ironman in his War Machine armour.

What system did you get this for because I don't recall Daredevil being in this!!!

But yeah, I've had this game for a while but I never got to finish it as of yet. I stopped playing it a few weeks back, but my absolute favorite person to play with was Luke Cage 8-) . Thor was my second hero to play with.

I played through three times, once on normal and twice on hard, with help and rarely as one player. Final play through on arcade mode. Gold on all training missions.

First time through I made a team with Elektra, DD, Luke Cage, and Spiderman (not a perfect match for the other three but his slow-mo time buff rocked).

Second time through my team XP let me have around ten members so I swapped in whoever's gold wasn't achieved in training until they could handle things properly.

Storm/Black panther/Reed/Sue have Double Date as a team name, gives extra XP!

Hot damn I haven't played this yet but my team will be built around Captain America I can guarantee you that.

I also don't own this yet, but I'm thinking of creating Team Hoss.

Wolverine leading a team comprised of Iron Man, Thor, and Thing.

I had a revolving door team of Iron Man , Captain America , Spider-man , Wolverine , Deadpool and Daredevil all in the 90's black i'm all dark and pissed now uniforms .

I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want I want !

BROWN!

It took me five minutes to find this thread, you swine!

What system did you get this for because I don't recall Daredevil being in this!!!

Daredevil's unlockable on all platforms though, as far as I know, you have to pick up five of the little Daredevil dolls that are lying around various levels of the game.

Do all the characters have unique moves or is it a standard punch/standard kick/unique special move kind of thing?

And does this play out as an RTS, a City of Heroes-style point 'n' click slugfest or a 'proper' action game?

Everyone has standard punch'n'kick moves but each character also has four slots into which they can bung a choice of unique powers into - it costs power to use these...um...powers but there's plenty of that lying around.

For example, playing as Spidey against an AIM chap I swung across the ceiling to him, dropped down on his head, used my Spidey sense to slow down time, plucked away his shield and (in a John-Woo stylee) executed a beautiful 360 degree turn that culminated in my webbing the yellow-suited buffoon to the floor - at which point I executed him with web (not mind) bullets.

It's an action game through'n'through - at the start of each mission you chose four characters to make up your team and can switch between them at will, when you're not controlling them the other three chaps/chapettes will happily lay waste to anyone who looks at them funny.

My current team is pure grim'n'gritty 90's goodness...

...Spider-Man in his black gear.

Would it make me a total dick (and an awful nerd) to point out that Spidey was back in the blue-and-red duds as early as 1988?

It would? Shit.

If I had a console, I'd be itching to pick this up - everything I've seen/heard suggests that it's great fun.

A better example of "90s goodness" may be the silver-armored Spidey.

Please tell that is not an option on the game. If it is and anyone has used it, then shame on you.

I think I want an X-BOX 360. However, purchase of said item would result in my fiance introducing it to my rectum in a very violent manner.

But in what year did Batman get his back broken, Mark ?

Shawn, I've only unlocked three of the four Spidey outfits available - traditional, all-black and Scarlet Spider, so maybe that fourth one is the silver-armour one!

Thanks, John, I actually remembered about the Daredevil thing last night. Man, I really need to play this again. :sad:

But yeah, I believe the Bats had his back broken in '92. I could be wrong, so I can expect Mark to make me feel inferior and correct me any second now... :tongue:

Shawn, I've only unlocked three of the four Spidey outfits available - traditional, all-black and Scarlet Spider, so maybe that fourth one is the silver-armour one!

I'd imagine the fourth one'll be the pre-Civil War 'Iron Spider' outfit, although that'd depend on how long the game was in development, since it's a pretty recent design.

It's really a toss up which is worse though, the Silver Armour suit or the Iron Spider Suit. Both were eye sores.

3 nifty costumes out of 4 for Spider Man ain't bad (of course he's only had 5 different costumes in total, hasn't he).

Is War Machine in the game as one of the suits you can equip for Iron Man?

It's really a toss up which is worse though, the Silver Armour suit or the Iron Spider Suit. Both were eye sores.

3 nifty costumes out of 4 for Spider Man ain't bad (of course he's only had 5 different costumes in total, hasn't he).

Is War Machine in the game as one of the suits you can equip for Iron Man?

War Machine is indeed one of Iron Man's suits and very nifty it looks too :cool:

I played through most of it on the PS2.

Liked it so much that I'm waiting for the PS3 version (I must have some Moon Knight, Colossus action you understand).

My team?

Black Panther (For Invisibility coupled with a critical backstrike), Blade (The time delayed Explosive dagger thingy!), Thor (Throwing Mjolnir for instant knockdown and clipping anyone else on it's return!), Dr Strange (I'm not a big fan, but he rocks in the game) or Silver Surfer (It's all about that board really).

Has anyone played the PSP version at all?

That version exclusively has Black Widow, Hawkeye(Ultimate Hawkeye!), Ronin and Captain Marvel!!!

Hot damn I haven't played this yet but my team will be built around Captain America I can guarantee you that.

Classic Cap, Ultimate Cap, U.S.Agent or my personal fave Ultimate WWII Cap?

Lou, Cap was too good for my team.

Seriously.

You can throw your shield(One would hope!) and then finely control it's trajectory with the control pad.

I would just play as him.

Classic Cap, Ultimate Cap, U.S.Agent or my personal fave Ultimate WWII Cap?

Classic Cap, for sure. 8-)

Fuck, I have this game and still haven't played it. :icon_evil:

Started playing this today. LOTS of fun. They should make a similar one featuring all villains as there's lots of smashing to do.

So my team so far is New Avengers in their classic unis. Cap, Wolverone, Spidey and Iron Man. Although I'm not a huge fan of the Avengers I always focus my Marvel teams like this (My team in Marvel vs Capcom 2 was Cap, Hulk and Iron Man). Not sure why. maybe it's because pound for pound there's not a better set of badassery. Anyway, I can see having some fun with the line up but I need to unlock more characters first. A classic Fantastic Four assault would be killer too.

Just about to embark on the Atlantis mission.