JohnMcMahon

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

Ha! Playing as Deadpool I just talked to the ancient one in Doctor Strange's sanctum, cheap humour but effective. In fact, Deadpool is really growing on me because of this game. On the SHIELD ship at the beginning, a captured SHIELD soldier asks you to free him from his cell, and if you're playing as Deadpool, he starts talking about the price he's gonna charge to release him :D

Deadpool gets all the best lines.

The control system, at least on the 360, is the business - it's sooooo easy to do exactly what you want. My current favourite move - having Spidey web someone to the floor and then switching to Deadpool so I can shoot the fuck out of them.

Decided as i loved the PS2 version so much i'd buy it for the Wii.

Its great its basically the same just better graphics and a hell of alot of fun doing special moves in stupid ways.... even when you really dont need to. ( As in jumping to do a staff slam as moon knight)

Oh yeah and old moony looks the shit in it.

My team at the mo is.

Iron Man

Spider-Man

Daredevil

Moon Knight

and silver surfer on the bench...

Have i used cheats this time round to have all characters and all costumes?

You bet your sweet ass i have!

Decided as i loved the PS2 version so much i'd buy it for the Wii.

Its great its basically the same just better graphics and a hell of alot of fun doing special moves in stupid ways.... even when you really dont need to. ( As in jumping to do a staff slam as moon knight)

Oh yeah and old moony looks the shit in it.

My team at the mo is.

Iron Man

Spider-Man

Daredevil

Moon Knight

and silver surfer on the bench...

Have i used cheats this time round to have all characters and all costumes?

You bet your sweet ass i have!

Crap it's on the Wii too.

Do you have to string together a load of duvet covers to play as Spider-Man?

Course not!

You do have to fling your Wii-mote whilst making the classic hand-gesture to shoot his webbing though.

The one character this game is missing has to be the Hulk - Luke Cage and Ben Grimm are both pretty nifty in the Big Baster stakes but nothing tops the green chap.

I believe they couldn't use the Hulk due to some license issue.

The Punisher would've been pretty fucking cool too - him and Deadpool together, gunning their way through Asgard!

Had it for the PS2 but then my roomie went a got a Xbox360 for himself for Christmas.

Bought this game for the Xbox360 and gameplay on a highdef TV is sweeeeeet. Played through it about 4 or 5 times using all different combinations. Now, I’ve activated all the cheats and I’m just exploring. Thor’s “Wrath of the Gods” cleans up verrry nicely. But it’s fun to shoot ‘em up with Deadpool. Just a kick ass game.

At the moment I’m using

Thor

Deadpool

Dr. Strange…I like levitating people off of ledges and cliffs.

Iron Man

Luke Cage earned his spot in the rotation, especially in his heros for hire gig. Tough as nails.

His Block-Party pound-the-ground move is pure Hulk and pure awesome!

Bought this game for the Xbox360 and gameplay on a highdef TV is sweeeeeet.

I'm stunned at how much better this particular game looks on a HD tele, the character models really benefit and as they're the main appeal of the thing....

I like where you roll up, grab a guy and start punching him in the face and then switch buttons so that your bashing his head against the pavement until he passes out.

Also he'll pick up Wolverine and throw him at enemies!

I like where you roll up, grab a guy and start punching him in the face and then switch buttons so that your bashing his head against the pavement until he passes out.

HAHA! That's my favorite move through out the whole game thus far, his grapple move. The ground attack is mega fun using.

And boy! I didn't know he could do the fast ball special!!! :ohmy:

I must play the game once again!

Colossus can pick up enemies and basically use them to smack around other enemies, very nice.

I've settled into a routine where I alternate between the FF in their classic costumes and my own team of Deadpool, Wolverine, Ghost Rider and Blade. Although half way through the game and I've pretty much tried everyone in order to unlock extra costumes. Much prefer Spider-Woman's SHIELD outfit to her default costume.

Fuck you, Doom!

After fighting through pretty much every recognisable spot in the Marvel Universe, I finally managed to corner Doom and give him a good talking to...after which, Bendis was fired and Mark Millar took over, so I then kicked his (Doom's not Millar's) teeth in and raped him up the bum. Having kept a pretty set team (Daredevil, Spider-Man, Iron Man and Deadpool) for the guts of the game, the final confrontation wasn't particularly hard but it was fun - which is really what the game delivered in spades throughout. Have to give a quick mention of the animation during....

...the Galactus scrap - the camera following the Surfer as he zoomed around his giant master made for spectactular viewing

The game features an epilogue which runs through the various side-quests, spinning a little yarn about the effects of your either having succeeded or failed at same - this was a really nice touch and something I'd like to see carried over to other games.

I'm not sure if it merits another go through - I missed two of the side quests and didn't unlock the Black Panther...it's somewhat tempting to take a Deadpool/Fury/Cap/Blade team through just so I can shoot the fuckery out of anything that moves.

Beat this yesterday. Doom is a big sissy and his dark FF cronies kept me and the boys in good health.

Loved the little joint at the end that tells you what ramifications your actions will cause in the future. Loved the scene that opens this up for a sequel.

Now I think I'm gonna go through it again with some different teams to unlock more characters and level up some others.

Moral of the story : don't be fucking with Galactus.

Some of us know that without playing the game.

Go tell that to Thor, Norse-fucking-prick.

Well, I also know not to be fucking with Thor.

Verily, Matt Murdock doth enjoy sneaking into his room at night and hiding Mjolnir on him.

Which is the answer (Of sorts) to one of the ingame Marvel trivia questions!

During times of need, Matt Murdock has never lifted Mjolnir.

The Ingame Marvel trivia was great, you realise just how little you know.

I'm sure Christian would breeze it though.

Yeah, they had one of those ingames in X-Men Legends II asking trivia from the X-comics. I cleaned up so many bonus points with that thing.

My friend and I just went through the game (in about 15 hours spread out over 3 days). Wolverine was used throughout and by the end, was unkillable. I did all the trivia challenges and surprised myself when I didn't get a single question wrong. I'm surprised I'm that much of a loser, especially since I don't really like the Marvel Universe.

Anyway, not sure if we're going to go back and unlock more stuff or do the side missions since we pretty much kicked the game's ass and felt unrewarded for doing so; seriously, Dr. Doom was a big, fat pussy.