JohnMcMahon

Marvel Ultimate Alliance

The ending was, in my opinion, surprisingly rewarding. I'm used to doing this style of game for the reward of leveling up and seeing Marvel universe stuff on screen, but this one had the quite elaborate run down of everything you did, showing it as the result of my actions. What's to complain about?

Hard mode made it difficult enough that the second time through was still engaging, and doing the second time through nets you some big achievements if you do it arcade style. Which we did. With two guys it was pretty neat as we are competitive and every board gives you a run down of who was best, complete with extra XP.

We used Wolvie all the way too.

Woot!

10 euro sounds a little on the steep side but for a team with the Hulk and Sabretooth in it, I'm mighty tempted....

Ultimate Alliance DLC for 360

Marvellous news for Ultimate Alliance fans, and not just that we won't be able to use that joke again for a while: April will see the release of downloadable content for the Xbox 360 version, introducing eight new playable characters.

With the new packs on your hard disk, you'll be able to add The Incredible Hulk, Magneto, Hawkeye, Sabretooth, Doctor Doom, Cyclops, Nightcrawler and even Venom into your games - providing you're prepared to cough up the requisite Microsoft points.

Activision says that the individual "Hero Pack" and "Villain Pack" (a split down company lines, you understand) will go for 500 Microsoft points (GBP 4.25 / EUR 5.82) apiece, while a "Combined Hero and Villain Pack" will cost you 800 Microsoft points (GBP 6.80 / EUR 9.30).

What's more, each character will have their own signature powers, skins, dialogue, conversations and even unlockable achievement points - suggesting that Marvel: Ultimate Alliance could be one of the first game to offer the extra 250 points that Microsoft's new gamerscore policy allows.

Need this for the PS3.

That said the PS3 version (Or the XBOX 360 version for that matter) was quite graphically underwhelming compared to it's PS2 counterpart.

She no play well with the Six Axis either.

I've seen the 360 version and the PS2 version and the 360 is not a direct port, but considering the difference in power, it wasn't THAT much better.

For the 360, we get to download a ton more content though, which makes my heart smile.

Ah ha! I gots the game!

After being captured by the Manderin, Dr. Strange has assembled The Mystic Avengers!!!

Team Roster:

Dr. Strange-Master of the Mystic Arts!

Silver Surfer-who is holding a place until I unlock some other guys (I used a code that came with the game to get Mr. Radd)

Thor-God of Thunder!!! (Classic costume)

Elektra-She who has entered Death's Realm....and returned!!!

Waiting for Ghost Rider and Jefferson Twi...er...I mean Blade.

Currently, we are treking through Murderworld. Fuck you, Arcade!

Dr. Strange is one of the best characters in the game.

Once you've got his 'grab spell' use it to pick up tough opponents and hurl them off of cliffs--- it's an easy way to get rid of enemies.

Dr. Strange is one of the best characters in the game.

Once you've got his 'grab spell' use it to pick up tough opponents and hurl them off of cliffs--- it's an easy way to get rid of enemies.

All my friends told me that Strange was weak, but I told them, "You are wrong, for he is the Sorcerer Supreme of our world, and the Master of the Mystic Arts!"

My friends were not impressed.

My youngest brother who I play the game with loves Doctor Strange. That's his best character, my best started out as Thor, then Luke Cage, and now I'm obsessed with Blade. My baby sister plays with Storm or Spider-man. But now, we hardly play and when we do, we play separately with our own files. So far, my baby sister has reached the end by herself, so she's way a head of us. :laugh:

But yeah... I'm actually tempted in making my own "Black Avengers" (Blade, Luke Cage, Black Panther, and Storm) to kick some of "Tha Man's Ass!!!" :icon_mgun: :tongue:

Another team that is good is Invisible Woman/Elektra/Spider-Woman/Ms. Marvel. Now those are some straight-haired ho's.

What?

You have to unlock Blade in some incomprehensible manner though, don't you?

I tell you, Team Hoss is the best! They kick ass!

Wolverine (team leader), Thor, Iron Man, Thing.

No one can touch us!

And if Iron Man decides to fly off a cliff in an alcoholic withdrawal suicidal state, as he is wont to do in the game....then you've got Dr. Strange as a back-up! And if he decides to take Thor with him, because he's psycho....then you've got Ghost Rider as a back-up!

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance is the greatest comic book based game ever made and I love it.

Going to Atlantis, the Netherworld, ASGARD?! Ah yes.....

And why is Dr. Doom such a wimp?

Blade is easy, now as for Daredevil, Black Panther and Silver Surfer :icon_evil:

Heh, yeah, I wanted to unlock those characters the good old fashion way, but Angelo (my youngest brother) used a cheat to unlock them all. I was pissed, but I went straight for Daredevil! :laugh:

And, oh yes! Ghost Rider is too much of the man in this game!! Just plain awesome!

How do you unlock Blade?

You have to find the dolls of D.D. and Black Panther to unlock them.

I have no idea how to unlock Silver Surfer either.

And, the mystery character you unlock for beating the game is....Nick Fury?! What the hell? What kind of let-down is that?

I was expecting Surfer was the mystery character you get for beating the game....but nope.

You get Blade really early on during the Arcade Murder-world stage. You have to win Blade from a game machine (I forget what its called) where you have a hook/claw and you have to pick up the toys and drop them in the hole. Blade is a toy there and when you take him, he becomes a playable character.

Silver Surfer I believe gets unlocked after you beat the Galactus level.

Nope. I thought Surfer was unlocked by beating the Galactus level, but he wasn't.

Hmm.. well, I don't know then. As I stated, my brother cheated to unlock him. Maybe if you browse online for cheats for the game or how to unlock certain characters the "proper" way, it'd be explained.

Nope. I thought Surfer was unlocked by beating the Galactus level, but he wasn't.

I think you have to complete all comic book missions, which require you to actually find all the comic book mission discs first in the game itself.

I think you have to complete all comic book missions, which require you to actually find all the comic book mission discs first in the game itself.

My game came with the "exclusive Gamestop code" to unlock Surfer...I used it, and because it came with the game, this is not cheating. Because I say so.

Oh, and the official roster of the Mystic Avengers now includes Blade.

To: STH Message Board

Greetings from Asgard!

(Daredevil says Hi, too!)

-The Mystic Avengers:

Dr. Strange

Blade

Ghost Rider

Elektra

Thor

Heh, it's surprising how much the presence of familiar characters can elevate the enjoyment level of an otherwise pretty average game, isn't it ?

The new character packs appeared on X-Box Live for about 5 seconds before being pulled, they'll be my first purchase ever from Live as the lure of the Hulk fuching smashing is far too powerful to resist.

Heh, it's surprising how much the presence of familiar characters can elevate the enjoyment level of an otherwise pretty average game, isn't it ?

What's funny is that if I was going with favorite characters, it would be:

Spider-Man

Dr. Strange

Silver Surfer

and, i dunno...Captain America or Iron Man

Took care of Doctor Doom. You know. No big whup.

Started again with what I am calling "Team Black"or "Black Ops"

-Nick Fury

-Spider woman, agent of S.H.I.E.L.D.

-Deadpool (in Ultimate garb)

-Elektra (assasin)

-Wolverine-(Ultimate)

I'm swapping Elektra and Wolvie back and forth.

What the hell would you do for a sequel, BTW?