JohnMcMahon

Didn't I read that in a comic once ?

Bug in the glass - is it a reference to his bug prison from Dead Boy's Heart, or do we have it somewhere else...?

Nah, they're all from different Hellblazer stories though your post reminded me to add -

Cancer, of course.

edit for Rogan : John traps a bug in a glass and smokes it to death in the #8.

Ravenscar Mental Hospital.

Papa Midnite.

Ellie.

ChaZ.

The conversation with Gabriel, except with the point completely missed.

Oh yeah - and the drippy feet in the MTV trailer are obviously those of Satan pulling a First-of-the-Fallen-like Crucifixion pose.

I'll be impressed if they put that bit in the film as shown in the comic, actually. How often do screen devils do something that blasphemous?

I'll be impressed if they put that bit in the film as shown in the comic, actually. How often do screen devils do something that blasphemous?

I'd be really impressed if that's in the film. I thought it was a very powerful image in the comic. Was it in the script you saw?

Ravenscar is the hospital where Angela's sister kills herself. I don't recall any mention of John staying there in the film, though there is a vague mention of some Astra-style occurrence in one scene.

I'd be really impressed if that's in the film. I thought it was a very powerful image in the comic. Was it in the script you saw?

Not that I remember. I was wincing after the prayer bit, though, so it might have slipped by me.