ShoppingTub

Graffiti on Issue #214

Just re-reading a couple of issues and i came to issue #214, as i looked at the cover and especialy the graffiti I noticed the names of all the forums regulars, how cool is that, most of you on here have become a part of comic history.

how did it all come about

Just re-reading a couple of issues and i came to issue #214, as i looked at the cover and especialy the graffiti I noticed the names of all the forums regulars, how cool is that, most of you on here have become a part of comic history.

We are all just that cool.

Actually, Tim Bradstreet sometimes comes around here to tell us what's going on with his life and career, and some members on the board have helped him out by sending pics of London locations for backgrounds and Jelly Babies (really!). As a thanks, he put a bunch of us on the wall. Ade and JMac have ben mentioned on other covers, though.

We all changed our screen names after that cover came out.

We all changed our screen names after that cover came out.

I mispelled mine, though. It's JNova on the wall.

I ate them jelly babies.

And the graffitti wall is my photo of a lock up in Streatham.

Actually, this is my favourite contribution to the world of Tim Bradstreet's lovely covers:

hb213.jpg

I ate them jelly babies.

Actually, this is my favourite contribution to the world of Tim Bradstreet's lovely covers:

(Extremely adorable but unsettling cover)

Mine too, dog!

There will never come a time when the cover for #194 fails to bring my geek on - don't tell anyone, but I bought myself two copies with the full intent of bagging one so I'd always have it. Being rubbish, of course, both have since just disappeared into the big stack of HB comics I have sitting on one of my bookshelves.

The boys pretty much answered your question, Tub - I'm pretty sure there's a thread around somewhere about that cover.

Yeah, we immediately made the "BEST COMIC BOOK COVER EVER!" thread after that came out, where we all reveled in the fact that we were larger than life comic book gods!

he he

I ate them jelly babies.

Yeah, that is pretty awesome. Too bad you burned down your flat to get the pic, though. So who gave him the pics to the side of John?

There will never come a time when the cover for #194 fails to bring my geek on

And now it's been printed in TPB your infamy is assured!

I was in a comic shop with a friend rcently and I showed him it (again) and he acted suitable impressed.

Am I a full geek now?

I remember the first time I saw this cover posted here I was excited, I thought it was awesome, although I didn't see my name. But that month I had to save up money and limit my comics and HB was going to be one of those books I was gonna pick up for another time, but then I noticed my name in the comic shop and I had to pick it up, heh heh. So much for saving. :blush:

Yeah, Tim - being the pro that he is - actually went back and added names that he'd missed on the first pass. What a gent.

Just recently did this issue come out where I live.

You cannot imagine my anger when I found these gits had covered my name with some logo thing.

I still regret burning down that comic book store, though. It was a nice store, and it wasn't really their fault.. But the anger had to come out somehow, right?

thats very cool guys, just the fact that some of you helped by sending pics and stuff let alone your names on the cover is unreal

just spoted john and ade on my copy of #194 thats amazing aswell you dont know how envious I am

Least I could do for this fine community of malcontents.

I was one issue away from departing the title, it was my way of saying thanks for letting me hang around here for a few years. I haven't hit the forum much lately (just busy as a knotted fuckwipe) but I stop by from time to time. You can mostly catch me in the comics section plugging current projects like Criminal Macabre.

I'll be back to that thread very soon as the issues have finally started hitting stores.

Incidentally, the graffiti cover is one of my faves too.

Love to the Nun's Chuff -

- tb

(just busy as a knotted fuckwipe)

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

That's my phrase of the day.

Good to hear from you, Tim.