Mr. Tom Willecome

Andy Diggle and Guy Ritchie

They've got Greg Horn on for a cover and they opt for something with no tits ?

Madness!

Anyway, lot of folks have a serious anti-Ritchie thing going on at the mo but I still love his vibe so this could be good.

His sole involvement was a one sentence outline.

I wish I could get paid for that sort of thing.

"How about...ummm...a Swedish au pair? Who fights crime on the mean streets of Aberdeen, with the aid of a plucky-and-resourceful orphan boy, and a radioactively-mutated, super-intelligent kitten? Have Mark Millar write it, and fax me when he's done so I can sign the last page. That'll be $5,000, please".

They've got Greg Horn on for a cover and they opt for something with no tits ?

Having said that, the cover is mint. An ace pastiche of 69s/70s thriller movie posters. A+

It's not bad - certainly better than a lot of Horn's stuff (I'm not a fan), but I wouldn't call it 'ace.' Alright, perhaps, but nowt special, and the colouring doesn't do it any favours - that hand looks like it's made of plastic, for a start. The whole thing has that shiny, over-rendered look which Horn seems to favour, and it's badly at odds with that gritty thriller mood which the design seems to be aiming for.

Still, he gets points for actual compositional effort, and lack of tits.

And, rather more pertinently, isn't by Greg Horn. I do rather like that one, although not as much as you do.

This is Horn's effort - you can see why I was a bit surprised to see you apparently calling it 'mint', 'cos it isn't.

Hmmm....looking at it again you might well be right, although why it appears to have a thumbnail and fingerprints I'm not sure.

It's got seams and leather grain, not a thumbnail; but you're right, the tone of the Horn variant cover is at odds with the "gritty thriller mood" of the other cover. Looks more suited to a kids' war comic like Battle / Action Force.

Based on the other Gamekeeper cover, I assume Guy Ritchie is writing it and Andy Diggle is drawing it. :)

The puff piece on CBR is a fair old load of toss. Apparently —

Through "Lock Stock" and "Snatch," Ritchie has single handedly given the British cinema the injection it needed to get back on its feet. ... Can Ritchie do for comics what he did for British cinema?

Well... the answer is probably "yes"... but I thought I saw some other names in the credits of those movies...

The article is all over Ritchie; it's not until the very last question that the interviewer asks,

What does your artist, Mukesh Singh, bring to a project like this? Of what you've seen thus far, what do you think?

What does the artist bring to a comic book? Indeed.

To his credit, Andy subversively says,

Guy's initial idea was simply that of an emotionally scarred individual who works as the gamekeeper (or groundsman) of a British country estate, and who uses his intimate knowledge of wildlife and the nature to become the ultimate killer - a reluctant assassin of sorts. I just took that seed of an idea and ran with it, creating a detailed plot and backstory for the Gamekeeper and the supporting characters who populate his world....This is an Andy Diggle comic, not a Guy Ritchie movie...

I wish I could get paid for that sort of thing.
Edited by JasonT

Hmmm....looking at it again you might well be right, although why it appears to have a thumbnail and fingerprints I'm not sure.

Fingerprints = leather texture (note that they go horizontally, not in spirals).

Nail = the bit done the sides of the gloves where two separate sections of leather have been stitched together.

Yes, I see that now. The overall effect still does nothing for me, though.