JohnMcMahon

Hellblazer Torrents

I often hear people saying that they are buying a book despite not liking the current storyline, because they hope it will get better when a new writer comes on board. The habits of people buying every single book that features Character X are well documented. Also, there are the dedicated readers of Book A who campaign vociferously against changes they don't like (and in the case of Book G, for many years after it should have ceased to be an issue). So why do people carry on buying comics when they're not enjoying them?

My name is Adrian and I am a recovering comics addict.

It has been six months since I last used Book H.

http://www.ninthart.com/display.php?article=387

That was written at the start of the Azzarello decline.

Of course, I got myself a better dealer and he got me hooked again.

I hear that there's some good quality "H" about to hit the streets again.

Haven't read your article yet but I intended dropping Mina's run after the one-shot but the word on the next issue was quite good so I caved, bought it and really quite enjoyed it - this is the one with Constantine stalking through a deserted Glasgow looking for cigs.

From there, it was only five issues and given the scarcity of Hellblazer in torrent form, I decided to see out her run.

I'm going to change the name of this thread back to what it was, cause the coyness about torrenting irks me (I believe it's a good way to build an audience).

Whilst I don't own legit copies of every tele programme I've downloaded, my sizeable DVD collection doesn't include a single series that didn't premier on my Hard Drive.

The only instance in which download >= actual product is music.

Right, because music is the only medium that's pretty much reached the zenith of technological advancement, whereas movies and TV will continue to develop higher and higher definitions, thus staying too large for bandwidth.

And then we'll have holo-telly...

Same here, as the process of getting them onto the proper tele just isn't worth it.

I'd rather watch them on TV though, so if I watch something I consider to be most excellent (The Shield, The Wire, Entourage, Rome) then I have no real hesitation in paying for it on DVD.

Haven't read your article yet but I intended dropping Mina's run after the one-shot but the word on the next issue was quite good so I caved, bought it and really quite enjoyed it - this is the one with Constantine stalking through a deserted Glasgow looking for cigs.

From there, it was only five issues and given the scarcity of Hellblazer in torrent form, I decided to see out her run.

Were you hoping that someone would point you towards the Hellblazer torrents so you wouldn't have to admit to buying the issues?

Don't be daft.

I was hoping someone would produce links to up-to-date Hellblazer torrents that I could pass onto.....well, people who've been asking me for Hellblazer scans.

edited to add : just dropped by Demonoid and #228 is up there to be downloaded (outside of the DCP pack).

...and going through sites this morning, some enterprising chap had started filling in the Hellblazer blanks a few days before I wrote the opening post in this thread.

hey john, could you post a link to where you found 228,cause i cant find it :D

Me too!

I wonder if either of the two big US comic companies have tried getting themselves on iTunes - being able to buy downloads through same for, say, a euro would be most excellent.