JohnMcMahon

Hellblazer Torrents

Let's see: Cost of producing an Essentials edition versus cost of providing same as a paying download ...

they could even release them in instalments eg a year's worth in one batch. About 30 comics for £10, which probably works out at £3 profit for publisher and creators, so who would not download an Essentials ("in color" !) for £3 ? (Yes, I know some people are only in it for free stuff, but isn't it nice to value our art?)

I imagine they plan to wait until stuff passes that 90 year copyright barrier so they don't have to pay the writers and artists.

That's the actual price of the Essentials.

But we're talking about downloads.

And the publishers making almost the same profit. I doubt many would buy a download comic for much more than they'd pay for a music mp3.

Ade's done the maths, that's why he's the brains of the operation, I just went with a euro cause that's the cost of the average single track on iTunes.

Also, the average comic is between 3.50 and 4 euro here.

Also, the average comic is between 3.50 and 4 euro here.

Jesus, that's steep!

Our comics are between $2.99 and $3.99 over in the States.

Or $1.99 if Fell ever comes out again.

the average imported comic here is around 5 dollars,I WIN!

Thanks for putting that up, Ade. I'd kinda dropped it a few months ago.

In the most minor way possible. :(

Thats why I havent bought a comic book in paper since i was 15.

Hey guys-- I never post, just lurk but I enjoy reading your comments on HB. And my God does Mina suck; I can't read that tripe. Anyway I saw a post about someone looking for HB on bittorrent and I have been using this tracker for some time now:

http://trackerb.zcultfm.com:6969/

If you search for "DCP" and look in the 1/29 "DCP & Friends" HB #228 is available. If you know how to work torrents you can specifiy to DL just that HB file. The other HB's are on there too you just have to look.

Hope it helps!

Syd

thanx man,i was looking for that one.

I'm not sure the chaps at Z-Cult appreciate their private trackers being divulged.

At any rate, I recommend using this:

http://www.dcpsearch.co.uk/searchform.php

if the issue you look for is in any pack, it'll find the torrent for it. If it's not, try again the next day or so.

Or, check here (you need to register). They're not torrents, but hey.

http://cbrforums.picsandstuff.com/index.php?topic=715.0

That's just the Hellblazer thread. They've got sections for all publishers and imprints, and threads for most series. Also a section with the latest scans divided in weekly threads.

I posted this the other day, but nobody seemed to notice.

Hope it helps.

On 1/28/2007 at 7:55 PM, JohnMcMahon said:

Me too!

I wonder if either of the two big US comic companies have tried getting themselves on iTunes - being able to buy downloads through same for, say, a euro would be most excellent.

Did you ever get paid for this idea?

And does someone have scans, as I appear to be missing a few issues from my archive

Still waiting for my cut and they're charging outrageous amounts for new digital comics.  Sales are frequent though and it's possible to grab collected editions for very reasonable prices when they roll around.  As with real books, physical is better than digital but they storage issues when it comes to comics are insurmountable for me (there's too many of them!).

What issues are you missing ?