TearsInRain

New Super Quicktime Trailer

The interntational trailer can be found here.

I can kinda see where James is (ahem) coming from with the Weisz breathing bit but that boils down to perception, in the US trailer she's putting her goods on display.

Guest spiderlegs

Yeah, I can't run .asp files on my Mac at work. Is there a QT version of the international trailer anywhere?

I confess that the American trailer is growing on me. I watched it a few more times and now I think the last part is really great.

Well, I was reading your comments here about the dripping feet ... I know it´s Spoiler, but could someone, please, say to me what they mean in the Dangerous Habits storyline. I don´t remember it in the bits a read on the web.

The "good idea" I referred to was actually using that scene from the comic. Which IS a good idea.

Tenner says they don't have the balls to stick a crown of thorns on him, in fact I'll be surprised if he even has his arms outstretched.

It's on, John. You can pay me in beer in Bristol.

Maybe its one reason why they moved the film into 2005, to get it as far away from The Passion of the Christ as possible to avoid comparisons.

It would be really lame to make comparisons between Passion of Christ and Constantine just because one little bit has a Jesus. I don't think that's the reason why they postponed it.

Hollywood director in "steals good idea from another source" non shocker!

Surely the fact that this 'other source' is actually the book on which his film is nominally based goes some way towards ameliorating that one?

Guest spiderlegs

I'll ask again:

Is anyone aware of an international trailer in a format OTHER than .asp?

Thank you in advance.

Tenner says they don't have the balls to stick a crown of thorns on him, in fact I'll be surprised if he even has his arms outstretched.

With a crown, bleeding and with horns?.. Don't think so. For some reason I keep thinking back to the Stigmata instead of the Dangerous habits storyline.

Guest spiderlegs

So, I finally got to see the international trailer. I see that due to editing, it doesn't make it seem as bad as the American trailer does. Ultimately, I think a few more people will be fooled into thinking it will be a good film if all they see is the international trailer.

So, I finally got to see the international trailer. I see that due to editing, it doesn't make it seem as bad as the American trailer does. Ultimately, I think a few more people will be fooled into thinking it will be a good film if all they see is the international trailer.

OR.. the movie is actually better than you think...

I'll go out on a limb and say it's much better than any of the trailers so far.

No one has ever told me this, but I've gotten the impression that movie publicity is intended to sell a movie to people who are most likely to enjoy it and give it good word of mouth. I've seen intelligent, interesting movies made to look lowbrow, and vice versa, so I don't think the process works perfectly - or even very well for some films that defy classification and demographic-chasing. (I'm not saying that Constantine is such a film. The American trailer might accurately portray the movie, which is not a happy thought.)

I think the people who go and see Constantine for the action, after seeing the Shotgun Poster and trailers, will be a little dissapointed because I think (considering the lenght of the movie) it's not just action, action, action. Even though I haven't read the script I get the impression that there is some kind of story too that they give some screentime. And besides that, I think we have already seen all the action/ SFX moments since the trailers all full of em.