Guest Guest

Official Constantine Site (German)

Thanks for taking the time out to pass that along man!

Interactive content that culminates in you being able to mail a friend about it - now that's more bloody like it. Sure, it's as simplistic as buggery but it reeks of that mood I just mentioned on the 'Quicktime Trailer' thread - especially liked the photo bit at the very end.

There's new footage in there, along with obvious signs that more content will be added over time (the chapter breaks along the top and it may even say that flat out in the German bit at the end).

How come the Germans - THE BLOODY GERMANS! - can make an interesting Constantine site and the Yanks can't ?

Ah, but ze germans are very clever, jah?

Und die Amerikaner sind sehr inkompetent, oder nicht?

:D (Ye gods, I really REALLY suck at german. Then again, I've never studied it...)

Tom, that's the obvious downside, especially with the European logo but then they can only do so much with what they're given to work with.

Anyway, John once cut a priest's cock off with a razorblade, isn't that how you become Pope ?

Guest, didn't mean to imply that they weren't official sites - interesting to note the release dates which show that foreign-europe will be getting it a day or two before yankee-land.

Anyway up for some translating ?

Wow that was special alright

Well done, you squareheaded blokes. Talk about smooth, and quite nice picks of content too, so much more intreiging than the hollywood "Something for all tastes, not enough for anyone with taste " approach.

Quite a different image left in my head, than by all that helter skelter of the other clips.

Top notch, old chap.

Guest Guest

Reason is the release day for movies is on a Thursday in Germany.

And may on a Wednesday in France.

Guest, didn't mean to imply that they weren't official sites - interesting to note the release dates which show that foreign-europe will be getting it a day or two before yankee-land.

There've been all kinds of rumours about the release dates in Europe, especially in the UK/Ireland where the last we've heard is that we'll be getting it a month after everyone else.

Go and look at it - it's really quite good.

I did before I posted, and I agree. Quite funny seeing the trailer dubbed to german, though... :lol:

Or put English subtitles on it - "Cor Blimey mate, Constantine's all Pat Malone down the near and far".

Totally missed the bits down the bottom the first time, character bios for the two leads and a small image gallery, stellar work by all concerned.

from the site in Spanish, a translation in a hurry.

John Constantine

John Constantine has already seen more than most (people) see in their entire lifetimes. A loner that walks between two worlds: ours and the supernatural one. The few friends he has are vastly outnumbered by his innumerable enemies  who hope to meet him once again ... after his death.

Angela Dodsen

Tough, clever and beautiful, Angela is a LAPD detective. Her sister's mysterious death binds her inexorably to John Constantine. Guided by her instincts, now she believes in things she never thought possible.

Brill - thanks for taking the time to do that.

I'm in love with that final bit on the German site where you put the photo back together and the little movie bit plays "Cccooonnssstttannntttiinnneee".

glad to be of service.

I can't load the trailer, so I don't know if it's the international one or not. They do have a list of release dates for Latin America, though, and for reasons I chose not to speculate about, here it'll start playing on March 3rd, a week or two earlier than the other countries. I wasn't really expecting a February release date. Just about everyone who can afford it goes away for summer holidays during February.

Yeah, that's great. Not exactly Donnie Darko, but it's a hell of a lot more captivating than the dead US site. Presumably they're adding to it, too, since I only got to III on those Roman numerals at the top.

What does it say when you try to click on TRAILER II? And isn't TRAILER I just the American teaser dubbed into German?

The emphasis on the "T" as a crucifix in the European logo makes it look like the film is about the Roman Emperor Constantine rather than a supernatural thriller.

The emphasis on the "T" as a crucifix in the European logo makes it look like the film is about the Roman Emperor Constantine rather than a supernatural thriller.

Emperor Teodosio was born in my village, Coca (Roman Kauka, no more laughs please, I got enough with Rogan and my real name).

About the oficial webpages... DAMNIT! They're making me want to go and watch it in cinema... Tom, Tom, help me! I'm changing my mind! Don't let it happen!

Yeah, wish the American site looked like this. And was able to see their trailer. There's some shots from the US trailers, but it must be the international version since there was creepier scenes, like more scenes from an exorcism, more demons being shown, and such. Now if they had showed a trailer like that in the States, I might actually want to see the movie.

Don't have the skillset for the job, and DBAing pays far better than freelance web design - I just don't understand the half-arsed approach to the trailer and website that're being aimed at the biggest likely box office for the flick.