Jon

The dark spider-knight returns

Yeah but with the Hulk it makes more sense because he was at Ground Zero of a nuclear blast. Peter was just bitten by a radioactive spider.. Big difference.

Oh and the idea of Peter tongue kissing his zombified wife is just stupid as hell. Yeah he's the everyman now, Andrews :icon_rolleyes: .. (Jackass)

So the story starts out as Peter getting his powers back and having a really bad day to becoming a necrophiliac.

He went from the every man to somebody you see on Hardcopy or 60 mins.

Peter David retconned the Betty banner dying story tho. At the end of his Nightmare arc, Betty ended up washed up on the Island where Hulk was. Tho the story was never touched on again, it went straight to House of Dog shit then to Planet Hulk(which is awesome. Oh and World War Hulk is going be all kinds of madness.)

I thought it was Paul Jenkins that ret-conned the Betty dying story?

(I should really know this since I read the Jenkins run, but never read the second Peter David run....)

But wait, did the second David run come after the Bruce Jones run? Because Betty was alive in the Bruce Jones run. She was infected with gamma radiation and working for the shadow government against the Hulk.

I thought it was Paul Jenkins that ret-conned the Betty dying story?

(I should really know this since I read the Jenkins run, but never read the second Peter David run....)

But wait, did the second David run come after the Bruce Jones run? Because Betty was alive in the Bruce Jones run. She was infected with gamma radiation and working for the shadow government against the Hulk.

I only read the first trade of Bruce Jones run, but I think she was a live. So it could have been Jones who ret-conned it. I don't really know. I started reading the Hulk when Peter David came back. In fact I should still keep looking for his old issues of the comic. Heard his stuff was pretty damn good and pretty damn funny. Hulk Hogan getting uppercut ed by Mr.Fix-it.

Peter David's original run on Hulk is without a doubt the best work ever on that title.

Especially the 1980s stuff is very well worth finding. I love those issues!

The book drops in quality a bit during the early-90s, but picks up again as the 90s progress, but it never gets as good as David's early issues.