JohnMcMahon

Captain America Is A Fucking Pussy

His fucking 13th hour revelation is as much out of character as everyone else in that series.

Fucking rubbish.

I flogged the run as soon as I'd read it.

Still hopefully Brubaker's Cap in Prison will read as well as his Daredevil bit.

Ultimate Captain America would have kicked all their dirty asses and the asses of anyone who even hinted at that kind of wussy talk.

Millars never been good at dialog. Even his Ultimates have only been good because of the action. Everything else is just lame.

Ha! Great cartoon!

Just finished Civil War #7 and it was pretty much poop but y'all know that.

Hope I can get some dough off the Bay.

I believe the end of Civil War shows how far removed from our world that the Marvel Universe is, and that broad, sweeping generalization allegories should not be used in superhero comics.

Yes, you can make a statement about our world through superhero comics, but not when it's a WORLD CHANGING MULTI-MEGA ACTION CROSS-OVER!

I mean, what broad message are we suppsed to get about our world with the ending of Civil War?

And, I ask that because it's what Marvel made the readers expect. Marvel stated that this whole series is a literary triumph for comics detailing the current political climate in America.

So, what are we supposed to learn about our world from this Great American Comic-Novel, huh Marvel?

I would have ended Civil War with The hulk landing and when the dust cleared, The Hulk had his hand wrapped around Iron mans neck "I'm Back.", then you see a panel of a huge armada from Sakaar hovering over earth.

"The Battle has Ended, but the war has just begun."

Every super hero then has a look like :o "We're fucked."

Appernatly we're supposed to learn that when it comes down to it and you are ready to stand for what you believe in you'll just give up in the end. Oh Marvel tsk tsk tsk tsk! Oh and we learned that contrived bullshit marketing campaigns don't sell comics good art and writing does!

I really fucking want your last sentence to be what we all really learn....

But somehow I have my doubts, and here's my take:

Capt. America was representing the side of the protesters. And since we don't have an actual violent revolution occuring in America right now, they can only represent those who oppose the President's actions. Which leaves the message as, "Isn't a united nation living in slavery, better than a divided, factional nation? Huh?". And, at the end, we see that Tony Stark has some really good ideas to improve the nation, and since he represents the side of the government, we must assume that maybe George Bush has some really good ideas for improving our society, if we just give him a chance.

Man, a political science major would have a field day analyzing this fucking book!

"Don't you see? You're tearing this country apart! Making people take sides! Sure, you don't agree with the people in power....but isn't sitting back and letting it hapeen while grumbling about it better than actually doing something about it? Because, face facts, if you actually do something, things will happen! Some of those 'things' may not all be good things either! It's better to not make waves, man!"

-This message paid for by Capt. America-Citizens for a Better America

The sight of seeing Captain America go from being full head on for his plans to being a bleeding heart. Is just so out of character for him.

See if anybody has a good reason to be against this, It's Captain America. He's seen it all. He knows what happens when the Government tries to force people to join their cause, he knows that what it's like to see people being put in "camps" because they disagree with you're ideals.

I do think the fact that Captain America started crying was just lame. I mean come on! How do you go from telling SHIELD and everybody else to fuck off, to crying? In one of the last issues it had a ton of damage and Cap got his ass kicked by Stark. He didn't stop and start crying. He was pretty fucking pissed.

I think the next few Captain America arcs are about Bucky finding out what happened and basically telling both sides to go straight to hell, while working with Fury on ways how to stop the Red Skull.

God almighty Marvel really just doesn't know how to not produce shit books. God I'm glad I missed this whole thing. The irony is some of my friends kept telling me to pick it up, and I kept declining saying "Marvel is going to fuck it up just wait." I was right. Awesome! :laugh:

I downloaded the last issue just to see how it went. I wasn't really following the series.

I mean in CW#1 we had Captain America pretty much man handle a ton of SHIELD agents and then jump on top of a fucking jet and ride it down.

CW#2 had Captain america do a few more bad assed shit.

Then in one of the other ones, He gets into a knock down drag out fight with Iron Man, he gets messed up pretty bad and the background is all fucked up. He doesn't go and cry.

Hell in his own title, he blew up a huge robot in the middle of town and few other buildings. He didn't stop and say "We should talk this out like adults." No! He kicked more ass. He didn't stop to cry.

I mean seriously, what kind of Hero fights, and cries when they see how much damage they have caused. The Hulk destroys shit on a daily basis, Yet he doesn't stop and go "OH GOD!! WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!"

Well while that whole idea of trying to come to terms with the calatiral damage caused by a superhero/villian fight is an interesting plot point to play around with, it just seemed like a lame way to end this series. They could have at least had Iron Man and his guys realize their mistake and join Cap. But this ending is a cop out. It just stinks of Marvels want and need to stand by the status qou and never push the envelope. It's really sad.

How does Captain America go from being the man of action he is, to being a pussy just because a few buildings were blown up?

Seriously, the guy has gotten into fights like this before hand. He didn't stop and cry. You're Captain Fucking America. Just about every hero looks up to you. You've killed Baron Zemo. Punched out Hitler and beat the fuck out of a shit load of people.

How do you go from THAT to stopping and crying because a few buildings are set on fire. Millar can fuck right off.

I really also think his idea to teleport everybody to Manhatten was pretty stupid. Why would take a fight from the Negative Zone (which would severly reduce the amount of collateral damage.) and then move it to one of the most populated cities in New York?

Tho seeing Hercules bash in cyborg Thors head was pretty fucking cool.

Now just I wonder what kind Chaos Hulk is going to cause when he comes back.

"I'm Sorry bruce, but you have to Register. It's the law."

"Bruce isn't here anymore. Tin man. Only the Hulk, and right now you're about to recycled."

Then when Stark realizes Thor is back.

"Thor you need to register."

*Tony's head go's flying across the distance.*

Tho I will laugh if they have Hulk destroy each of the 50 state teams.

"Stop! You're breaking the law! This state is under the protection of the North Dakota Avengers!!"

i still dont get why spidey is back in black.

And after reading this Planetary one, I am definitely not gonna read the last issue.

Heh, that's even better, class!

i still dont get why spidey is back in black.

His granny got shot in the guts.

Presumably he burst into tears and stormed out of the room right after Mister Cage's insensitive comments.

All of this is why I am hoping Marvel follows through properly with it's plans of having Hulk return to Earth pissed as can be and preceeds to destroy most of the heroes for screwing him over and sending him into deep space.

However, we know Marvel will take yet another good idea on paper and screw it up nicely. But there may still be some good "Hulk Smash!!" moments.

Anyone who ever believed that Civil War was going to be anything but utter, utter crap deserved to lose their money.

That's all I have to say.

I thought it might be fun, since I've read most of every Marvel series since 1970, but they didn't get my money due to lots of comic nerd friends and online scan sites. Certainly I deserve SOME form of punishment for this, despite still having my cash?

Marvel will never lure me into a false sense of x-over security, especially after the Secret War debacle last year. Or was that so dragged out it was over two years?

Despite Cap letting people die over something he was willing to give in about in the end, I liked it tons more than the Infinity Crapfest over at DC last year. Except for the very surprising Superboy, the one guy I liked that got deleted.